Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Thanks for the advice on the proclip. What do you use to attach the phone - I found the mount here in the UK but the website not helpful in advising best holder for the phone. Thanks!
With respect to Proclip and Brodit, you need to select the mount for the vehicle and then separately select the holder for the device. As far as the device holders you can select between passive and powered as well as whether or not the device has a case. The Proclipusa.com site is a bit easier to navigate, but the Brodit.com site should have the same selections. For my Taycan, I have the vehicle mount, and a Scosche wireless Qi charger (model VQ2M) with the Proclip/Brodit adapter plate (Brodit item no. 216069). This was all configured on the website based on my vehicle, device, and charging option.

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200909_085311_resized_01

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200909_085430_resized_01

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
With respect to Proclip and Brodit, you need to select the mount for the vehicle and then separately select the holder for the device. As far as the device holders you can select between passive and powered as well as whether or not the device has a case. The Proclipusa.com site is a bit easier to navigate, but the Brodit.com site should have the same selections. For my Taycan, I have the vehicle mount, and a Scosche wireless Qi charger (model VQ2M) with the Proclip/Brodit adapter plate (Brodit item no. 216069). This was all configured on the website based on my vehicle, device, and charging option.

20200909_085311_resized_01.jpg

20200909_085430_resized_01.jpg
Not sure why you need all this on the console if you can charge in the arm rest? Doesn't all your phone options i.e. calls, text, etc come thru the PCM?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Thanks for the advice on the proclip. What do you use to attach the phone - I found the mount here in the UK but the website not helpful in advising best holder for the phone. Thanks!
ProClip sells as a two-part system: You buy the mounting base for your vehicle (which is what I linked in my original post) then you buy the device-specific holder that attaches to the base and is tailored for your device. There are lots of options for different phones and tablets, with various features including charging, tilt/pivot, etc. In my particular situation, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone, so I ordered this to go along with the ProClip mount:
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/padded-samsung-galaxy-note-8-holder?sSearch=711005

GaryT

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan, Porsche 911 Turbo, Porsche 928S
Country flag

20200909_085311_resized_01.jpg

20200909_085430_resized_01.jpg
Wh
Do you plug in the wire to power the charger into the arm rest? How do you secure the wire so that it does not get in the way?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Great posts! Haven't got my car yet (coming October now!). But from friends, a microfibre cloth and screen cleaner for the touch screens OR screen protector (seen Galaxy pad, 2019 as best option that needs the least amount of cutting to make it fit)
My car came with a microfiber cloth. I assume they all do?

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone have a link for the screen protector for the console screen?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Not sure why you need all this on the console if you can charge in the arm rest? Doesn't all your phone options i.e. calls, text, etc come thru the PCM?
Phone calls work great through Bluetooth, and text messages and even emails can be received through the PCM. For these uses the armrest charger works well. Speaking for myself, however, I like to be able to see and access the phone while driving. I have an Android phone and since the car does not offer Android Auto if I want to launch music or an audiobook from my phone, run Waze, use a third-party charging app, etc. , it's helpful to have the phone visible.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
The point of having your phone mounted to the console is to allow the use of the phone screen as a completely independent display. If you put the phone in the armrest then you can't use the phone as a completely independent device.

3D Printed Console (RAM) Mount (No adhesive required like ProClip):
Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 0R0A1548.JPG

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 0R0A1562.JPG

Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200829_192145

and hardwired high power USB charger (wired directly into pass fuse box):
Porsche Taycan Share your favorite aftermarket accessories 20200829_193507

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wh
Do you plug in the wire to power the charger into the arm rest? How do you secure the wire so that it does not get in the way?
Correct, I will plug the power connection in the arm rest. I should be able to run the wire under the trim pieces without much trouble (I am currently out of town so I won't do the actual install until the 18th). Without Android Auto I need visibility to the phone. I run an app JBV1 that is connected via bluetooth to my Valentine 1 Gen 2 radar detector.

@LonePalmBJ - not only do we live near each other, drive Taycans, we also have the same phone.:like:

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Correct, I will plug the power connection in the arm rest. I should be able to run the wire under the trim pieces without much trouble (I am currently out of town so I won't do the actual install until the 18th). Without Android Auto I need visibility to the phone. I run an app JBV1 that is connected via bluetooth to my Valentine 1 Gen 2 radar detector.
Actually, REGARDLESS of whether you have Android Auto or not: If you want to use your phone independently of the PCM (as an ADDITIONAL display and source of info), then you will want to be able to see it! Its not about displaying and interacting with it via the PCM. Its about being able to use it in addition to the PCM. I will put the Taycan PCM Nav display up on the console and then run Waze (or ABRP or Porsche Connect or Charging NA) in addition directly on my phone. I have Android auto in my Truck and still don't use it because I want independent use and control of my phone...

I'm not sure how much power those USB ports in the console will provide, but that charger I linked above is capable of QuickCharge 3.0 at a full 3A. I also documented (in another thread) how easy it is to tap into an unused socket in the Fuse Panel in the Passenger footwell to provide power to that charger. You also don't need to route wires in/out of your center console as its all tucked up out of the way under the pass footwell...

TIM

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes!
Country flag
Actually, REGARDLESS of whether you have Android Auto or not: If you want to use your phone independently of the PCM (as an ADDITIONAL display and source of info), then you will want to be able to see it! Its not about displaying and interacting with it via the PCM. Its about being able to use it in addition to the PCM. I will put the Taycan PCM Nav display up on the console and then run Waze (or ABRP or Porsche Connect or Charging NA) in addition directly on my phone. I have Android auto in my Truck and still don't use it because I want independent use and control of my phone...

I'm not sure how much power those USB ports in the console will provide, but that charger I linked above is capable of QuickCharge 3.0 at a full 3A. I also documented (in another thread) how easy it is to tap into an unused socket in the Fuse Panel in the Passenger footwell to provide power to that charger. You also don't need to route wires in/out of your center console as its all tucked up out of the way under the pass footwell...
I don't know how is the legislation in the US or other countries, in switzerland if you're caught manipulating your phone while driving (e.g. sending SMS or similar activities) your driving license is gone for at least 1 month (if you're really lucky you'll get only a warning), the only way to avoid that is to keep saying that you were only having a phone call and you'll just get a 100 CHF fine.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't know how is the legislation in the US or other countries, in switzerland if you're caught manipulating your phone while driving (e.g. sending SMS or similar activities) your driving license is gone for at least 1 month (if you're really lucky you'll get only a warning), the only way to avoid that is to keep saying that you were only having a phone call and you'll just get a 100 CHF fine.
It is similar in the States although the penalties are generally not as harsh. These types of device holders are fairly common to comply with the hands free requirement. However you cannot do things such as sending SMS, emails, etc. You can use it as a passive display or to have a hands free call.

Reactions: TIM

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
suncoast porsche has the screen protector kit available, fits and looks great.