What did you negotiate on your Taycan lease agreements?

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
I am looking at a heavily optioned turbo build. I am looking at the 36 month lease with 15k a year. I would like to know some baseline of what others are negotiating on their leases. feel free to pm me if you like. I test drove the car and i am speechless. WOW!
Sponsored

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
I am looking at a heavily optioned turbo build. I am looking at the 36 month lease with 15k a year. I would like to know some baseline of what others are negotiating on their leases. feel free to pm me if you like. I test drove the car and i am speechless. WOW!
The wiggle room for Porsche leases can be pretty poor. As with most things when negotiating, don't negotiate the "monthly payment" but rather ask for the lease factors themselves to make sure they are giving you the best deal. This is what I was offered locally (SoCal) for a Turbo 36mo/15k lease:

MF (money factor): .0028
RV (residual value): 46%

That's about on par with how things were earlier this year and I haven't seen an MF lower than .0020. To check on what the market is, you can always ask here too:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussi...-porsche-lease-deals-and-prices-all-models/p4

I leased my prior car, but will go with financing the Taycan. BMW and MB have great lease deals, but Porsche and Audi will bury you a bit.

OP
OP
Pivotaltrader

Pivotaltrader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 TTS 18 hd denali 23 bentley gt speed
Country flag
The wiggle room for Porsche leases can be pretty poor. As with most things when negotiating, don't negotiate the "monthly payment" but rather ask for the lease factors themselves to make sure they are giving you the best deal. This is what I was offered locally (SoCal) for a Turbo 36mo/15k lease:

MF (money factor): .0028
RV (residual value): 46%

That's about on par with how things were earlier this year and I haven't seen an MF lower than .0020. To check on what the market is, you can always ask here too:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussi...-porsche-lease-deals-and-prices-all-models/p4

I leased my prior car, but will go with financing the Taycan. BMW and MB have great lease deals, but Porsche and Audi will bury you a bit.
thanks for the reply, i go in tomorrow to finalize my spec and put down my deposit for my build. The least out of pocket for me is the best option as i make my living as a trader. The lease numbers i have seen are 3k-4k a month depending on options. I may just go the financing route instead... I have time to figure out which way to go as the car will not be here until late first quarter of 21.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
No negotiation at all here in the UK. I got a lease quote from the dealer, went online for a 5-minute search and found it over £100/month cheaper. Took my quote back to the dealer and I've been waiting 3 weeks for a reply. Chased them yesterday and the finance guy there said he couldn't compete with that, their lease prices "are set by the manufacturer". So I'm leasing it elsewhere, but the order will still get passed to a dealer. The cost difference was £5,000 over a 36 month term, far too much to ignore.

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
No negotiation at all here in the UK. I got a lease quote from the dealer, went online for a 5-minute search and found it over £100/month cheaper. Took my quote back to the dealer and I've been waiting 3 weeks for a reply. Chased them yesterday and the finance guy there said he couldn't compete with that, their lease prices "are set by the manufacturer". So I'm leasing it elsewhere, but the order will still get passed to a dealer. The cost difference was £5,000 over a 36 month term, far too much to ignore.
If you don’t mind me asking, where did you get the quote from?

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Check out this link on a 4S lease I created earlier. Hope it helps :like:

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Maybe this is helpful. Porsche Riverside is advertising a lease on a turbo

New 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
$2,159 plus tax / month | 1 at this payment
On approved credit.
Two years of maintenance included.

$15,000 down payment. 36 months, 10,000 miles per year. Down payment excludes tax, dmv fees, acquisition fee, first payment, document fees. $0 security deposit. $.30 per mile in excess. On approved credit. #11738P/LSA70829. Lease specials are for California residence only. Expires 09/30/20.

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
Maybe this is helpful. Porsche Riverside is advertising a lease on a turbo

New 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
$2,159 plus tax / month | 1 at this payment
On approved credit.
Two years of maintenance included.

$15,000 down payment. 36 months, 10,000 miles per year. Down payment excludes tax, dmv fees, acquisition fee, first payment, document fees. $0 security deposit. $.30 per mile in excess. On approved credit. #11738P/LSA70829. Lease specials are for California residence only. Expires 09/30/20.
That’s not bad, but remember unless financing, you shouldn’t ever put any money down on a lease (or as little as possible) since there is no interest benefit and you are simply paying what you owe up front. This means that if you put nothing down, your actual comparable lease is $416 more per month, or $2,576/mo.

My dealer was going to put the $7500 tax credit as the “down” on the lease for nothing down on my end.

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Does anyone have the latest as of September, for the lease money factor and any discounts off MSRP. I am looking at both a 2 and 3 year lease.

Since they have now announced the MY 2021, with respect to Porsche, do you typically get money off because it is MY end.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I have a lot of experience with MB, but I am not that familiar with Porsche.

showtime88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Country flag
Resurrecting an older thread here as I am also looking at leasing a TAYCAN 4S. Also from So CAL
From what I've gathered from Edmunds.com, this is the term for lease as of last week for 2020 lease program.

.00200 MF
58%/51% residual for 24/36 months

However, my local dealer is telling me its 0.0024 .

How are all you folks leasing making out on the lease figures?

Would really like to compare notes from others who have signed recent leases.

Thanks !

Casparado

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxter GTS (2015); May 2021: Taycan
Country flag
I'm about to purchase my Taycan 4s in northern California, some time in Jan or Feb 2021. Already deposited $5k. Will be getting the $7500 rebate. Wondering now whether to purchase outright, or lease. Waiting on lease proposal from my dealer. In the meantime, pros and cons ... Pro: able to turn car in guaranteed, and take advantage of future upgraded models. Stretching out payments. Con: May cost more in total to lease. Would really like anyone's thoughts, observations, suggestions. Thanks.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm about to purchase my Taycan 4s in northern California, some time in Jan or Feb 2021. Already deposited $5k. Will be getting the $7500 rebate. Wondering now whether to purchase outright, or lease. Waiting on lease proposal from my dealer. In the meantime, pros and cons ... Pro: able to turn car in guaranteed, and take advantage of future upgraded models. Stretching out payments. Con: May cost more in total to lease. Would really like anyone's thoughts, observations, suggestions. Thanks.
I leased because
1) I don't want to buy any EV car since the technology is changing rapidly. In 3 years I can probably get another performance EV (Macan, Audi etron Gt, newer Taycan, new Model S, Mustang Gt, Lucid etc) with more range and new features.
2) Taycan's reliability is unknown. There are several issues reported already in this thread. Noone knows how the car will hold after a few years in particular the EV-related components like the battery, electric motors, on-board chargers, DC converter.
3) If you plan to sell the car after 3 years (at about 50% of original price) then you will be looking for someone to pay ~$60-70k for a used EV. This is a lot of coin for a used car. Dealers usually have to certify them to sell them as CPOs. You will likely be seriously low-balled.

Last edited:

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
While Porsche recently "enhanced" their lease rates, they are traditionally not great (especially compared to say BMW, where you can lease a $160,000 BMW M8 for $1,100/month). However, the "pro's" mentioned in the post above are all applicable.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
P.S. As I've mentioned in some other posts, I work with a bunch of Porsche dealers and have helped over a dozen folks in this forum get a good deal. If you're in the market, PM me and I can connect you with the GM of the dealer with the best current deals.
Sponsored