GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Washed and waxed the car today to start the long weekend (in the U.S.) and then took my car on a twisty mountain road. As always, the performance is amazing. The car stood out so much that at least three other cars nearly drove off the road because they were so focused on trying to get a good look. The Gentian Blue really looks amazing when it is clean, much better than it shows up in the photos.

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club Taycan4s2

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
Picked it up Tuesday - got 600 km clocked by today (been raining each and every day since).
Color is even better live than any picture can show.
Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club C04BA4A1-DFBC-4960-A2B1-7EAF9CAE95BD_1_105_c
Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club 91790E96-1CFC-48E4-ABBC-316AB28D8C5A_1_105_c

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
I picked up this beauty yesterday. My original $1,000 deposit was made on May 4, 2018. It's been a long wait!

I've only driven about 40 miles so far, so not a lot of time to figure things out. Perhaps people can point me in the right directions for the things that don't seem to be working.

I created my profile successfully. I set a "home" address in the Nav system. I got SiriusXM transferred from my last car. But every time I've started the car, the nav system doesn't have my "home" address and I seem to be losing where the seats, mirrors, etc are supposed to go. What gives?

Also, the app on my Samsung S8 always resets and I have to log in again and again and again. I know it's synched to the car, but the only thing I can see is if it's charging (that's good). I can't see anything else, like if the doors are locked, the location of the car, or anything. What am I missing?

Porsche Taycan GENTIAN BLUE Taycan Club 20200915_124239

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
I picked up this beauty yesterday. My original $1,000 deposit was made on May 4, 2018. It's been a long wait!

I've only driven about 40 miles so far, so not a lot of time to figure things out. Perhaps people can point me in the right directions for the things that don't seem to be working.

I created my profile successfully. I set a "home" address in the Nav system. I got SiriusXM transferred from my last car. But every time I've started the car, the nav system doesn't have my "home" address and I seem to be losing where the seats, mirrors, etc are supposed to go. What gives?

Also, the app on my Samsung S8 always resets and I have to log in again and again and again. I know it's synched to the car, but the only thing I can see is if it's charging (that's good). I can't see anything else, like if the doors are locked, the location of the car, or anything. What am I missing?

20200915_124239.jpg

Congratulations! Your car looks a lot like mine, so kudos for having such great taste.

I'm not certain about the Profile issues you are having, but two thoughts: It seems to take a little while for the actual, non-guest profile to fully load, so I'm curious if the "home" location appears after a couple of minutes. Also, the profile is tagged to the key, so make sure you are using the same key, and also that it isn't electrically blocked from the car, for example inside of an RFID-shielding bag or in the same pocket as a cell phone.

As for the Porsche Connect app, it's not you. The app is frankly terrible, and the annoying behavior of constantly being logged out and having to re-authenticate randomly for no good reason is just part of the joy of the crummy app. There's also some evidence that the US Porsche Servers are behaving poorly at the moment, which will lead to additional app and car-update issues. It's not you, and I'm afraid there's little you or I can do about it that I know of.

Brent

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Well, one of the things I was missing was that I hadn't gone to the MyPorsche site on my desktop computer and put in my credit card information (for EA). Apparently doing that activates all of the features of the MyPorsche app. Tech support said it may take 24 hours for everything to activate. We'll see.

This car really needs to come with a step by step, in order of operation, of things you must do as a new owner. It's quite vexing to come home and set up the charger only to find out it needs a software update, too. I'm told everything will be alright (to which I believe), but there is a lot of work before you get to "alright."

So far, time spent:
"configuring" the car (as well as learning, setting up charging hardware), getting entertainment options working, trying to understand the menu system: 10 hours

Time driving the car: 1 hour

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
They've fixed this in the most recent version of Connect.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
They've fixed this in the most recent version of Connect.
Yes, I think I should have posted that it’s working now.

And all of the Connect features now seem to be active, including Climate control, which activated magically....today, nearly 5 days later, LOL

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
Great driving around the Dales yesterday...

7AFF9D31-5439-4C1D-979C-4D72F7068EB8.jpeg

8A44F0C9-B6FC-4558-BEA5-4AC9C973F9A5.jpeg
DD106788-8B92-47FA-9101-45FCD868D243.jpeg
03638731-8B96-4CBE-80EE-BA227B733621.jpeg
it looks stunning! Is this the high gloss black Porsche Sport Design Package?
does the front lip also get the high gloss black paint, like the Turbo?