New PCM Features for Taycan - Apple Podcasts & Music’s Time-Synced Lyrics for Passenger Display [2021 now equipped with Wireless Apple Carplay]

Jayjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi Q7 50, BMW 330 cabrio
Country flag
I confirm
my new Taycan has wireless Apple CarPlay and wireless charger in armrest
i wonder why Porsche doesn't mention it anywhere? Are we model 2020 owners getting this for sure? Little bit frustrated at the moment....

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
i wonder why Porsche doesn't mention it anywhere? Are we model 2020 owners getting this for sure? Little bit frustrated at the moment....
Well, it was part of the marketing/sales material so I expect so. My guess (hope) is that it will show up soon especially since the code obviously is ready.

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
I‘m hoping for Wireless Carplay and WiFi hotspot support in North America.
I thought hotspot was not active in US, however when I asked my service person he confirmed that my car has hotspot and told me how to connect. Yep, it worked.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I thought hotspot was not active in US, however when I asked my service person he confirmed that my car has hotspot and told me how to connect. Yep, it worked.
Isn't the question whether the car provides internet service via the hotspot? I have always been able connect to the hotspot, but I never got internet service through it.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Official press release at the link. Unclear how many of these are software upgrades for 2020 models. I guess we will hear in January 2021.

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/10/21/porsche-taycan-collabs-with-apple-podcasts-apple-music-lyrics/
this sounds nice:

Maps on iOS 14 will be able to track the user’s current charge and notice things such as elevation and whether it needs to automatically add charging stops along the customer’s route, noted Stacey Lysic, Apple’s senior director.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
this sounds nice:
Maps on iOS 14 will be able to track the user’s current charge and notice things such as elevation and whether it needs to automatically add charging stops along the customer’s route, noted Stacey Lysic, Apple’s senior director.
I hope Porsche extends PCM to make this data available via CarPlay. I’d definitely like to use Maps over the built in nav but have the Intelligent Range Manager be able to to do it’s thing in concert with Maps data for battery conditioning.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
this sounds nice:
This was announced for BMW and Ford vehicles only at this time.
Sponsored