Thoughts on my 4s

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Audi A6
I picked up my car a couple of days ago from Southern California and drove it on 101 back to the Bay Area. What a car! I'll keep it short with things I like and dislike about the car.
Note: This is my first EV
Like:
  • Cornering ability especially with rear axel steering
  • Electric Sport Sound (It is a constant head turner, and other people really seem to like it and turn their heads to see what is it)
  • Instant acceleration
  • Driving dynamics/handling of the car (I was driving at speeds well over the speed limit and couldn't feel it at all. The car just wants to go when cornering. Where ever you point it it will go)
  • Standard interior is pretty good in my opinion and the seats are very comfortable
  • The overall look of the car
Dislike:
  • Climate control settings (manual vents would be so much easier, though I don't mind it )
  • Rear visibility of the window
Thoughts on Electrify America:

I stopped 3 times to charge my car on my trip back and they all worked fine. I had trouble with the first one as I took my time to activate the charging session with the Charging America app and had to call support to activate the session. The other two went smooth.
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Great, congratulations!!

I will say I initially felt the same on both the climate vents & the rear window but you get used to them both pretty quickly! Now I actually like just choosing from "Focused" or "Diffused" rather than fiddling with vents and I stopped having any visibility concerns after a few days!

Enjoy it!!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I stopped having any visibility concerns after a few days!

Enjoy it!!
After a couple of days, I completely stopped looking out the rear window ;) For me, I was coming from a coupe whose window was probably the same size, so not an issue.

Did you take the scenic route or the quicker route? I started on the scenic route, but since I left late in the day, I cut it short.

OP
OP

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Great, congratulations!!

I will say I initially felt the same on both the climate vents & the rear window but you get used to them both pretty quickly! Now I actually like just choosing from "Focused" or "Diffused" rather than fiddling with vents and I stopped having any visibility concerns after a few days!

Enjoy it!!
Thanks! I guess I’ll get used to the rear window soon enough

OP
OP

kennedyjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
After a couple of days, I completely stopped looking out the rear window ;) For me, I was coming from a coupe whose window was probably the same size, so not an issue.

Did you take the scenic route or the quicker route? I started on the scenic route, but since I left late in the day, I cut it short.
I took the scenic route just so I could enjoy the car more, though it took me a couple of extra hours. The other routes are just so boring
Sponsored