2020 Porsche Taycan 4S Achieved 190 Miles of Range in Our 75-MPH Highway Test - Car and Driver

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
At first when I read this headline I was shocked about the low range specified for a Taycan 4S when I am able to get 260 Mi range pretty easily at 70 mph with 20-in wheels.

But if you read more details it is at 40 to 48° F which is 4 to 9° C and it was using the 21-in Mission E Wheels. This would not have been the configuration I would have suggested Porsche to provide for a range test.

Also they maintained a cabin temp of 72F/22C which is reasonable and probably using normal mode as they did not specify if they were using range mode.

2020 Porsche Taycan 4S Achieved 190 Miles of Range in Our 75-MPH Highway Test
Car and Driver
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35308073/2020-porsche-taycan-4s-range-tested/
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I have 21” and I got more range than that when it was 5° last week ?. But I have a garage so that may be why?

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
I have 21” and I got more range than that when it was 5° last week ?. But I have a garage so that may be why?
yeah, having no garage heavily reduces range, as lots of KW go into heating the battery.

Tonytones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S; Volvo xc90; Audi R8
Country flag
At first when I read this headline I was shocked about the low range specified for a Taycan 4S when I am able to get 260 Mi range pretty easily at 70 mph with 20-in wheels.

But if you read more details it is at 40 to 48° F which is 4 to 9° C and it was using the 21-in Mission E Wheels. This would not have been the configuration I would have suggested Porsche to provide for a range test.

Also they maintained a cabin temp of 72F/22C which is reasonable and probably using normal mode as they did not specify if they were using range mode.

2020 Porsche Taycan 4S Achieved 190 Miles of Range in Our 75-MPH Highway Test
Car and Driver
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35308073/2020-porsche-taycan-4s-range-tested/
This is low but can be considered to be reasonably true considering the parameters you mentioned and the extensive reports of low mileage / high consumption we see in this forum by various owners from the UK / Northern Europe/ USA and Canada. The first time EV buyer can be quite shocked by the number and the harsh reality of what cold temperature can do to range , but it is clearly not new and surprising if you dig a little bit and that this affects every EV, not just Porsche ... so once you accept that, you get over it and definitely appreciate again the precision and fun factor of the car which is without a doubt the best EV out there !!!
Sponsored