Your thoughts on the RWD Taycan coming 2021?

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm curious. Why would anyone prefer a RWD car ? The slightest bit of damp on the road and they are lairy in corners, and rubbish from a standing start. All joking aside, whilst drifting is good fun. It's not a practical way of daily driving. So why do people love them so much? Personally I like a very quick sure-footed car that feels nice in the corners without being dangerous or f**king my tyres going side ways.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Why would a Taycan RWD perform worse than let's say a Cayman - which is way lighter? And they are also used as DD.

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To be fair I did say rain and damp conditions. Ask a BMW M3 or M2 driver what there cars are like in the wet weather. They are a proper handful.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Isn't the car full of assisting safety features? The cars are tested in the heaviest winter conditions before they hit the market.

I just want to find out whether it is a suitable car for us. So I am very thankful for all your opinions and insight. :)

RobboWWFC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Isn't the car full of assisting safety features? The cars are tested in the heaviest winter conditions before they hit the market.

I just want to find out whether it is a suitable car for us. So I am very thankful for all your opinions and insight. :)
Listen, I am no way a brilliant driver. Like I said previously on this thread. I like very fast and easy & very stable cornering characteristics from my cars. I can't think of anything worse than fighting with the steering in corners or wheelspinning at every standing start every time is raining or damp. I want a very easy life out of a DD, not drama! ?

The car does have plenty of stability systems, and the you are right they are tested a lot in winter conditions. Just remember they also are tested by VERY experienced amazing drivers.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
Valid point. :)

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
To our Chinese fellas: Is the RWD model on the streets already? Are there any reports, reviews etc. on the Chinese Interwebs? :giggle:

Daniel.ch

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boxster,macan,taycan
Country flag
hi, i am chines , watch already the news, Porsche don't delivery any ,you can only place order and wait

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
To the above, the RWD Taycan will be absolutely fine in the rain. Period. You can already put a 4S into Sport Plus, turn traction to sport, and mess around in the rain without the car moving torque to the front wheels. BMW built a brand on the back end slipping out as easily as possible, that's why their cars can "struggle" in the rain.

If anything the RWD might allow a little more intentional playfulness.

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
hi, i am chines , watch already the news, Porsche don't delivery any ,you can only place order and wait
Thanks, keep us updated please. :)

To the above, the RWD Taycan will be absolutely fine in the rain. Period. You can already put a 4S into Sport Plus, turn traction to sport, and mess around in the rain without the car moving torque to the front wheels. BMW built a brand on the back end slipping out as easily as possible, that's why their cars can "struggle" in the rain.

If anything the RWD might allow a little more intentional playfulness.
That is good to hear. As a family car I just want to make sure that we don't face any trouble in our mild winters in the German south. :) But at the same time there are lots of BMWs on the streets without AWD as you stated as well.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
What do you think, how much do you feel the "lack of acceleration" compared to the 4S AWD? I struggle to imagine it. The numbers are similar to my '19 Macan S but I guess that RWD AND EV must feel different. :)
In regular traffic, the RWD will still have more than enough acceleration, and compare to ICE it is instant, which is a huge difference. That is the major reason I drive EVs only.
Sponsored

Last edited: