oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think it suits it better than the Panamera but whether it will be the perfect colour for the car is hard to say.
Sponsored

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan, Miami Blue Boxster 718, Mercedes-Benz A Class, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I got fed up with no way to see the actual colours of the Taycan, youtube videos are always enhanced to look dramatic rather than be true to life and the Porsche web site isn't much use either. I went to a Porsche dealer who had the new colours as real samples on metal - I took this photo with the colours I was interested in at the time. I included solid white to allow me to "white balance" the photo. i.e. if you view the photo and white looks white the rest should be correct too. On the top from left to right Miami Blue ( not a taycan colour but the colour of my 718 for reference ) , Frozen Blue, bottom left to right, white , Ice Grey Met. , Dolomite silver

Porsche Taycan First official look: 7 new colors for 2021 Taycan: Neptune Blue, Cherry, Frozenberry, Coffee Beige, Mohagony, Ice Grey, Crayon 118472063_643086836318683_785550814460568238_n

Porsche Taycan First official look: 7 new colors for 2021 Taycan: Neptune Blue, Cherry, Frozenberry, Coffee Beige, Mohagony, Ice Grey, Crayon 118472063_643086836318683_785550814460568238_n

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Green Taycan, Miami Blue Boxster 718, Mercedes-Benz A Class, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
I used the Porsche site to create these side by sides for seeing how Ice Grey might look - One is comparing to White and the other comparing to Dolomite silver. Ice Grey is darker than white and lighted than Dolomite. hope this helps anyone trying to buy before seeing. I ended up choosing Mamba Green in the end but it was a hard choice. The ice grey is the top car in both.

Porsche Taycan First official look: 7 new colors for 2021 Taycan: Neptune Blue, Cherry, Frozenberry, Coffee Beige, Mohagony, Ice Grey, Crayon z

Porsche Taycan First official look: 7 new colors for 2021 Taycan: Neptune Blue, Cherry, Frozenberry, Coffee Beige, Mohagony, Ice Grey, Crayon z2

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
I got fed up with no way to see the actual colours of the Taycan, youtube videos are always enhanced to look dramatic rather than be true to life and the Porsche web site isn't much use either. I went to a Porsche dealer who had the new colours as real samples on metal - I took this photo with the colours I was interested in at the time. I included solid white to allow me to "white balance" the photo. i.e. if you view the photo and white looks white the rest should be correct too. On the top from left to right Miami Blue ( not a taycan colour but the colour of my 718 for reference ) , Frozen Blue, bottom left to right, white , Ice Grey Met. , Dolomite silver

118472063_643086836318683_785550814460568238_n.jpg

118472063_643086836318683_785550814460568238_n.jpg
Much appreciated, how Ice Grey Metallic looks both in real life and in actual photos has been a running question for many weeks. Again it looks to be a grey metallic paint (and not a "silver" type paint like dolomite or GT). Thanks for sharing these!

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
I used the Porsche site to create these side by sides for seeing how Ice Grey might look - One is comparing to White and the other comparing to Dolomite silver. Ice Grey is darker than white and lighted than Dolomite. hope this helps anyone trying to buy before seeing. I ended up choosing Mamba Green in the end but it was a hard choice. The ice grey is the top car in both.

z.jpg

z2.jpg
lol @DavidInEngland, "I ended up choosing Mamba Green."

I can already imagine your thought process.

"White? A little.. pearly white? Maybe a darker greyish white.. whitish silvery silver dark white.. oh f*ck it bring out the Mamba."

Cilviloze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster, MB E class, MB S class, Alphard
Country flag
To think that Porsche won't bother to make even one ice grey Taycan to promote the new color is something I don't understand.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
2021 models are being made right now, it must be a question of time before we see the colours in the wild.

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To think that Porsche won't bother to make even one ice grey Taycan to promote the new color is something I don't understand.
I agree, I would produce at least just one in each colour and video it to death for a month, then sell on. I am amazed that I am buying an expensive car having never seen it in real life (Mamba Green) but at least there are a lot of videos and photos of Mamba Green Taycans. That can't be said for the new colours. My fear, and it's only a "first world problem", is one day seeing one of the new colours in real life and thinking if only I had seen it earlier I would have bought it. So I wait for mine to be delivered "sometime in October" to quote the dealer with both excitement and a bit of tension. I have been assured by Mamba Green owners on this forum that it does look amazing and my wife has a Mercedes in what is almost the same colour and that looks great, see photo.

Porsche Taycan First official look: 7 new colors for 2021 Taycan: Neptune Blue, Cherry, Frozenberry, Coffee Beige, Mohagony, Ice Grey, Crayon 120004896_2813384632320102_7491184317519375206_n

Last edited:

DavidInEngland

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lol @DavidInEngland, "I ended up choosing Mamba Green."

I can already imagine your thought process.

"White? A little.. pearly white? Maybe a darker greyish white.. whitish silvery silver dark white.. oh f*ck it bring out the Mamba."
Yes exactly! my process Having had a Yellow Cayman, currently a Miami Blue 718 I thought I wanted something that stood out like they do / did. White is becoming too popular aka common and who wants to be common. I like the white for it's impact and thought a compromise might be Ice Grey but without seeing it how could you risk the first time you saw your own car in the colour of your choice being when there was zero chance of changing it. I am sure this is dancing on the head of a pin and that almost all colours look great.

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
For comparison - Dolomite Silver (left); Ice Grey Metallic (middle) and GT Silver (right - not currently available on Taycan)
Porsche Taycan First official look: 7 new colors for 2021 Taycan: Neptune Blue, Cherry, Frozenberry, Coffee Beige, Mohagony, Ice Grey, Crayon IMG_0052

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The more I see of Ice Grey the more "meh" I feel about it. It seems like an odd middle ground between Dolomite & Carrera.. but did we really need that? Would have preferred a true Grey or Silver. Agate, GT, etc..

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think agate grey or quartzite grey would have been my preferred colour if I could get them.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The more I see of Ice Grey the more "meh" I feel about it. It seems like an odd middle ground between Dolomite & Carrera.. but did we really need that? Would have preferred a true Grey or Silver. Agate, GT, etc..
I hope you are wrong as I chose that over the starkness of the Carrera White... :) ...Will know in a few weeks..

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I hope you are wrong as I chose that over the starkness of the Carrera White... :) ...Will know in a few weeks..
Don't get me wrong, I like Ice Grey and I think it's a nice color! I just question whether it added a lot to the spectrum of Taycan colors whereas we're still lacking a true grey or silver, which is very odd. Dolomite is a cool blue silver and ice looks like a heavily grey speccd white to me.

GT Silver and Agate Grey are/were immensely popular for a reason.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Don't get me wrong, I like Ice Grey and I think it's a nice color! I just question whether it added a lot to the spectrum of Taycan colors whereas we're still lacking a true grey or silver, which is very odd. Dolomite is a cool blue silver and ice looks like a heavily grey speccd white to me.

GT Silver and Agate Grey are/were immensely popular for a reason.
Could not agree more on the GT Silver/Agate Grey
Sponsored