Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Looks good - I have a Taycan Turbo in Mamba Green on order and am struggling finding better wheels (I didn't like any of the Porsche options). How much did these cost? How's the weight vs stock?

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Looks good - I have a Taycan Turbo in Mamba Green on order and am struggling finding better wheels (I didn't like any of the Porsche options). How much did these cost? How's the weight vs stock?
Same boat. I took delivery earlier last year but same problem - didn't like any of the factory options. I went with the default for the Turbo and will repurpose them for winters after I find a set to use for summer setup.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Are they really center-locking or center-locking imitation center caps .......
Either is fine for me looks great! If caps then I hope to do the same on my Rotiform wheels when they arrive. :cool:

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
From a little online sleuthing, it seems they are regular wheels with centerlock caps.
That's disappointing. I don't like cosmetic things that are made to look like a performance thing. I see you can get a centerlock adapter but I can't say I'd be super comfortable on the track with that. I'm hoping Taycan has centerlock as an option by the time I order the next one :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
That's disappointing. I don't like cosmetic things that are made to look like a performance thing. I see you can get a centerlock adapter but I can't say I'd be super comfortable on the track with that. I'm hoping Taycan has centerlock as an option by the time I order the next one :)
Well, I asked Porsche about center locking hubs and they said it would be very unlikely since the Taycan is really not meant for the Track as such........

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Well, I asked Porsche about center locking hubs and they said it would be very unlikely since the Taycan is really not meant for the Track as such........
Noooo!!!! That was probably one of the biggest wish items I’ve got for the next iteration.

guess2098

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan GTS, 23 EQS580 SUV
Country flag