Brand New Taycan... but can't connect to PCM, Anybody else had this?

SusieShoes

First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I took delivery of my new Taycan 4S 12 days ago and have been unable to login to the PCM, so cannot save anything and am stuck on guest user!
The Porsche centre have been unable to help so far and have logged it with Germany, has anybody else had this problem with a brand new car and any ideas how to resolve it?
This is very frustrating as this is my first Porsche and I love driving it, but I just wish I could get the whole experience now.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Quite a lot of people have had this issue at the beginning of their ownership. Lots of different approaches, with no confidence that any of them really impacted the result.

In my case, I drove around to stores on errands, checking to try to login at each point. Eventually it just started working. Ironically, it did so at my house, where it didn't work before. No rhyme or reason that I could discern.

OP
OP
SusieShoes

SusieShoes

First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Quite a lot of people have had this issue at the beginning of their ownership. Lots of different approaches, with no confidence that any of them really impacted the result.

In my case, I drove around to stores on errands, checking to try to login at each point. Eventually it just started working. Ironically, it did so at my house, where it didn't work before. No rhyme or reason that I could discern.
Thanks I've tried that initially but on the Konnect app the remote access authorisation is deactivated so I think Porsche Germany need to reactivate it first which they are doing very slowly :swear:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
It takes the shine off a bit doesn't it :(
I had the same problem. It didn't really bother me. Let's be honest, the connect app is very slow, sometimes does not work at all, and has almost no functions.

After trying for over a week, I suddenly got this screen:

Porsche Taycan Brand New Taycan... but can't connect to PCM, Anybody else had this? 1607479727953

Took me another few days to figure out, what I had to do on the MyPorsche website.

Typing the username and password over and over again is a bit annoying, but one day it suddenly all worked - well until new problems arise.

GinnytheGreat

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo s
Country flag
I took delivery of my new Taycan 4S 12 days ago and have been unable to login to the PCM, so cannot save anything and am stuck on guest user!
The Porsche centre have been unable to help so far and have logged it with Germany, has anybody else had this problem with a brand new car and any ideas how to resolve it?
This is very frustrating as this is my first Porsche and I love driving it, but I just wish I could get the whole experience now.
Yes! Same thing with me. Had the Taycan Turbo S for about 3 weeks. I downloaded the My Porsche app and it clearly did not allow me to access certain vehicle services: location of vehicle, alarms, etc. This weekend, dealer says to download another app...today they tell me that Germany says the My Porsche App is the one to use and they recognize there are problems and they are working on it and some cars start working about 3-4 months later. VERY DISAPPOINTING

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Same here, dealer got me to signup and then when I collected the car he talked me through the activation which worked, however since then the app doesn't allow me to do anything. I was able to flash the lights at the dealership on the day.

It amazes me how poor the system is as on the RR it works brilliantly.

Duc959

First Name
FR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
share.octopus.energy
Vehicles
RR Vogue Autobiography, Ducati Panigale V2
Country flag
Same here, dealer got me to signup and then when I collected the car he talked me through the activation which worked, however since then the app doesn't allow me to do anything. I was able to flash the lights at the dealership on the day.

It amazes me how poor the system is as on the RR it works brilliantly.
Just tried the app again and I am able to lock/unlock the car. You could try via my porsche online.

guarlian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
go to closest porsche center and apply for porsche connect id(give the apaper work wht they want)ownership VIN number bla blaa) afew days later you will get a mail from porsche .click mail that mail contains 3 steps to complete your porsche connect dedicated to your vehicle.after completing it you have a porsche connect id and password.go to your car (open field )log in as a guest then click account button at right top side choose log in with new user .enter your id and pass and valaaaa...if you try to log in with your porsche id first enter the car its bugging becouse car not opening the signal of esim so you cannot connect to porsche server but if you log in with guest and activate pcm then you can log with your main account.you only need to do this 1 time after that car always log in with main account.

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
My profile is activated and works, but when I try to add a second user, the Connect web site fails to activate the user after they have accepted the invite. Doesn’t return a visible error, just doesn’t work.

Had a ticket open for a week, they just told me it was fixed, except it isn’t...

OP
OP
SusieShoes

SusieShoes

First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My profile is activated and works, but when I try to add a second user, the Connect web site fails to activate the user after they have accepted the invite. Doesn’t return a visible error, just doesn’t work.

Had a ticket open for a week, they just told me it was fixed, except it isn’t...
So frustrating, and what is the dealer doing about it now?

OP
OP
SusieShoes

SusieShoes

First Name
Susie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
go to closest porsche center and apply for porsche connect id(give the apaper work wht they want)ownership VIN number bla blaa) afew days later you will get a mail from porsche .click mail that mail contains 3 steps to complete your porsche connect dedicated to your vehicle.after completing it you have a porsche connect id and password.go to your car (open field )log in as a guest then click account button at right top side choose log in with new user .enter your id and pass and valaaaa...if you try to log in with your porsche id first enter the car its bugging becouse car not opening the signal of esim so you cannot connect to porsche server but if you log in with guest and activate pcm then you can log with your main account.you only need to do this 1 time after that car always log in with main account.
I already have my Porsche connect id that doesn't work, are you saying to get a new one? Or persevere with the old one and follow the above steps?

guarlian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
I already have my Porsche connect id that doesn't work, are you saying to get a new one? Or persevere with the old one and follow the above steps?
if you have your id and pass already skip that step.when you go to your car first log in as a guest.at main menu top right corner you will see account name as a GUEST.click that and choose log in as a difrent account or user.then enter your id and password.

guarlian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo s
Country flag
wht im saying is dont try to enter your connect id and pass when you first go to car.you need to activated Esim signal of pcm .you can do that by loging as a guest.when you see lte on screen go accounts and loging with your main account
Sponsored