2021 Taycans being delivered this year (Dec 2020)?

OP
OP

neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S with Mission E Wheels and PCCB breaks
Country flag
My guess is that some arrival dates are due to configuration choices. I was told my mid October Turbo S order would be moved from a January delivery to a February 12 delivery if I wanted the lightstrip with "PORSCHE" in black.
Makes sense. I tuned my 4s all the way over 155k so I am hoping I didnt select the wrong option!
Sponsored

str8tner

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'97 Boxster, BMW 3 , Lexus RX 350
Country flag
My guess is that some arrival dates are due to configuration choices. I was told my mid October Turbo S order would be moved from a January delivery to a February 12 delivery if I wanted the lightstrip with "PORSCHE" in black.
Per my Porsche salesman, my 2021 4S is due for delivery "around Christmas" .

OP
OP

neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
New Hampshire. Looking forward to driving in the snow. It comes with all-season tires, that might be a mistake.
ya that is going to be awesome. Some of these videos on youtube of guys in the snow seem pretty amazing.

paxton

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 2021 on a boat right now with an ETA to the port of Benicia around Xmas. Not sure it will make it to my dealer before the end of the year.

str8tner

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'97 Boxster, BMW 3 , Lexus RX 350
Country flag
New Hampshire. Looking forward to driving in the snow. It comes with all-season tires, that might be a mistake.
ya that is going to be awesome. Some of these videos on youtube of guys in the snow seem pretty amazing.
I'm not them but I'll find a nice, safe spot and give it a go, and another and another.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Noted in other “waiting room” thread. My 2021 Neptune Blue arrived to dealer today and should be delivered next week

OP
OP

neilp1

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Noted in other “waiting room” thread. My 2021 Neptune Blue arrived to dealer today and should be delivered next week
That is awesome. So you will be picking up your 21 this year! Here is to hoping I will be as lucky.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
That is awesome. So you will be picking up your 21 this year! Here is to hoping I will be as lucky.
I saw for myself yesterday a 2021 at the dealership here in the US. Guess they are delivering 2021’s in 2020. Now what happens to those of us with a start date after the national German lockdown?

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
My 2021 4S is sitting on the dealer floor (locked and labelled as sold). I’m waiting week 1 of 2021 to officially register it, making it a ”2021 car”. Most people do this over here. That way when you sell it say in 2024 it’s ”3 years old” instead of ”4 years old”.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I don’t understand that. The Model year is determined by the manufacturer not when you take delivery...at least in the US

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
I don’t understand that. The Model year is determined by the manufacturer not when you take delivery...at least in the US
I fully understand, but over here the year of registration is considered as most important. Thete's a case to be made for both. Anyways, been driving by the dealer showroom several times to see my car. Monday Jan 4th I'm registering the car and hope to pick it us asap aftdr that. :)

ethen

First Name
Ethen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
arrival dates got delayed for me... from late jan to now mid march...
if it wasn't covid lockdowns i'd have to cancel the order and get another car (remorse level 40% at this moment)
Sponsored