HCPro

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf
Country flag
I wondering if your car's main headlights are always on? It seems to me that they are... no matter if it's sunny outside or at night... when I try to turn them off by holding the parking lights, they turn on again after hitting 25km/h or so...

Aslo, anyone got their mobile charger wifi to connect to their home wifi? I tried for a hour and it just would not connect...tried on the charger and on the web portal via it's hotspot...
Try resetting the mobile charger connect to defaults and run the set up wizard again. Had a customer with the same issue and it was able to connect after that

As for the lights, Porsche has made new models always default to "Auto" lights especially while driving which is a good thing so you won't see them on the road with no lights on at night anymore.

In day you should only see the 4 point DRL on and at night the middle "low beam" comes on creating almost an "X" pattern on each light
Sponsored

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Try resetting the mobile charger connect to defaults and run the set up wizard again. Had a customer with the same issue and it was able to connect after that

As for the lights, Porsche has made new models always default to "Auto" lights especially while driving which is a good thing so you won't see them on the road with no lights on at night anymore.

In day you should only see the 4 point DRL on and at night the middle "low beam" comes on creating almost an "X" pattern on each light
Thanks. I did reset to factory settings and still no joy. Maybe a faulty unit - do I bring it in to test and / exchange for anther? I'll check out the lights again in the daytime and see if the main headlights are on or not.. Thanks.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, 911 Targa 4S, MachE
Country flag
i had no problem connecting to my home wifi a couple of months ago when I set it up.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag

Hi HCPro,

I had dropped off my charger at your shop today to get them to look at it.. they said they updated the firmware, so I hope that fixes the problem.

I'll be picking up the charger later today... would be interesting to see another Taycan to see how the seatbelt should auto tighten as it doesn't on my car...

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I wondering if your car's main headlights are always on? It seems to me that they are... no matter if it's sunny outside or at night... when I try to turn them off by holding the parking lights, they turn on again after hitting 25km/h or so...

Aslo, anyone got their mobile charger wifi to connect to their home wifi? I tried for a hour and it just would not connect...tried on the charger and on the web portal via it's hotspot...
My charger also connected OK. Strange.

My headlights are off during the day, only the array of 4 rectangles are on. At night, if I manually turn off the headlights, they will automatically come back on at the 20-25 km/h or so, as you have described. Probably a safety feature.

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
The seatbelt for my 4s doesn’t auto tighten or tighten at all.

Thedaytime I have the 4 point running daytime running light and at night the 4 point plus the middle light on.

I have a question, can you guys look under your front seats and see if there is a cover? My seats don’t have a cover and the wires under the seat are exposed. Are your seats the same? (I have the 14 way seats) I also have a macan and have a cover (storage) under my front seats.
Thanks

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I figured out the wifi issue with my charger. It apparently doesn’t like WPA2 security. Only works with WPA. Got another router setup and it works. But the strange thing is that my iPhone hotspot didn’t work before too. But it works now, perhaps the firmware update fixed that.

I checked my lights and noticed that the 4 points LED‘s only turn on in the day. Noticed it in the reflection of the car in front of me. I can also tell when the ambient light turns on, the headlights also should be On.

Took the tech out in my car and definitely no seatbelt auto tightened confirmed. He was sure all Taycans should have it. We tried another 4S, and it didn’t have it either. Service advisor will check the VIN’s of both cars and others to see why some have and some don’t. Should be a standard feature. Strange. Anybody else?

I have a plastic cover under my seats. Cannot really see any wiring.

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
This is my seat. It doesn’t seem like it can fit a cover?

Porsche Taycan Canadian Taycans - general discussion. 16E1D734-5956-4126-AD48-EA5D45115A21

OP
OP

Chowster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Ready for winter! Prepped and ceramic coated the wheels last night prior to mounting. Thanks to my team at Porsche Centre Vancouver (@HCPro) for getting me setup for the colder months. I'm very pleased with the look of these 20s on my car.

Definitely need spacers with these wheels! I have 12/10mm spacers on order from ECS, but they didn't arrive in time for the install today.

Porsche Taycan Canadian Taycans - general discussion. 62682242169__C4E8E662-48A2-466C-BEDE-43E12A531539 copy

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ready for winter! Prepped and ceramic coated the wheels last night prior to mounting. Thanks to my team at Porsche Centre Vancouver (@HCPro) for getting me setup for the colder months. I'm very pleased with the look of these 20s on my car.

Definitely need spacers with these wheels! I have 12/10mm spacers on order from ECS, but they didn't arrive in time for the install today.

62682242169__C4E8E662-48A2-466C-BEDE-43E12A531539 copy.jpg
Looks good.

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi guys,

A slim chance, but was wondering if you happen to be at Main Street and terminal around 3pm on Sunday nov 29. My wife was heading westbound on terminal and a careless driver switch lanes and scratched the front driver side of our car.

In this case we don’t have dashcambut are wanting to get it installed. We asked Porsche and they said it will void the warranty.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag

62682242169__C4E8E662-48A2-466C-BEDE-43E12A531539 copy.jpg

Love the wheels

HCPro

First Name
HC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-Golf
Country flag
Hi guys,

A slim chance, but was wondering if you happen to be at Main Street and terminal around 3pm on Sunday nov 29. My wife was heading westbound on terminal and a careless driver switch lanes and scratched the front driver side of our car.

In this case we don’t have dashcambut are wanting to get it installed. We asked Porsche and they said it will void the warranty.

Hi Randy I will send you a PM. Dashcam if installed properly won't void any warranty and we have installers that are experienced with the Taycan.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi guys,

It's quote easy to install yourself... you can do a fuse tap (into a switched on empty slot) on the fuse panel on either side of the footwell and run the wires in the A pillar...
Sponsored