New PCM Features for Taycan - Apple Podcasts & Music’s Time-Synced Lyrics for Passenger Display [2021 now equipped with Wireless Apple Carplay]

Grahamtaylor

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Update:

2021 Taycan are now being delivered with Wireless Apple Carplay, per @Raedwald

I collected my MY21 4S yesterday and I can confirm it has wireless CarPlay and it works great!

Original post:

I'm not sure if anyone's seen this but on Wednesday (21st) Porsche highlighted new features coming to the Taycan's PCM courtesy of their ongoing partnership with Apple:

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...atures-apple-podcasts-music-lyrics-22638.html

Am I interpreting this correctly that My2021 Taycan models will come with these features 'baked in' whereby by My2020 models will need to wait for a further software update in January?

If so, whilst I'm speculating, I wonder if this forms part of a broader software deployment planned for January to iron out some of the initial 'kinks' in the PCM system on the 2020 variant?

The same news story can be found here:
https://9to5mac.com/2020/10/21/pors...d-apple-music-time-synced-lyrics-integration/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Since they are waiting until Jan to release the update for current cars, I bet it will be a minor PCM update to squash some bugs. If you are going to do an update, include some fixes. Wish it included wireless apple car play. It bugs me that I really can’t leave the lightning cable running outside of the glove box with the cover closed and not ruin the cable over time. Wish the other USB ports would work for CarPlay as well.

Mr-Propper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera
Country flag
I talked with Porsche experts in Leipzig I am not 100% sure but we have a good change that MJ 2021 supports wireless CarPlay. For MJ 2020 Taycan the wireless function is expected with a big update In Q1 2021 including the other apple software and updates for PCM and passenger display.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
wireless charging + wireless carplay = killer feature - having one with out the other is just frustrating.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
wireless charging + wireless carplay = killer feature - having one with out the other is just frustrating.
Indeed. My i3 has wireless CarPlay, and that compelled me to put a Qi wireless charger into the car. Sadly I can't fix the 'has a wireless charger but no wireless CarPlay' problem in the Taycan as readily.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I missed something. Where is the posting / details of this January PCM update?

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
I also picked up my taycan 2021 yesterday.

No, I still have the services active and I was unable to get Apple Carplay wireless even though my iPhone asked me if I wanted to use Apple carplay without having connected any wires.

Does anyone know how to do?

does anyone know how i can check it is actually a my2021?

In myporsche i can see that... attached

thank you

Porsche Taycan New PCM Features for Taycan - Apple Podcasts & Music’s Time-Synced Lyrics for Passenger Display [2021 now equipped with Wireless Apple Carplay] 9788F984-0DF6-4BE7-B22B-272EAB9E7FF0

Last edited:

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I read the Porsche announcement for 2021 cant find anything about wireless Carplay

are you Sure Raedwald you are talking about Carplay, not apple music?

thanks

Last edited:

Mouse House

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
New Balance 1500 v6
Country flag
I also picked up my taycan 2021 yesterday.

No, I still have the services active and I was unable to get Apple Carplay wireless even though my iPhone asked me if I wanted to use Apple carplay without having connected any wires.

Does anyone know how to do?

does anyone know how i can check it is actually a my2021?

In myporsche i can see that... attached

thank you

9788F984-0DF6-4BE7-B22B-272EAB9E7FF0.jpeg
Try holding down the voice control button on the steering wheel.

miglio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s - Cayenne Coupe Hybrid - Carrera S 992
Country flag
I read the Porsche announcement for 2021 cant find anything about wireless Carplay

are you Sure Raedwald you are talking about Carplay, not apple music?

thanks
I confirm
my new Taycan has wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless charger in armrest
Sponsored