Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
It looks beautiful from the side

It looks beautiful from the rear.

The front is a shoo-in.

I can't remember being so excited for a car, not even the 1st gen Jaguar XF. The XF was a looker in its day, but nothing like this! And add to that the acceleration stats etc., its superb handling and the gorgeous looks and I really would consider this a viable buy - I can't think of a single reason why anyone would buy a Tesla over this, I just can't.

Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 18.02.53.png

Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 18.01.05.png

Screenshot 2019-09-03 at 18.02.53.png
I mean a model 3 performance is half the price?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I mean a model 3 performance is half the price?
The Taycan will be twice as good looking, and considerably shorter and more athletic looking.

That alone is enough reason to pay twice as much money.

Throw in the sporty handling/Nurburgring time and you have even more reason to pay twice the money

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535 and Audi Q7
Country flag
Just completely different classes of cars. One is a mass market plain, athletic car. The other is a luxury car that should be the best handling EV to date. There is a lot more to a car than just range and price unless you are just looking for a people mover.

Not only does the model 3 look very awkward and the Taycan is shaping up to be the best looking 4 door on the road, but the inside of the car will be night and day. I can understand liking a minimalist interior, but that doesn’t make up for the cheapness of the materials versus the Taycan. And that is not a shot at the Model 3, but a reason why the Taycan is worth much more to certain people that value the benefits of a luxury car. The Model S doesn’t even compare for a similar price. I also expect build quality outside of materials to be much better on the Taycan. I also expect it to have less road noise than a Tesla which is a notable issue it has. The inside and exterior of the 3 put it out of consideration for me.

I’m still considering the S and Taycan, but a couple of other things scare me off from the S. Service being one of them. I’ve been on the Tesla forums for some time as I compare and that is a real concern. And there are certain things I want on my car that are just not available on a Tesla but will be available for the Taycan such as a HUD, CarPlay, better seats, etc.

Last edited:

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
Just completely different classes of cars. One is a mass market plain, athletic car. The other is a luxury car that should be the best handling EV to date. There is a lot more to a car than just range and price unless you are just looking for a people mover.

Not only does the model 3 look very awkward and the Taycan is shaping up to be the best looking 4 door on the road, but the inside of the car will be night and day. I can understand liking a minimalist interior, but that doesn’t make up for the cheapness of the materials versus the Taycan. And that is not a shot at the Model 3, but a reason why the Taycan is worth much more to certain people that value the benefits of a luxury car. The Model S doesn’t even compare for a similar price. I also expect build quality outside of materials to be much better on the Taycan. I also expect it to have less road noise than a Tesla which is a notable issue it has. The inside and exterior of the 3 put it out of consideration for me.

I’m still considering the S and Taycan, but a couple of other things scare me off from the S. Service being one of them. I’ve been on the Tesla forums for some time as I compare and that is a real concern. And there are certain things I want on my car that are just not available on a Tesla but will be available for the Taycan such as a HUD, CarPlay, better seats, etc.

Doran, people go on forums to vent/complain. I have owned a Tesla Model S a P90D and presently a Model 3 Performance and have had almost no problems...and, when I did have a problem, they fixed it immediately with a loaner. This is why Tesla has the highest rated satisfaction of any car manufacturer. You know who is 2nd, Porsche. I have a Taycan reservation and will own one, but I gotta tell you, Tesla is pretty awesome.

Doran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 535 and Audi Q7
Country flag
Don’t get me wrong, I love the S and ironically what led me to the Taycan. I’ve driven the S multiple times and I’m a convert. But I’m willing to sacrifice some range and 0-60 for a few amenities that the Tesla doesn’t offer if I’m impressed after the Taycan details fully come out. We will see. My response was tailored to why I and others would choose the Taycan over the 3. People value different things, and the dollar value of those advantages also varies by person.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Another member posted link to video on Porsche website.

Porsche deleted video.

I captured the video from site.

I Uploaded it to youtube.

And I guess you got a call to take it down or no Taycan for you....... :)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doran, people go on forums to vent/complain. I have owned a Tesla Model S a P90D and presently a Model 3 Performance and have had almost no problems...and, when I did have a problem, they fixed it immediately with a loaner. This is why Tesla has the highest rated satisfaction of any car manufacturer. You know who is 2nd, Porsche. I have a Taycan reservation and will own one, but I gotta tell you, Tesla is pretty awesome.
The Model 3 is my default recommendation for anyone not planning to spend 911 money. They are pretty awesome.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
The Model 3 is my default recommendation for anyone not planning to spend 911 money. They are pretty awesome.
I have a Model 3 Performance and it is a wonderful car but as someone said just above. It’s a different category of car. It’s like comparing apples to oranges..... or a really superb consumer car like the new Toyota Supra to the new 911 performance-wise they are similar in a lot of respects, certainly not all but in allure and prestige and ultimate handèlent not really. So Porsche is a Porsche and Tesla is a lot of things but Porsche is still a Porsche. And that’s why we are on this forum at alll hours of the day just WAITING for the final moment of the reveal. :)