Employee #1 at SpaceX (where Musk is CEO), retires and drives away in a Taycan.

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
What an ugly statement. :CWL:

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it’s beautiful. Musk + Dieselgate = Taycan + Electrify America. It took Apple to start smart phones and Tesla to start cool electric cars. But once it’s started, anyone can play, and Porsche built one hell of a car.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Porsche built one hell of a car
now all they need is a reliable charging network in North America (and other parts of the world but I'll never visit with my Taycan).

OP
OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it’s beautiful. Musk + Dieselgate = Taycan + Electrify America. It took Apple to start smart phones and Tesla to start cool electric cars. But once it’s started, anyone can play, and Porsche built one hell of a car.
Many consider IBM's Simon Personal Communicator as the first smartphone in 1992, selling 50k units in the first 6 months.

The SPC was equipped with a touch screen as well as the ability to send and receive both emails and faxes. It had a calendar, address book, and a native appointment scheduler. It even featured standard and predictive stylus input screen keyboards! These features were different and advanced enough to deem it worthy of the title “World’s First Smartphone.”
Obviously, Apple was able to take it several levels beyond as the underlying tech advanced.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Absolutely on Apple. They did nothing new, they simply combined existing elements. I had a Newton long before the iPhone came out and was using a Palm Pilot when it did. I didn’t switch to iPhone until they put in a global search function because I used the Pilot for storing and retrieving data, something the consumer-based iPhone did not excel at to begin with.

Apple was never first with any one thing. Jobs was a salesman and visionary, like Musk.

But Jobs and Musk triggered huge changes in the consumer market.

As for Electrify America, it’s developed quickly in California, land of the EV. It has a long way to go, but even in its imperfect early state it’s allowing the spread of EVs. Eventually we’ll see the tech spread wide enough for cheaper EVs to be practical in urban areas, with universal chargers next to many parking spaces.

Now if California can just get around to insulating it’s transmission lines properly...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
What an ugly statement. :CWL:
No, not necessarily.

It might just show the guy loves EV's and is open minded enough to appreciate vehicles from multiple manufacturers. Very possibly he also has a Tesla in the garage... (Some of us do as well...)

Just because you own a car from one manufacturer doesn't mean the all rest are $hit.

Maybe some of us could learn from that...

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hah! California properly taking care of infrastructure when we have a non-bullet train to build? Never happen.
It’ll happen. Hard, cold reality wins in the end. The only question is how bad things will have to get first. Maybe they’ll run the electrical cables down the non-bullet train track. ;)

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
I've had two Teslas (and loved them), and I am retiringly latest one for a Taycan Turbo S in the same color as yours! Cool!
Sponsored