Poluski

First Name
Andrzej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, 914-6, 944 Turbo, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan The naked frunk (front trunk cover / shroud removed) mach-e-frunk-uncovered-naked

Had a chance to snap a pic while the car was getting an expansion valve replaced. It was making scratching noise in the cabin. Like some sort a small animal was trapped in the dash. Amazing complexity for the spiderweb of hoses. Really jam-packed with components.
Sponsored

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Yes the cooling system is complex and it supposedly has 300 distinct operating states, whew.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Yes the cooling system is complex and it supposedly has 300 distinct operating states, whew.
And we think electrical cars will need few mechanics in the future? Not likely - they will become specialty electricians.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
So much for EV’s containing few components and being virtually maintenance free.

Something tells me the Taycan will be very expensive to own after the warranty runs out.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
let’s distinguishg between maintenance and repairs - nothing under that shroud needs routine maintenance - it might need repairs but mostly on the scale of 100,000 or 200,000 miles

EV’s are moslty maintenance free - they are not repair free - but if done correctly repairs are far less frequent than ICE maintenance

none of those parts under the shroud are consumables…

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
mach-e-frunk-uncovered-naked.jpg

Had a chance to snap a pic while the car was getting an expansion valve replaced. It was making scratching noise in the cabin. Like some sort a small animal was trapped in the dash. Amazing complexity for the spiderweb of hoses. Really jam-packed with components.
Holy crap.
It's my wife's car and one of the 1st thing she said was, 'kinda a small front trunk'.
Well, appears the design team got about every square inch they could.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Wow. The frunk does look small, but I got an aircraft trolley bag suitcase & my laptop bag squeezed in perfectly.
Sponsored