Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why yes, I do have vehicles, thanks for asking
Country flag
Disappointing......but as expected.
Same.
I see some of the angles on the white model and I think "looks pretty good" but then I see the angles from the side and think "why am I going to spend $185k on a sporty station wagon?
I dunno, reminds me of a Porsche version of my mom's old 1980's Pontiac station wagon...

I mean, I've spent the last year preparing myself to be disappointed.... and for $185k? I'll just spend $15k more and get the Tesla Roadster which destroys the Taycan in aesthetics and specs (minus their charge time from charge stations that don't even exist... so... can't really say charge times are any better than Tesla).

Oh well, life goes on without the Taycan, just like the 42 years I've lived so far :)

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The minimum spec seems to be like $155k. It forces you to select glass roof and some other “options”. Insane.
they haven’t announced the 4S model, which will be significantly less, but possibly not available until next year. Money is just buying time here. The tech is improving very quickly, and prices will come down pretty fast. Audi, Mercedes and Tesla are all going to compete in this space. There will be a revised Model S eventually, to say nothing about the 2020 roadster.

part of what you’re seeing now is a lot of pent up market demand driving prices. Give it some time, and you’ll see much more attractive prices.

ps this model is as fast as a GT2RS at 1/2 to 2/3 the price. Not the same, obviously, but a different reference point for pricing. The 4S model will be much more 911 normal

Last edited:

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When more than their entire original production run had a deposit sight unseen, you had to expect Porsche would prioritize the higher priced trims and charge as much as they think the market will bear. The 4S will be more reasonably priced, and there will be more competition driving down prices in a couple years. It’s unfortunate they don’t appear to have the production capacity for the 4S right now, but hopefully that changes quickly. They aren’t going to sell the entire production run at $200K, so hopefully an announcement before next year.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Very happy I placed a deposit on the Taycan one year ago. The one on display was the Turbo S. When will all specs and pricing for all models be released?

Denny
lsr911
CNBC says that the Taycan Turbo starts at USD $150,900, and the Taycan Turbo S starts at $185k. These are evidently the only two versions to be released to start with. At those prices, the Taycan will be extremely rare on the streets of the US -- about as rare as the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid is...

Snake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e, MB S 63 Coupe AMG, MB CLS 63 AMG, Audi R8, BMW 330i, Audi TTS, VW Golf
Country flag
Same here in Germany.

There are some things in the configurator that are just cheeky. such as 380 € for a leather board (the leather thing for the manual) or over 1000 € for the charging cable so you can load it at home ....

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan World Reveal. Watch Live Feed and React Here 7D14056A-3DA9-41AD-BC46-36DE6140D14E

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I hope this pricing is incorrect because rest in fucking piece if this thing is 185k euro, $200k+ Dollars.
I’ll wait and see, but I did have a feeling.
It makes sense. It's a Porsche. Definitely the price we expected them to hit. I configured, and the Turbo (not the "S") hit $200K before I stopped.

Snake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e, MB S 63 Coupe AMG, MB CLS 63 AMG, Audi R8, BMW 330i, Audi TTS, VW Golf
Country flag
Missing Headup Display and induction charging for phone.

charge at Home online 11kW :-(

No Wallbox Solution and no Induction charging for Car.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
LOVE IT :clap:

I think they got it close enough to the concept!

screen-shot-2019-09-04-at-6-29-11-am-png.png

2019-Porsche-Taycan-Performance-Reveal-Render-Sedan-Self-Driving.jpg
The funny thing is that they managed to preserve many of the details (minus the suicide doors), but the basic proportions (i.e., height of the greenhouse, windshield rake, roofline) are more miniature Panamera than Mission E. Great looking car, but no Mission E.

Reactions: Ron

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I like how the car looks. I'm also quite happy about the specs. Range is enough for me.

But... the price. It is very high. I played around with the configurator and checked local prices (Finland) and what I got with options to my liking was 194k€ for the Turbo and 218k€ for the Turbo S.

I'm REALLY not sure if I can justify that in any way. I think this is a very tough decision for many deposit holders. We all know the value of the car will likely go massively downhill in the near future as well, so it is quite a tough call.

To be honest I'm considering waiting for the 4S price & specs (which I heard will be announced in 1 month) and decide then what to do. Based on initial reactions I'm not really worried about people jumping to order tens of thousands of these any time soon either, so why hurry?

Lots of thinking to do, going to Frankfurt to see the car soon. So conflicted about this as I like the car but was surprised that the price was so high. Also a bit disappointed the 4S wasn't in the launch, as that makes it even more difficult now.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You bet
Country flag
I like how the car looks. I'm also quite happy about the specs. Range is enough for me.

But... the price. It is very high. I played around with the configurator and checked local prices (Finland) and what I got with options to my liking was 194k€ for the Turbo and 218k€ for the Turbo S.

I'm REALLY not sure if I can justify that in any way. I think this is a very tough decision for many deposit holders. We all know the value of the car will likely go massively downhill in the near future as well, so it is quite a tough call.

To be honest I'm considering waiting for the 4S price & specs (which I heard will be announced in 1 month) and decide then what to do. Based on initial reactions I'm not really worried about people jumping to order tens of thousands of these any time soon either, so why hurry?

Lots of thinking to do, going to Frankfurt to see the car soon. So conflicted about this as I like the car but was surprised that the price was so high. Also a bit disappointed the 4S wasn't in the launch, as that makes it even more difficult now.
Not tough at all to me. It’s a no buy.

This is coming from a household with no kids and free money to spend on a car like this. Just not some electric sedan.
I simply don’t see the value. I can’t help but feel this would be a complete waste of money.

I am not at all making any one else decision - if you feel this a good buy for you, then by all means no hate from me. Enjoy your car.

I am completely fine buying a limited or exclusive $200k if I perceive the values to be there...
But some sedan with no limit on production and what I feel will not hold its value?
I guess I’m just not wealthy enough to afford some commuter like this and the lesser trims of this car will not be to my performance expectations.

I’m disappointed I’ve waited this long, but my wife want a car that makes “vroom vroom” sounds anyways haha!
Sponsored