Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

Charlie_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (Order Placed)
Country flag
Car released from purgatory (customs) and will be at dealer by Monday...a day for tint and Xpel - hopefully pics will be up by Wed!
It only takes you a day for Xpel? The shop I'm taking mine to says it takes 3-5 days as the film shrinks a bit after the install and to do a proper job it needs to be re-stretched for full coverage with no film lines. Not saying your shop is not doing proper work, but I'm curious how they do it differently.
Sponsored

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It only takes you a day for Xpel? The shop I'm taking mine to says it takes 3-5 days as the film shrinks a bit after the install and to do a proper job it needs to be re-stretched for full coverage with no film lines. Not saying your shop is not doing proper work, but I'm curious how they do it differently.
I’m just having the front done...maybe that’s the difference? Also can’t swear it will only be a day...but my dealer didn’t indicate it would be longer. Now you have me concerned...

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had the front of my last R8 done in a day, and didn't have problems. And that required them mega-stretching things to do the hood with 1 piece.

Charlie_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (Order Placed)
Country flag
I’m just having the front done...maybe that’s the difference? Also can’t swear it will only be a day...but my dealer didn’t indicate it would be longer. Now you have me concerned...

I'm doing Front + high wear locations, like the trunk opening, door cups (where you hand goes to open the door) and door edges since I've scraped the doors on high curbs before; made a nasty noise. Definitely more work then both you and @Miwa but they cited the re-stretch as the reason for long wait, I'll update you on how long it actually takes, hopefully they are just under-promising and planning to over deliver. I checked their work on social media and on site and it looks good.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Order placed on Sep 18, estimated delivery week 52. Excited.

Taycan 4s

Europe

Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1CBD76A9-9B0E-4085-A141-880086B29FF8

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date? 1601820795366

Vehicle spec locked ... 7 days before expected ... D'oh!

Despite being pulled forwards by 7 days, estimated delivery is still later than I was "promised" by the my sales agent.

I did enquire what would happen to the delivery date if I wanted to change the spec ... the dealer advised against it as any change would push delivery past Brexit ... and nobody has any idea what that would mean ... apparently all new customers have to sign a waiver.

Anyway ... now the waiting begins.

The council have told me they have authorised conversion of the street lights on my street to charge points ... is it too much to hope for that to be completed before I take delivery?

Not to mention that Ubitricity have "shut their online shop for 4 weeks" ... so I now can't order the requisite cable with integrated meter required to get preferred pricing.

... I mean, how does a supplier with the monopoly of lamp post EV charging closing it's online shop inspire confidence in London's EV charging network?!

I didn't order a Type 2 cable from Porsche because I was going to get an Ubitricity one ... hope they open their shop before I get my car or charging will be even more challenging!

Tick tock ... *bites hooves*

Last edited:

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
Hi there, can I just ask, where did you get the tracking information for your car build from?
I have my car hopefully being at the dealer sometime next week, but when I ask about dates he says he will let me know. Seeing the amount of information you have would save me bothering him all the time...
thanks in advance

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
Hi there, can I just ask, where did you get the tracking information for your car build from?
I have my car hopefully being at the dealer sometime next week, but when I ask about dates he says he will let me know. Seeing the amount of information you have would save me bothering him all the time...
thanks in advance
I call my dealer twice a day and three times on Monday.

... and based on the fact that they missed the spec lock transition for a week, I’m not even sure that’s enough!

i say, make sure your dealer knows you are there.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My dealer tells me that I have a CP8 (dealer said that means build finish) date of 29th October. So hopefully I will take delivery before the end of November

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm doing Front + high wear locations, like the trunk opening, door cups (where you hand goes to open the door) and door edges since I've scraped the doors on high curbs before; made a nasty noise. Definitely more work then both you and @Miwa but they cited the re-stretch as the reason for long wait, I'll update you on how long it actually takes, hopefully they are just under-promising and planning to over deliver. I checked their work on social media and on site and it looks good.
Update: car arrived dealer this weekend into service tomorrow for prep and then tint and Xpel - sales manager told me now it could be a week...not sure what that’s due to but I told him that I really want it by Sat. Let’s see who wins!

Matt8442

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo, Cayman GTS, Taycan 4S, Taycan Turbo S.
Country flag
I call my dealer twice a day and three times on Monday.

... and based on the fact that they missed the spec lock transition for a week, I’m not even sure that’s enough!

i say, make sure your dealer knows you are there.
Thanks for the info I’ll be giving him a call today and seeing what more I can find out. Currently I know the car was built on the 23rd Sept and was at Emden on the 28th Sept, and that’s all I know. I saw the Mallaca Highway left Emden on the 30th and docked at sheerness on the 02nd so hoping that the car was on there, but also know how busy Emden is and how spaces on the boat are limited. So fingers crossed!

Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag
Hi Guys,
Ordered my Turbo S in September and managed to get a cancelled order build slot. I've got a CP8 date of 30/10/20 so delivery hopefully in November at some point. It's being taken away on a trailer for PPF and ceramic which will probably add a week then delivery from Silverstone
All the best

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi Guys,
Ordered my Turbo S in September and managed to get a cancelled order build slot. I've got a CP8 date of 30/10/20 so delivery hopefully in November at some point. It's being taken away on a trailer for PPF and ceramic which will probably add a week then delivery from Silverstone
All the best
i am having my car ceramic coated but no PPF.

My other car has PPF from a renowned place, it has stone chips down to the paint. so that means paying for PPF, then paint and then PPF again. I rather just paint the car again.

How did you arrange collection from Silverstone. i am assuming from the racetrack and not the dealer

Jimmy

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer tells me that I have a CP8 (dealer said that means build finish) date of 29th October. So hopefully I will take delivery before the end of November
My CP8 is 16 Oct and I am being told that although the system says November delivery, they have received all their orders for delivery to the UK ahead of that. He could not give me a reason why other than possibly UK orders being pushed out due to Brexit and the speed of deliveries/shipping between Europe and UK has improved since the lockdown. He also said all updates and checks are being completed at the port so once at the dealer, its a quick turnaround (however I am getting PPS and Ceramic done so that adds about 5 days).
My CP8 was 9 Oct but it was changed on the day it was supposed to start. Heard others also had a CP8 moved to 16 Oct so who knows!
Sponsored