So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters...

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I completely agree. Understand that I'm a NON CORVETTE FAN, that's been at an unveiling and have been won over. My first choice remains the TAYCAN. but how are you going to feel if it ends up being $120k+ and looks like those ugly mules or the baby Panamera. Will you still invest your money into that?

Because the word from the dealers in LA that its going to look EXACTLY like the current mules with a few slight changes. I'm hoping their just bullshitting me but if thats the case then I'll be one of the first to give the Vette a try.

BTW, while we were not able to test drive the car. the professional driver there at the event did and it felt and looked fucking amazing. They consulted with a Mclaren designer for the C8, and built the clutch gearbox and transmission off of a Porsche PDK; https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28456562/c8-corvette-mule-used-porsche-gearbox/ See for yourself.
i’m sure it might look amazing in some peoples eyes. but MPawelek is right, you are comparing apples and oranges........ in my humble opinion it would compare better with the tesla model s and in some circumstances with the model 3....... and to some extent as well with the bmw i8........ but not with the new corvette.......?!! one is an electric 4 seater with 4 doors the other a mid-ice-engined two seater with two doors....... the only thing they have in common is that they are both new to the market and they are both supposed to be in a sports segment......
Sponsored

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Sad Sad Day... FOR ALL THOSE READING, DON'T GET ANGRY... JUST STATING FACTS

As someone who was literally googling 'Taycan' everyday to leanr the latest and greatest specs, stats, and items about the car religiously...
Something I didn't expect to happen has now occurred. I've finally considered getting another sports car. Why is this you ask... it's simple really.
For the first time in recent memory another dream car has entered into not just myself, but many car enthusiasts mind and I'm sure there are others
thinking the exact same thing as myself. What car you might ask...

The new CORVETTE C8. I'll be the first to admit, hot damn they may have won me over too. As a passerby to that car I've liked it but never actually
loved corvettes. However after actually witnessing whats happened recently and having personally had an opportunity to see it up close. It will be
hard to beat. The price point of $60k usd, the quality of what I saw in an american made fully carbon fiber mid engine super car that matches a
Lambo huracan, or ferrari 488, or even Porsche 911 turbo speed times of 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. (that day they tested it and it clocked 2.8 seconds...like wholy shit!)

My son looked at me and said 'Dad, I hate to admit it but this actually looks a lot better than the TAYCAN you've been religiously waiting
for." and you know what, I really couldn't argue with him. I felt fr the first time like pulling my reservation deposit with only the last hopes that the design
of this awaited electric vehicle still blows us all away. Porche, the Taycan has an opportunity to do just that, please don't disappoint us.

My entire order now hangs on the balance of what this thing actually looks like. I don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks... We have all fallen victim
with an idea that this vehicle with super car looks and being great to the Earth with amazing speed numbers with fill a hole in a our hearts.
For this entire web page and even the crazy Porsche enthusiasts around the world I pray were not all wasting our time for some foolish & ugly
looking mule caught in most of these images. Like you all I'm sure we dreamed one day of owning a 911 or that dream sports car that checked
all of the boxes. To me Porsche has always been an aspirational brand that delivers LUXURY, SPEED, LOOKS, HANDLING, and most importantly
reliability to a degree not present in most brands.

So... for the moment my enthusiasm for the production Taycan has been muted. Yet slightly changed to another vehicle. Here's to hoping that
Porsche hasn't been using a BAIT & SWITCH tactic by shoving this Mission E in front of us and delivering something else.

721189_2020corvettesingrayreveal005.jpg
Jesus another one of you moaners

King Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Jesus another one of you moaners
Your
i’m sure it might look amazing in some peoples eyes. but MPawelek is right, you are comparing apples and oranges........ in my humble opinion it would compare better with the tesla model s and in some circumstances with the model 3....... and to some extent as well with the bmw i8........ but not with the new corvette.......?!! one is an electric 4 seater with 4 doors the other a mid-ice-engined two seater with two doors....... the only thing they have in common is that they are both new to the market and they are both supposed to be in a sports segment......
I'm simply making a point here. By echoing the voices of others Ive spoken too and read from forums.
I never considered another Sportscar, electric or not until seeing the Corvette. Yes they are completely different. Combustion vs Electric.
I get that and completely understand that. Point made. This forum is not a dealership. Nor is it a marketing ad campaign or strategy. This is an online group of
car enthusiasts who are looking at BUYING DECISIONS based on the information given to us by most of ours preferred brand named Porsche.
Unless your all just so wealthy and don't care for your hard earned cash and will buy any and everything I had one simple point.
Not of engine comparisons, but of new sports vehicles that are sooner to be made on the market many potential buyer are now considering buying.

If you are 100% giving Porsche blind faith and feel ok with the current Mules in your purchase if that's what it ends of being. All the best to you.
However in the case it doesn't turn out as favorable as we all would like, the idea of other options will arise whether we like it or not. As I'm
sure we all work our asses off for our hard earned cash and being deserving of the car that's being shown to us for the most part; the MISSION E images.
Isn't that what we all really want in the end right?

