First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
They
Had a really annoying rattle from the passenger door speaker behind driver on my test drive. When I mentioned it to the dealer he said 'the trouble with such a quite car....blah' which frankly was an excuse. It rattled! Felt it was a bit of a patronising comment really.
They fixed it still, right??
Sponsored

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
I have one particularly loud and annoying rattle from the passenger door. It‘s proportional to volume on the stereo and harsh roads. Whenever I or a passenger apply pressure to the arm rest it disappears. So, I’m assuming it’s a contact point or something internal like a clip. I’ll have them look at it when the winter tires go on. Interestingly, I did drive a Nissan Rogue rental car with well over 100,000 miles on it the other day and there were so many rattles in that thing that they effectively drown each other out and became ambient noise. I think the problem with the Taycan is that it’s so quiet that even the faintest rattle gets your attention. So, in summary, you either want a whole hell of a lot of rattles or none at all—in between is the worst!
Kind of acceptable driving a rental car with 100k miles on it and having rattles. Rentals aren't exactly looked after :) I have this feeling that if your Taycan had that many rattles it would have been launched through your dealer's window by now.

Jayc

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 930 wide body slant nose, 2013 cayenne gts, 2010 panamera 4s, Taycan turbo
Country flag
Had a really annoying rattle from the passenger door speaker behind driver on my test drive. When I mentioned it to the dealer he said 'the trouble with such a quite car....blah' which frankly was an excuse. It rattled! Felt it was a bit of a patronising comment really.
I had the same rattle In the passenger door, got the car back after all the PDI issues, this was one of them, they used felt tape in the door panel to get rid of that same rattle your talking about. I had another loose clip in my trunk lid, which was replaced. Everything quiet now, except a small vibration that is more noticeable when I put my 21” wheels on from my stock 20”

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
Swebbs850:

I had exactly the same on my test drive. It wasn't at Sheffield was it? i got the same blah, but they did say that the sales director said that the car was broken, they didn't have time to fix it because it was needed for test drives all the time. Hmm

swebbs850

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i Conv; Jaguar E-Pace; Landrover Series 2A
Country flag
They

They fixed it still, right??
it was only a test drive so not sure if they fixed it after. I have not ordered yet as I'm waiting for the base model I'm afraid! Sounds like a common fault that's easily fixed though. It was more the attitude that was a bit annoying like I was being too fussy. If you're spending that sort of dollar you're entitled that it doesn't rattle about surely! It hasn't put me off ordering, but there are a lot more alternatives coming out all the time, and no release date/price for the base version in UK yet.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
it was only a test drive so not sure if they fixed it after. I have not ordered yet as 'm waiting for the base model I'm afraid! Sounds like a common fault that's easily fixed though. It was more the attitude that was a bit annoying like I was being too fussy. If you're spending that sort of dollar you're entitled that it doesn't rattle about surely! It hasn't put me off ordering, but there are a lot more alternatives coming out all the time, and no release date/price for the base version in UK yet.
Agreed. I find that dismissive attitude troubling from the dealer. Thanks for clarifying.

OP
OP
K777

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the responses.

For the passenger seat, its definitely the moveable headrest, had a passenger in the back try work it out. The solution we found was lay the seat down and beat it a bit. Seems to have sorted it for now, but my guess is it will come back.

I have driven Panamera Hybrids for 5 years so I am used to silent cars, with the odd peculiar clunk or ticking noises that the Panamera was well noted for.

How I described the rattle on FB, was to put a spanner in a tin can and rattle it over every slightest rough service in the road. It is definitely not something you would put up with or accept.

baldybot1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo
Country flag
I have a really annoying vibration from the door pillar... certain roads and bassy music... drives me nuts lol

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
I have had my Taycan Turbo for 3 weeks. Love the car, but it does suffer some first version deficiencies. An intermittent annoying rattle has shown up somewhere in the dash on the driver’s side when pavement is a little rough.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have a really annoying vibration from the door pillar... certain roads and bassy music... drives me nuts lol
SAME!! It mysteriously vanishes for stretches (more off than on), so I know that I won't be able to raise it as an issue (because it won't be there when I do).

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
SAME!! It mysteriously vanishes for stretches (more off than on), so I know that I won't be able to raise it as an issue (because it won't be there when I do).
Yup. If anyone does figure it out, please update. It sure sounds like we have the exact same issue. My guess is the passenger door Bose speaker.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Yup. If anyone does figure it out, please update. It sure sounds like we have the exact same issue. My guess is the passenger door Bose speaker.
It was definitely the passenger headrest for me. I touched it and it stopped. I haven’t been on that stretch of road since so I can’t say if/when it will recur.

dmb

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
ANyone notice a HIGH pitch noise when the car changes speed either accel or decelerating at lower speeds?

OP
OP
K777

K777

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
What i did with passenger headrest was lay the seat as flat as possible, put the headrest all the way in, then thump the headrest a number of times. Probably borne from frustration.
It worked and haven't had any issue since.

I am certain it was when it was pulled out and that the slider pins must be wobbling, but once was pushed back in they still did it. Now its ok in or out.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
One source of rattle can be under the front hood. Open it up and look at the black plastic "liners" that touch the outside metal of the car sides, close before the window. One of them came lose in my car, and started vibrating at 160km/h+.
Sponsored