OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you mind providing the build date of your Taycan(s) and if they have already received the latest software updates that update control modules?
The build was finished on 3/12/2020. It arrived into the US on 4/14/2020
Sponsored

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
Today I noticed my car only charged to 211 miles after charging all night, when I usually get 258. When I start driving, the numbers started going up, one at a time. Then, after about 1/4 mile, the car slammed on the breaks and showed MotorControl error and System Error in red and something was clicking for about a minute in the back of the car. It was totally dead and I was stuck in the middle of the road. I turned it off and on and was able to go another 1/8 mile and it happened again.
it’s at dealership now. This car had a faulty strut the day I got it. I absolutely love the Taycan to drive, but this is scary. Has anyone else had these issues?

98CDB6A2-234C-45DF-BE27-FE402A0EEDAA.jpeg
My husband called the Porsche dealership in Grapevine TX today. He spoke to a Porsche master technician who said he has seen this problem twice. It has to do with the reserve battery & Porsche has issued a fix regarding this problem. Don’t know whether your car is repaired or not but wanted to pass along this information hoping it might help you. FYI - My Taycan is getting a new high voltage power line (which I believe is a recall item). We were told that has nothing to do with motor control error.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My husband called the Porsche dealership in Grapevine TX today. He spoke to a Porsche master technician who said he has seen this problem twice. It has to do with the reserve battery & Porsche has issued a fix regarding this problem. Don’t know whether your car is repaired or not but wanted to pass along this information hoping it might help you. FYI - My Taycan is getting a new high voltage power line (which I believe is a recall item). We were told that has nothing to do with motor control error.
Thank you. I’ll give Marin Porsche this information. They’ve had my car for a week with no answers and no loaner.
this information is helpful.

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
Thank you. I’ll give Marin Porsche this information. They’ve had my car for a week with no answers and no loaner.
this information is helpful.
I got my car back today. Replacing the high voltage power line (which is a recall issue) supposedly took care of problem. Fingers crossed. Good luck with your car.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got my car back today. Replacing the high voltage power line (which is a recall issue) supposedly took care of problem. Fingers crossed. Good luck with your car.
They’ve had it 10 days with no loaner and no answers. Please let me know if this doesn’t fix the issue! Thanks!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
3 days and no answers. Scary.
I can imagine this is frustrating and annoying. But I wouldn’t get worried just yet. This is a new car, not many techs have experience, and diagnostics may not be done at the dealer level. So it may take time. I know for a bunch of basic updates due to tool issues and having to check with Corporate it took 3 days.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can imagine this is frustrating and annoying. But I wouldn’t get worried just yet. This is a new car, not many techs have experience, and diagnostics may not be done at the dealer level. So it may take time. I know for a bunch of basic updates due to tool issues and having to check with Corporate it took 3 days.
Thank you. It’s been 11 days now and no answers.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
They have had your car for 11 days with no loaner.. mmm time to start threatening the lemon law and raising this up to corporate.. its way too expensive of a car for this type of response.
I agree. It makes me sad because I’ve never loved driving a car as much is this. But it sits dead at the dealership. Wonder if the 2021 is better. I assume they’ve improved some things.

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
I had gotten a postcard from Porsche a couple of months ago regarding recalls - one of them being high voltage line. Mine was replaced at dealership and supposedly should have remedied the motor control error message. Did you get a postcard about the recalls?

Wendal

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4s
Country flag
They have had your car for 11 days with no loaner.. mmm time to start threatening the lemon law and raising this up to corporate.. its way too expensive of a car for this type of response.
This. Even if they had your car for just 1 day they should get you a loaner. I don’t believe in paying a premium and they tell me that they don’t have a loaner for me. They can just rent a car to loan you. Basic customer service.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This. Even if they had your car for just 1 day they should get you a loaner. I don’t believe in paying a premium and they tell me that they don’t have a loaner for me. They can just rent a car to loan you. Basic customer service.
Totally agree! Monday they’ll have the car 14 days and no loaner.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I had gotten a postcard from Porsche a couple of months ago regarding recalls - one of them being high voltage line. Mine was replaced at dealership and supposedly should have remedied the motor control error message. Did you get a postcard about the recalls?
I didn’t get a postcard. Interesting. My car came with a faulty strut, so it’s been in the shop a lot(because they told me there was nothing wrong with that loud banging sound when I went over bumps)
I’ll ask about this High Voltage Line. Seems the dealership should also know that. Thanks!

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
I‘m sorry you’re having car trouble. This is our 13th Porsche and they’ve all been flawless. I’m hopeful for you. Keep pushing!

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I‘m sorry you’re having car trouble. This is our 13th Porsche and they’ve all been flawless. I’m hopeful for you. Keep pushing!
If they can’t fix this one, I want to get another. It’s an amazing car when it works! Drives like a dream!
Sponsored