TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is not mine, but it was done by the shop that I go to for all detailing, ppf, tint, etc. Auto Polishing Center in Waldwick, NJ posted this on their instagram. I saw it in person too and it looks pretty sharp. One of the reasons I went with black is because I wasn't crazy about the contrast of the black vents on the front (it has grown on me now), but I never considered this as an option...

Instagram Post

Some screenshots:
Porsche Taycan Custom Mod: Painted Front Bumper Vents on Taycan Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.37.31 AM

Porsche Taycan Custom Mod: Painted Front Bumper Vents on Taycan Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.37.48 AM

Last edited:

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
This is not mine, but it was done by the shop that I go to for all detailing, ppf, tint, etc. Auto Polishing Center in Waldwick, NJ posted this on their instagram. I saw it in person too and it looks pretty sharp. One of the reasons I went with black is because I wasn't crazy about the contrast of the black vents on the front (it has grown on me now), but I never considered this as an option...

Instagram Post

Some screenshots:
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.37.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.37.48 AM.png
Personally, I think this has ruined the car. One of the key design elements are practically hidden. You want to bring this out not blend it into the bumper (in my opinion at least).

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
Personally, I think this has ruined the car. One of the key design elements are practically hidden. You want to bring this out not blend it into the bumper (in my opinion at least).
I have the same opinion, i don't like it, he deleted the most important taycan's distinctive element

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I do not like that at all. The last photo from the OP looks like it is a Tesla in red.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag

Instagram Post

Some screenshots:
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.37.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.37.48 AM.png
Do you know how did he manage to get the plastic parts painted? PPS? sanded and then primed and then color coded painted?
Although I wouldn't personally do the air vents, I would definitely like to have the front end skirt done to look more like the Turbo's ''mustache''...

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
It's a big thumbs down :no: from me!!

In my view, what they have done to that car is just plain wrong on every level! :oops:

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
There are a few elements that seem interesting:
  • Painted lower side skirts (nice, but I like it less than I thought I would)
  • Painted front air dam insert (I do not like at all, which surprised me)
  • Painted rear diffuser (I do not like it, although if they had kept more contrast with black I may have)
I absolutely agree that the one thing I never wanted to see was the painted front vents. Makes little sense to me, as it is a very distinctive element of the car.

jonze

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Uber
Country flag
I'm not feeling it. But what's up with that plate? Can't be real.

WiTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 75D, Porsche Taycan 4S performance plus
Country flag
Thanks for sharing this. I've got a carmine red one and I'm not sure whether or not I want to paint the lower plastic parts.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Buy a car in beautiful Carmine Red and then proceed to wreck it. I hope it wasn't a Turbo S!

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Don’t know if it’s me / my eyes etc... but the colours don’t even seem to match! All kinds of wrong going on here!

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Truly horrible. You know what they say about money and taste though ;)

OP
OP
TaycanNJ

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Whoa... a lot of rough comments on here. It may not be your style, but it is someone else's personal choice. Personally, I like anything that makes a car unique to the owner, whether I agree with the style or not.
Sponsored