PP4EH

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera E hybrid
Country flag
Your

I'm simply making a point here. By echoing the voices of others Ive spoken too and read from forums.
I never considered another Sportscar, electric or not until seeing the Corvette. Yes they are completely different. Combustion vs Electric.
I get that and completely understand that. Point made. This forum is not a dealership. Nor is it a marketing ad campaign or strategy. This is an online group of
car enthusiasts who are looking at BUYING DECISIONS based on the information given to us by most of ours preferred brand named Porsche.
Unless your all just so wealthy and don't care for your hard earned cash and will buy any and everything I had one simple point.
Not of engine comparisons, but of new sports vehicles that are sooner to be made on the market many potential buyer are now considering buying.

If you are 100% giving Porsche blind faith and feel ok with the current Mules in your purchase if that's what it ends of being. All the best to you.
However in the case it doesn't turn out as favorable as we all would like, the idea of other options will arise whether we like it or not. As I'm
sure we all work our asses off for our hard earned cash and being deserving of the car that's being shown to us for the most part; the MISSION E images.
Isn't that what we all really want in the end right?
Without being to rude no one here cares if you buy a taycan not buy it, buy a Jeep a grilled sandwich whatever you want!
I support you.

Stop polluting the thread.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag

As someone who was literally googling 'Taycan' everyday to leanr the latest and greatest specs, stats, and items about the car religiously...
Something I didn't expect to happen has now occurred. I've finally considered getting another sports car. Why is this you ask... it's simple really.
For the first time in recent memory another dream car has entered into not just myself, but many car enthusiasts mind and I'm sure there are others
thinking the exact same thing as myself. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS YES I UNDERSTAND, as its Combustion vs Electric. But as new sports vehicles entering the market soon. It's now becoming more of a serious consideration for many. What other car you might ask...

The new CORVETTE C8. I'll be the first to admit, hot damn they may have won me over too. As a passerby to that car I've liked it but never actually
loved corvettes. However after actually witnessing whats happened recently and having personally had an opportunity to see it up close. It will be
hard to beat. The price point of $60k usd, the quality of what I saw in an american made fully carbon fiber mid engine super car that matches a
Lambo huracan, or ferrari 488, or even Porsche 911 turbo speed times of 0-60 in 2.9 seconds. (that day they tested it and it clocked 2.8 seconds...like wholy shit!)

My son looked at me and said 'Dad, I hate to admit it but this actually looks a lot better than the TAYCAN you've been religiously waiting
for." and you know what, I really couldn't argue with him. I felt fr the first time like pulling my reservation deposit with only the last hopes that the design
of this awaited electric vehicle still blows us all away. Porche, the Taycan has an opportunity to do just that, please don't disappoint us.

My entire order now hangs on the balance of what this thing actually looks like. I don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks... We have all fallen victim
with an idea that this vehicle with super car looks and being great to the Earth with amazing speed numbers with fill a hole in a our hearts.
For this entire web page and even the crazy Porsche enthusiasts around the world I pray were not all wasting our time for some foolish & ugly
looking mule caught in most of these images. Like you all I'm sure we dreamed one day of owning a 911 or that dream sports car that checked
all of the boxes. To me Porsche has always been an aspirational brand that delivers LUXURY, SPEED, LOOKS, HANDLING, and most importantly

So... for the moment my enthusiasm for the production Taycan has been muted. Yet slightly changed to another vehicle. Here's to hoping that
Porsche hasn't been using a BAIT & SWITCH tactic by shoving this Mission E in front of us and delivering something else.

I can't fault that, I'd probably do the same in your position (though I'd probably err towards the BMW 8-series Gran Coupe)

However, I would urge you to keep the faith, many of the panels on the mules are fake, and even the most recently photographed mules still have fake panels on. And it would be illegal for Porsche to keep marketing the Mission E if the finished car was significantly different

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
I´m going to buy a Taycan or a C8? My advise! Try to figure out what you want (apparently you dont know) first and then make a decision! Jesus, reminds me of the people that ask me should i buy a 964 or a 996?a 993 or a 997) My answer usually is "Get your crap together first"

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
Normally I would completely agree. However were all here with an idea of buying a Sport-scar. Electric or not, understand that I'm a NON CORVETTE FAN, that's been at an unveiling and was blown away. I'm only voicing what others have also been talking about aswell online on other forums.
Where there are folks who put money down on the TESLA ROADSTER that was now considering a
corvette. The new C8 has an Eco mode that uses only 4 cylinders only when needed too.

My first choice remains the TAYCAN. but how are you going to feel if it ends up being $120k+ and looks like those ugly mules or the baby Panamera. Will you still invest your money into that?

Because the word from the dealers in LA that its going to look EXACTLY like the current mules with a few slight changes. I'm hoping their just bullshitting me but if thats the case then I'll be one of the first to give the Vette a try.

BTW, while we were not able to test drive the car. the professional driver there at the event did and it felt and looked fucking amazing. I know luxury quality and they really hit a home run on this new vehicle. One of the engineers admitted they consulted with brands like Mclaren for the C8 design, and built the clutch gearbox and transmission off of a Porsche PDK; https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/a28456562/c8-corvette-mule-used-porsche-gearbox/ See for yourself.

