mmarrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Just my luck as my freeze date moved up 2 weeks from 10/16 to today. Silver lining is I'll get my car sooner ;-)
Congrats! My freeze date is tomorrow so I'm looking at the configurator now.
I noticed that the 'Performance Battery Plus' option doesn't mention any power increase - if that is the case I'm tempted to drop it for the weight decrease as my daily commute is quite short.
Also, I don't see the on-demand mentioned for ACC & Innodrive. I want these options but was going to wait to buy until after trying them out if that is an option.

dgompper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I noticed that the 'Performance Battery Plus' option doesn't mention any power increase - if that is the case I'm tempted to drop it for the weight decrease as my daily commute is quite short.
Also, I don't see the on-demand mentioned for ACC & Innodrive. I want these options but was going to wait to buy until after trying them out if that is an option.
Did your dealer set a freeze date for you, giving you a "heads-up"? Or did you ask them directly?

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag
Performance Battery Plus 562hp on overboost, 482hp normally.
Performance Battery 522hp on overboost,
429hp normally.

mmarrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Did your dealer set a freeze date for you, giving you a "heads-up"? Or did you ask them directly?
I had requested a 2021 allocation earlier in the year. Got an email from the dealer a few days ago that the build was about to freeze.

mmarrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S
Country flag
Performance Battery Plus 562hp on overboost, 482hp normally.
Performance Battery 522hp on overboost,
429hp normally.
Thanks. Makes it an easy box to tick. Where did you get that information, as the 0-60's don't seem different (from another thread).

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Just checked. The Canadian version isn’t updated yet. I figured they would be updated at the same time. Canada always seems to get things a little after the U.S.

I did configure mine with the dealer’s version of the tool for 2021 though. I would just like to double check things, especially now that I no longer have my November build slot due to contrast stitching.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Just my luck as my freeze date moved up 2 weeks from 10/16 to today. Silver lining is I'll get my car sooner ;-)
Thanks for alerting us that the 2021 Taycan Configurator is now up in the US. I noticed that apparently the Mobile Charger Connect is now included as a free ($0) option instead of the $1,210 obligatory option for the 2020 model year? Other than that, the remaining prices for 2021 seem to be identical to the 2020 ones, at least for the 4S. So, basically the Taycan became a bit cheaper...

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Congrats guys! I was wondering when this would hit the US market. I still don't understand why US took so long compared to other configurators?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone is considering doing the deviated stitching? This is one of the options that I wish were on the 2020 model since it gives the interior more contrast. Unfortunately, it looks like the preview picture on the configurator doesn't change at all regardless of what color you choose for the stitching :(

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Congrats guys! I was wondering when this would hit the US market. I still don't understand why US took so long compared to other configurators?

Anyway, just wondering if anyone is considering doing the deviated stitching? This is one of the options that I wish were on the 2020 model since it gives the interior more contrast. Unfortunately, it looks like the preview picture on the configurator doesn't change at all regardless of what color you choose for the stitching :(
Go to the 3D rendering view if you are on a laptop. You can see the stitching that way. As mentioned, I have added it to my build in Canada but it causes a delay. Went with Guards Red on Olea Basalt Black.

dgompper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I just locked in my order for a 2021 Taycan 4s, Dolomite Silver. Delivery date January 1 (or the week before). Planning to pick it up in Atlanta and experience 90' on the track before driving home.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Go to the 3D rendering view if you are on a laptop. You can see the stitching that way. As mentioned, I have added it to my build in Canada but it causes a delay. Went with Guards Red on Olea Basalt Black.
Nice! a little pixelated but good to see :) . Nice that you're going ahead with it. Kinda pricey, but it definitely makes it stand out from the 2020 models

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys. can anyone explain the option of the black Porsche logo on rear as an option ? I get the blue option and it shows up looking different but when you click the black one nothing happens...
thanks.

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
Hi guys. can anyone explain the option of the black Porsche logo on rear as an option ? I get the blue option and it shows up looking different but when you click the black one nothing happens...
thanks.
If you choose the 3D 360 rendering option, you’ll see what it looks like (chrome accent and black lettering). This will also work If you want to see the front headlight blacked out Daytime LED as well.
Sponsored