louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
This was a difficult decision to come to, but I guess it needs to be made. I’ve decided to sell my Taycan.

It has been a wonderful experience, a fantastic ride, and through this community I’ve met many great and generous people, both virtually and in person.

I’ll wander back through occasionally, to see how everyone is doing.

Have fun, drive fast, take risks. Or be safe. You do you.
-Don

P.S. I miss my car already, and I haven’t even sold it yet. Dammit.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Sad to hear that you are selling the Taycan.

Thanks for all your reports, advice and recommendations!

Hope to see you back some day!

All the Best

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wow! So sorry to see you go, Louv! I’ve really enjoyed your posts, and you’ve been such a huge help to everyone here on the forum. I doubt anyone will ever catch your record “reaction score” points! I’m sure everyone will be interested to hear what price you end up getting. Yours might very well be the first used Taycan sold!

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
This was a difficult decision to come to, but I guess it needs to be made. I’ve decided to sell my Taycan.

It has been a wonderful experience, a fantastic ride, and through this community I’ve met many great and generous people, both virtually and in person.

I’ll wander back through occasionally, to see how everyone is doing.

Have fun, drive fast, take risks. Or be safe. You do you.
-Don

P.S. I miss my car already, and I haven’t even sold it yet. Dammit.
The question is why?? Or have you upgraded to the Turbo S?

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Why Go?
Six years ago, my life changed radically. Unplanned retirement, divorce, etc.
I decided on a path: I’d live my life as I wanted, making my own self happy, not stressing over money, answering to no one (except my cat), giving back to community and the world, spending or giving money at whatever rate kept me happy (read: as if I still has a six-figure job), and when the money ran out, I’d be Done.

Most people go the other way; they try to make their money stretch thin until... when? 80? 90? We don’t really know; it could be tomorrow or 40 years from tomorrow. Living frugally, but without joy. Worrying if there would be enough. Get sick. Getting old. Being sedentary and stationary. That is not the path that I choose.

I have no children. So I have no one relying on me. No one waiting for inheritance. Whatever is leftover will go to charities.

This is not the path most people choose. Our society frowns upon it. It is even illegal. My friends will not like my departure. But, my true friends will understand this is who I am, and I’ve never really done what was expected.

I have lived an amazing, fulfilling, fortunate life. I have known and loved incredible people. I have traveled more than most have a chance to. I have no regrets. Well, maybe a few.

There’s no imminent departure planned. Selling this car gives me another year or two, depending how I choose to experience it.

Live your life courageously. Give back to the universe and your neighbors. Be generous with your time, your strength, and your wealth.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Man that's heavy.
Looks like you've thought about it for some time.

I for one appreciate pretty much everything you write here - a real contributor and an obviously switched on gentleman.

Not knowing you personally I don't know what lies behind the decisions you made, but there is always something more that can be done, something more that can be contributed, something more that can be given. It seems you have a good heart, a sound mind.

Do not go gentle into that good night, [...] Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I have also enjoyed your subtle cultural references, even this goodbye with the reference to Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Well done. Your humour will be missed.

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Don,

I am sorry to see you depart us. Your information and insights into the Taycan were extremely useful and helpful. I certainly learned many, many things from your posts.

I wish you the absolute best of luck in whatever direction you choose and hope life brings you only good things. I hope you will stop by and visit us from time to time.

All the very best!!

Toby

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Don,
You will be missed and we aren't sure the 12 V battery issue is fixed.

Rob
Sponsored