Your thoughts on the RWD Taycan coming 2021?

andyxxl

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 S
Country flag
ill have more than enough acceleration, and compare to ICE it is instance, which is a huge difference. That is the major reason I drive EVs only.
Yes, really difficult to go back/ change to a ICE...
Sponsored

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Why would a Taycan RWD perform worse than let's say a Cayman - which is way lighter? And they are also used as DD.
Not to take issue but......is it your opin the Cayman is good in the snow?
I have experience with both Cay and Box in the snow w/snow tires....and not impressed.
The very best IMHO is all-wheel 911 frame (C4S or Turbo) with winter rubber, and not so wide a fitment in the back.
On a rear drive Tay we're talking mass to accelerate....forward inertia to stop.....under steer at the corners.....etc.
The comments have already been made but the combination of both the weight (tot. and distribution) and power would not be your friends in winter....at least not in our winters here in the great white North.
Just my opins of course.....and I still have my winter fitments to go on the wife's Tay so it still remains to be seen how well she goes.

swebbs850

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i Conv; Jaguar E-Pace; Landrover Series 2A
Country flag
Anyone have any news on when the RWD Taycan may come to the UK? Release dates, specs, prices? Thanks

OP
OP
MaKin

MaKin

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S (2019)
Country flag
I was hoping for an announcement in 2020.

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
To be fair I did say rain and damp conditions. Ask a BMW M3 or M2 driver what there cars are like in the wet weather. They are a proper handful.
My F80 Competition is a crazy good car in rain. Its so stable and behaves natural. On a 3 km track being dry I was about 8-9 seconds slower than an 720S, in rain the difference was maybe 2-3 seconds. I had no problems keeping up with 4-wheel drive cars. Also in snow no problems.
I just entered this forum as I am thinking of buying a Taycan RWD. Its priced really nicely in Finland and 4S is kind out of my reach pricewise even if I would enjoy the extra power.
I testdrove the Taycan 4S today (they dont have yet RWD Taycans), I really liked it. It would be a big change after 12 BMW:s first being in 1991. I always wanted a Carrera but everytime I testdrove one, I felt I need the back space :)

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I ordered a RWD Base Taycan. I might even be the first person who ordered the base model here in Turkey, at least that's what the dealer said...

The base model was pretty stripped out compared to the 4S. I had to pay extra for stuff like PASM and PTV Plus, but in the end my fully-equipped Taycan came about $50,000 cheaper than a similarly spec'd 4S. (Yes, cars are super expensive in Turkey due to high taxes here)

Apart from the savings, I think that I made the right choice depending on my needs and expectations. Base model is 100kg's lighter and less powerful, so it should have better mileage than a Turbo or 4S. RWD chassis should also make this feel more like a Grand Tourer than a capsule of speed with no emotions.

They'll be delivering mine around late March, I'll make sure to share my thoughts after driving it for a while.

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
I ordered a RWD Base Taycan. I might even be the first person who ordered the base model here in Turkey, at least that's what the dealer said...

The base model was pretty stripped out compared to the 4S. I had to pay extra for stuff like PASM and PTV Plus, but in the end my fully-equipped Taycan came about $50,000 cheaper than a similarly spec'd 4S. (Yes, cars are super expensive in Turkey due to high taxes here)

Apart from the savings, I think that I made the right choice depending on my needs and expectations. Base model is 100kg's lighter and less powerful, so it should have better mileage than a Turbo or 4S. RWD chassis should also make this feel more like a Grand Tourer than a capsule of speed with no emotions.

They'll be delivering mine around late March, I'll make sure to share my thoughts after driving it for a while.
Congrats on your order!

Here in Finland the difference between Taycan and 4S is around 25k eur but the PASM shortens that difference to 23k. Its still a big amount of money so if I order a Taycan it will be surely the rwd. There are some used 4S around but they basically cost the same as new ones. Color choices are hard but at the moment I feel that metallic white exterior with red leather interior is my choice.

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
Congrats on your order!

Here in Finland the difference between Taycan and 4S is around 25k eur but the PASM shortens that difference to 23k. Its still a big amount of money so if I order a Taycan it will be surely the rwd. There are some used 4S around but they basically cost the same as new ones. Color choices are hard but at the moment I feel that metallic white exterior with red leather interior is my choice.
Hello!I live also in Finland and after owned many BMW:s and Benz:s ,I ordered RWD Taycan on tuesday.
I was searching first Porsche 911.2,but didn’t find any with
my budget(prices has reised).
Here is my build:http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWRGCG6
Last year it was very near that I ordered 4s,but it went over
my budget(135k€).
Now I get it about 20k€ cheaper and production date is on March.

Mazithra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan & Taycan & Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
Hello!I live also in Finland and after owned many BMW:s and Benz:s ,I ordered RWD Taycan on tuesday.
my budget(135k€).
Congratulations! I really liked your build, you went for the Mission E looks hehe
My one and only suggestion would be the passenger screen. I think everyone should go for it as it provides a great wow factor hehe

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
my budget(135k€).
Nice and Congrats!

Where did you buy it from, I was in the Espoo shop? If I change my great car to a Taycan, it will be same color as yours so Carrara white. But I need the leather interior and thats going to be the Bordeaux red. Also I want the performance pack battery as we probably drive twice to south Germany every year. So my build is around 117k eur.
A few questions:
-why the PSCB brakes?
-why 21" wheels? They look nice but I think the 20" Turbo wheels are also nice and you get better comfort

I still have to wrestle with this decision. I love my F80 to bits. But at 62 it might be time to try something else than BMW and I have always wanted a Porsche. Here is a picture of my car
http://platesmania.com/fi/foto9035066

Last edited:

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
My one and only suggestion would be the passenger screen. I think everyone should go for it as it provides a great wow factor hehe
I agree, the passenger screen is really nice option and the price is reasonable.

Jeke74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Carrera white 2021
Country flag
Nice and Congrats!

Where did you buy it from, I was in the Espoo shop? If I change my great car to a Taycan, it will be same color as yours so Carrara white. But I need the leather interior and thats going to be the Bordeaux red. Also I want the performance pack battery as we probably drive twice to south Germany every year. So my build is around 117k eur.
A few questions:
-why the PSCB brakes?
-why 21" wheels? They look nice but I think the 20" Turbo wheels are also nice and you get better comfort

I still have to wrestle with this decision. I love my F80 to bits. But at 62 it might be time to try something else than BMW and I have always wanted a Porsche. Here is a picture of my car
http://platesmania.com/fi/foto9035066
Hi!
I bought it from Porsche Center Turku.I did’t choose performance pack battery,because I drive mostly in city and max.50km/day.Also the diffence in range is about 10%,so I used that money things,that I have dreamed in my car.(BOSE,panorama,sport crono,and air suspension).
My last Mercedes E Coupé has 22” wheels and I always
has used biggest possible wheels in my car.
To Taycan maybe 22” wheels next summer.
If you have air suspension,it will be still very soft to drive.

I saw one Taycan in SCC Raisio in live,and wanted those 21”wheels so badly,that I ordered them.You have to choose
also PSCB brakes to get those wheels.
Sponsored