Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
If you don't order the ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights, do you still get courtesy/puddle lighting but without the Logo?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, you do.
Oh ... my dealer just emailed me to say I need the ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Light and the Ambient Lighting package to get door handle courtesy lighting on unlock.

Can anyone confirm what external lighting there is when the car is unlocked if you don't have the PORSCHE Logo LED Door Courtesy and Ambient Lighting?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There's a chance it's different for UK cars but US cars have full exterior visibility LED lighting as standard. So, when dark outside, it lights up all of the handles and the ground around the car. I'd say I'm 95% sure but this might be one to add to the "Ask a dealer" thread.

The logo projector just adds the "Porsche" name without any actual funcionality. I can take a photo later when it's dark.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
There's a chance it's different for UK cars but US cars have full exterior visibility LED lighting as standard. So, when dark outside, it lights up all of the handles and the ground around the car. I'd say I'm 95% sure but this might be one to add to the "Ask a dealer" thread.

The logo projector just adds the "Porsche" name without any actual funcionality. I can take a photo later when it's dark.
I also noticed that the Porsche logo lights can be added afterwards. I assume there is basic lighting if you don’t have the option to begin with otherwise the description would have said so (hopefully).

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKULEDPRO.html

OP
OP
Neighs

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Country flag

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
And in the Porsche aftermarket shop it also says that you need to have the Ambient Lighting...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Ambient Lighting option specifically applies to the interior. This may include the under door projector (when you actually open the door it illuminates the ground under the door). I'm unclear if the "Porsche" logo comes from the mirrors or the door.

Regardless, the car is pretty significantly lit up at night when unlocked and the doors closed. So I think you're getting all the funcionality you need standard and the rest adds aesthetics.

The Ambient Lighting is a good option, though, I like it. LED logo not so much.

Squarecircle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s +
Country flag
Just checked and the light under the wing mirror lights up the side of the car. I did not order the light package.

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Just checked and the light under the wing mirror lights up the side of the car. I did not order the light package.
Do you have folding mirrors? The fold mirror option talks about puddle lights so I wonder if you don’t get puddle lights if you don’t spec folding mirrors?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have folding mirrors? The fold mirror option talks about puddle lights so I wonder if you don’t get puddle lights if you don’t spec folding mirrors?
You do. I do not have power folding mirrors but I have the puddle lights, standard everywhere I believe. Just not logo'd unless you option it.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car also have the power folding mirrors, but the curtesy light is from the door itself. There may be a 2nd light from the mirror, but it is not lit up when just opening the door when parked.

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 20200912_102316

Porsche Taycan ‘PORSCHE’ Logo LED Door Courtesy Lights 20200912_102357