Anyways, that was just my rant in the hopes that Porsche still has something to surprise us with yet.
At the moment, I don't believe there is.
Agree. It’s easily going to cost 120k or more we’ll equ. I’m not at all sure it’s worth it with an outdated battery

Ron R

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Porsche Cayman
Country flag
Not sure where you got the idea the battery is outdated. My impression is Porsche's next generation of EVs will not be built on the J1 platform that the Taycan is but something else. As for the batteries, Porsche has a number of programs involved in pushing toward lighter batteries (probably solid state), but can't imagine these will be ready for production in less than 5 years or more.

I think many of the people who own first generation EVs (I'm one of those) realize that this is the infancy of the EVs and the technology will be changing rapidly as more is learned. It's a negative of being involved with a new technology at it's start.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

thinking the exact same thing as myself. TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT CARS YES I UNDERSTAND, as its Combustion vs Electric. But as new sports vehicles entering the market soon. It's now becoming more of a serious consideration for many. What other car you might ask...

I agree with you that the new C8 should be one hell of a car, and it will look better than just about anything else on the road. Based on my experience at a lot of races and track events, Corvettes are the best bang for the buck by a factor of 2 or more for sure. I think the mid-engine will be very tough to beat on the track with any rear-engined Porsche.

The exterior styling is gorgeous, I just can't stand the interiors. My main complaint is they aren't anywhere near as satisfying to drive as a Porsche. The difference is in how connected you are to the machine and to the road. If you want a powerful two seater that will handle and put down track times better than anything within double it's price, then a Corvette is a logical choice.

I just don't see how you can be making a choice between the Taycan, an all-electric sedan, and the Corvette. If you were talking GT3 vs Vette I'd understand, but I think you're
comparing apples to oranges here.

King Art

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I agree with you that the new C8 should be one hell of a car, and it will look better than just about anything else on the road. Based on my experience at a lot of races and track events, Corvettes are the best bang for the buck by a factor of 2 or more for sure. I think the mid-engine will be very tough to beat on the track with any rear-engined Porsche.

The exterior styling is gorgeous, I just can't stand the interiors. My main complaint is they aren't anywhere near as satisfying to drive as a Porsche. The difference is in how connected you are to the machine and to the road. If you want a powerful two seater that will handle and put down track times better than anything within double it's price, then a Corvette is a logical choice.

I just don't see how you can be making a choice between the Taycan, an all-electric sedan, and the Corvette. If you were talking GT3 vs Vette I'd understand, but I think you're
comparing apples to oranges here.
Fellas! I'm on your side. I COMPLETELY AGREE, It is Apples & Oranges. Its two completely different cars. MY POINT WAS, In the case the TAYCAN does not meet
the expectations of many of the enthusiasts on this forum, do you have other considerations? The obvious Apples to Apples answer is TESLA, BMW I8,
waiting for the Tesla Roadster, Audi E Tron etc... If not and your primary objective is your dream car which may cross into the combustion cars too. is the new 992 - 911, Corvette C8, BMW M8, Mercedes AMG GT, Acura NSX, even Mclaren is about to give a 4 seat grand tour vehicle soon or any other newer cars a part of your short list?

Rather than focusing on the differences of the cars I solely meant to lay out NEWER CAR OPTIONS many buyers are considering. Having sat inside the Mission E
prototype here in LA about a year ago is what made me fall in love with the car. I'm hoping the end product is what we all hope it to be.

Porsche Taycan So, This Is A Bit Disappointing For Us Early Adopters... imagev18e5ce7239f25fdc1b8c0ba67eacdb6f1-22o0drqpmu6cddzndr2_ct1880x930

OP
OP
Raek

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I was honestly thinking of the new NSX if the Taycan doesn't live up to my very open expectations. But, I need a four door, as all of my other cars are two door :/

Nevadagame

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley Gt. C7 ZO6. Cayenne S. Panamera Turbo. Silverado 2500 Turbo Diesel
Country flag
Agree. It’s easily going to cost 120k or more we’ll equ. I’m not at all sure it’s worth it with an outdated battery
I’m not sure where the 120k+ number comes from. Everything I’ve learned points to 130 to 149k+ 25k for options. At 175 plus taxes for the “turbo” I’m out. What I am considering if the Taycan S looks like my dream car, and I can buy it for 98+ 20k in options, (50k less than the turbo), I’m going to own it and the C8

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I was honestly thinking of the new NSX if the Taycan doesn't live up to my very open expectations. But, I need a four door, as all of my other cars are two door :/
The NSX might be a bad buy right now with the C8 around the corner as I predict a price adjustment from Acura

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
89 Turbo, BMW M6 Competition, 87 Turbo SN, BMW X5, Turbo S, BMW 4, BMW 2, Audi A5
Country flag
I have a BMW M6 Competition with 600hp and it is great. I will be considering the M8 Competition Gran Coupe but I want to see the final Taycan Turbo S first. Hopefully it will look like the E.
Sponsored