Motor Control Error and System error

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
I didn’t get a postcard. Interesting. My car came with a faulty strut, so it’s been in the shop a lot(because they told me there was nothing wrong with that loud banging sound when I went over bumps)
I’ll ask about this High Voltage Line. Seems the dealership should also know that. Thanks!
Did your car get fixed?

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
Fingers crossed for you. My car's been running fine. Hope yours will too.

OP
OP

SPG Turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It just makes me nervous. I’m afraid to drive it. They’re answer has no detail. Why should this solve this issue?
Are they paying their e-mail service by the character?
We are repeatedly getting charging error messages, usually when the car is about 80 to 85% charged. I had the electricians who installed the Porsche connect charging dock come and examine the wiring, and he found no problems. It is fully grounded, so whatever charging errors due to alleged ground faults appear to be erroneous.

Today I swapped out the pill for a new one at the dealer. All seem to be going well, and then I got the same charging error once again.

I’m really not sure where to turn at this point. In one sense, I guess I can live with it, if I just keep going outside and down to the garage and unplugging the pill and rebooting it, as that seems to get it working again — at least temporarily. But obviously this is a long way from satisfactory.

D8464474-CDDD-481F-A958-D9D9A2D85963.png

63A7350F-7FA0-494C-9D52-9B51AD385D9E.png

EA986815-545F-48D1-A0EC-D729382C663C.png
I’m hearing there’s a recall with the battery relearning phase. Ask your dealership.

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I agree. It makes me sad because I’ve never loved driving a car as much is this. But it sits dead at the dealership. Wonder if the 2021 is better. I assume they’ve improved some things.
I have the 2021 Taycan 4S and I just got the error message this evening! My car stopped on the freeway (luckily it wasnt rush hour). I'll be taking it in tomorrow morning! I have only had this car 2 weeks.

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
I have the 2021 Taycan 4S and I just got the error message this evening! My car stopped on the freeway (luckily it wasnt rush hour). I'll be taking it in tomorrow morning! I have only had this car 2 weeks.
My high voltage battery cable was replaced & I’ve not had a problem since.

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My high voltage battery cable was replaced & I’ve not had a problem since.
Thank you! I will talk to my dealer about that! They just called me and said it was an "Old" error message that wasn't cleared! They are test driving the car now. I will let them know and have them check that as well.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Thank you! I will talk to my dealer about that! They just called me and said it was an "Old" error message that wasn't cleared! They are test driving the car now. I will let them know and have them check that as well.
Curious if the cable is what they did for you. I’ve had my car since October and no real problems. Today as I’m turning to get on the freeway i get this error message and my car slows to a stop. Fortunately, in the middle of the street, I turned it off and back on and it was fine. I took to the dealer and after inspection they said “it’s just a glitch, shouldn’t happen again”.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Curious if the cable is what they did for you. I’ve had my car since October and no real problems. Today as I’m turning to get on the freeway i get this error message and my car slows to a stop. Fortunately, in the middle of the street, I turned it off and back on and it was fine. I took to the dealer and after inspection they said “it’s just a glitch, shouldn’t happen again”.
Please report it online to NHTSA.
There is a big thread about this issue here https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/i-lost-all-power-in-the-outside-lane.2950/post-69487

It is alleged it is a new bug introduced by the latest software update and it has happened more than once to some owners. You should not accept your car back until it is properly diagnosed and fixed. Push the dealer to contact Porsche for what to do and put in writing the car is safe to drive.

Reactions: Rex

Iben

First Name
Jean-Are
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S (2020 mod.)
Country flag
I have hard about this issue on other car brands after new software updates.
The main battery needs to re-calibrate (something with its own firmware).
This process takes around 14 days, because of just a few mA pr. hour.

Rex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan, 911 Turbo
R
I agree with post. Report your problem to NHTSA. Porsche needs to get this problem fixed ASAP. It’s dangerous & happening too often.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
R

I agree with post. Report your problem to NHTSA. Porsche needs to get this problem fixed ASAP. It’s dangerous & happening too often.
For all that have had it, does it recur? I have seen a few say that it has. Mine did it once and hasn’t again.
Sponsored