Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 912, 1995 911, 2000 911, 2001 Boxster, 2002 911 4S, 2014 TurboS, 2015 Huracan, TTS ordered
Country flag
Well, my Huracan has been my pride and joy in my collection. Always loved driving it during the summers here. Well, we had a nice day here in the pacific northwest so after running errands in the Taycan, I decided to grab lunch and took a spin in the Huracan....I must say, the Thrill is gone....I have gotten so used to instant torque that the Lambo was just not as fun as it used to be...the sound was still great and I loved the experience on the on ramp but Taycan has set such high standards. I am thoroughly confused now on what I like. Will have to see what happens this summer. Has anyone else had this experience. The taycan is just such a refined performance machine. Here is a pic of the cars side by side.
Porsche Taycan I took my Huracan out after 2 months....I missed the Taycan PXL_20210118_212013826 - Copy
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Well, my Huracan has been my pride and joy in my collection. Always loved driving it during the summers here. Well, we had a nice day here in the pacific northwest so after running errands in the Taycan, I decided to grab lunch and took a spin in the Huracan....I must say, the Thrill is gone....I have gotten so used to instant torque that the Lambo was just not as fun as it used to be...the sound was still great and I loved the experience on the on ramp but Taycan has set such high standards. I am thoroughly confused now on what I like. Will have to see what happens this summer. Has anyone else had this experience. The taycan is just such a refined performance machine. Here is a pic of the cars side by side.
PXL_20210118_212013826 - Copy.jpg
@Lowpue Love your Lambo color.
I took my 2008 6 speed manual 911 C4S out a few weeks ago after not driving it for three weeks. It actually felt slow compared to my Taycan 4S. Crazy.
Different driving experience each with pluses and minuses.
We are fortunate to have such dilemmas.

OP
OP
Lowpue

Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 912, 1995 911, 2000 911, 2001 Boxster, 2002 911 4S, 2014 TurboS, 2015 Huracan, TTS ordered
Country flag
We are absolutely fortunate to have those problems! ?

Thanks for the kind words BTW.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Love the color of your Lambo first and foremost. I know what you mean, honestly McLaren and the R8 feel “slow” compared to the TTS. BUT I can still feel the weight of the car when I push it. For all its magic those other cars still feel more “nimble” around turns. So maybe throw around the Lambo a bit when its warmer and the tires can stick then compare...

jasonlaser

First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'76 Porsche 914, '21 Taycan 4S Carmine Red ordered
Country flag
Nice!!! This is what I call 1st world problems.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Once you go EV you can’t go back…I find my GT3 tolerable after EV’s - but it serves it’s purpose as a track toy - something even the best EV’s have trouble with (and yes the Taycan has problems as a track toy) - but 99% of gas cars will pail in comparison to most any well done EV…

the number of gas cars that are any good once you’ve gotten use to a good EV is measured in single digits and produced in similar numbers…it’s just the future.

I seriously believe most Tesla fan boy’s are more in love with “EV” than they are with Tesla, but to date there are so few choices if you want a decent/good EV…

but yeah - a good EV makes most any gas car suck…

you just can’t go back.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
Before Taycan arrived, I spent a few month in Renault Zoe EV - and even from that jumping into ICE car, it felt weird - so much noise, rumbling etc - all felt unnecessary all of a sudden :) But that is not to say that V8 sounds bad, it's delightful, but on daily drive, completely unnecessary.

Now that some time has been spent with 4s, that has changed the interpretation of what fast is - instant torque at all times (except when battery is cold) is new normal, and going back to anything less would be actually dangerous :)

As for the instant torque, I remember, that when I had Panamera S, when set in sport-plus mode, it actually felt somewhat similar to a certain degree, as it kept high revs and that obviously caused near instant response as well.

All Porsches are great, but future is EV - that is quite for sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lowpue

Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree with all the sentiment here....especially that gas is for the track. I was worried that I had lost my mind and have become a regular person with no desire for visceral automotive experiences. Glad I have people who are living the same thing. Of course my car/track buddies make fun of the fact that I abandoned my 991 Turbo S daily driver for an EV so I will keep some ICE cars to stay in the club which I do love so much...I did look at the 992 Turbo S this weekend and I ma definitely drawn to it....but after my EV experience....are my future new cars going to be just EV....its looking like it.,,,would love an electric 911.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The year before I ordered my Taycan, I bought my Aston Martin DB11. I wanted to own a V12 before it disappeared. It is the third Aston I have owned and all are an experience to own and drive. However, the Taycan has been my go to car since I got it. Yesterday, I sold the DB11.

Porsche Taycan I took my Huracan out after 2 months....I missed the Taycan 20210119_093429_resized

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The year before I ordered my Taycan, I bought my Aston Martin DB11. I wanted to own a V12 before it disappeared. It is the third Aston I have owned and all are an experience to own and drive. However, the Taycan has been my go to car since I got it. Yesterday, I sold the DB11.
I can not part with my DB9 Volante for the time being. I do not use it as much as before for sure, but the natural aspirated V12 is just so sweet. And Aston have a lot of bespoke features! ( seems like the Taycan also has those at the moment though)

I have heard the
TADIS so much over the years from the Aston dealers.

TADIS = They All Do It, Sir.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I've got to agree that for daily driving, the Taycan is impossible to beat. The instant response is addicting and basically ruins you for any other car. The handling is superb up to 9/10ths, but boy is this a heavy mother!!:oops: Diving into a turn at speed is scary because it just carries so much weight. Definitely ICE cars rule the track and driving at 10/10ths is way more fun with a dedicated track car. But hey, you can't make a car do everything. The ride, lack of noise, instant and just ridiculous torque and acceleration are a combination I've never experienced. I can't imagine a better car for street use.:clap:

CJE

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Ford GT (part owner)
Country flag
Love the color of your Lambo first and foremost. I know what you mean, honestly McLaren and the R8 feel “slow” compared to the TTS. BUT I can still feel the weight of the car when I push it. For all its magic those other cars still feel more “nimble” around turns. So maybe throw around the Lambo a bit when its warmer and the tires can stick then compare...
We are fortunate to have a Taycan Turbo S, a 911 Turbo S and a partnership in a Ford GT. I no longer reach for the keys of the ICE cars. Yes they sound great at speed, especially the Ford, but the sense of immediate surging power is something that becomes addictive. And the Taycan has its own distinctive appearance that rivals anything on the road. I share the sensations expressed here. What a trip!
Porsche Taycan I took my Huracan out after 2 months....I missed the Taycan Taycan 2 copy

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I admit I still miss the gated manual shifter of my last R8. The Taycan is a LOT faster, and so smooth to just drive around, and crazy when you mash the accelerator. (Of course, the average Mustang was probably faster in a straight line than my R8 too :p )

OP
OP
Lowpue

Lowpue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for being my support group on this....I was feeling real guilty after getting out of my Huracan....now I feel much better :blush:

Would love to hear if there is a Taycan owner who feels different from those who have posted so far.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Taycan is fun at the track despite the immense weight - it's very well balanced and it puts down all that torque remarkably well. However, you run out of battery quickly unless you really take it easy braking (to minimize kinetic energy burned off by the hydraulic brakes), and then you aren't really track driving anymore. In my other world, I'd have a track ready but barely street legal GT3 RS. Or a fully track ready GT3 with a trailer and a big-ass F250 - but now maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself (and divorced...)
Sponsored