ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looking for feedback from folks who have had some kind of wrap applied flto front of a Taycan and had any issues with sensors or cameras etc.

Is special trimming needed, if do can you please point out or describe location?

I'm getting my car on the 11th and Xpel Ultima Plus for front, mirrors and doors and ceramic coat and tint side and rear windows for n the 16th. I just want to be ready.

I have all assistive systems in my configuration: InnoDrive, Night Vision, ParkAssist, and LCA.
Sponsored

chizwheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had my 4S completley wrapped with PPF. No issue with sensors or cameras. I don't have Innodrive or night vision so can't comment on that.

Schlossj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looking for feedback from folks who have had some kind of wrap applied flto front of a Taycan and had any issues with sensors or cameras etc.

Is special trimming needed, if do can you please point out or describe location?

I'm getting my car on the 11th and Xpel Ultima Plus for front, mirrors and doors and ceramic coat and tint side and rear windows for n the 16th. I just want to be ready.

I have all assistive systems in my configuration: InnoDrive, Night Vision, ParkAssist, and LCA.
Full front and mirrors and all exposed edges through the back with Xpel...50% tint as well on all windows...no issues...don't have Innodrive or Nightvision.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Been meaning to mention this to you.

I had no problems with sensors, they work on Porsches and Tesla’s so they know how to deal with them.

However, I did have an issue with the sensors on the side mirrors for the lane change assist. When they did the wrap on the doors (I had full body) the side mirrors were removed. I needed to bring it into Porsche for them to reprogram the mirror/sensor. Cost like 190 and the place paid for it. I was honest to say what the cause was so it was fair that they charged me.

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Full PPF here. No issue with the sensors or LCA on the mirrors. Night Vision Assist is in a part not covered by PPF, so it works just fine.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Full front wrap.
No issues.
Parking sensors aren't covered.
Radar and nightvision camera aren't covered cuz they aren't in the painted areas.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
My clear wrap guy used the film on the sensors in the front bumper area. He warned me that he used it on my nightvision sensor, so he wanted me to check it out at night (he didn't know how to use it...nor did he want to drive my car...very nice of him). And it is true...do NOT use the wrap on your night vision sensor as it makes it inoperable. I used a blow dryer to warm the film and a little plastic toothpick to get some purchase, and it came right off with no residue. The wrap was the size of a US quarter.

But the other glass sensors/surfaces in the front are indeed wrapped and I haven't noticed any difficulties. I have the sides of my car, including the side mirrors wrapped as well. Again, I haven't noticed any issues with LKA, LCA, Innodrive, etc.

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Did you get the warp? Did it work?
If you don't mind, can you share where did you get it from and how much did you pay?

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you get the warp? Did it work?
If you don't mind, can you share where did you get it from and how much did you pay?
Sigh, it's a long process for a full wrap, dropped off last Monday, should be done tomorrow or Wedsday.
Used Deep Reflections in Los Gatos, also used by Reg. Price is in the 5/6k neighborhood for full wrap, ceramic coat, and tinting 5 windows.
Will happily post functionality when I get my baby back.

Note: Hood to mirrors is about $3K from anyone. I had checked with a half dozen places.

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Used Deep Reflections in Los Gatos, also used by Reg. Price is in the 5/6k neighborhood for full wrap, ceramic coat, and tinting 5 windows.
Will happily post functionality when I get my baby back.
Thanks.

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
Been meaning to mention this to you.

I had no problems with sensors, they work on Porsches and Tesla’s so they know how to deal with them.

However, I did have an issue with the sensors on the side mirrors for the lane change assist. When they did the wrap on the doors (I had full body) the side mirrors were removed. I needed to bring it into Porsche for them to reprogram the mirror/sensor. Cost like 190 and the place paid for it. I was honest to say what the cause was so it was fair that they charged me.
@Reg , which dealership did you get the side mirror LCA issue fixed at? I have the same issue and Porsche Stevens Creek wants $500 to fix it!

Fsk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, California, New Flying Spurs
Country flag
Had the same issue, went to Porsche and fix it in 5 minutes

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
Had the same issue, went to Porsche and fix it in 5 minutes
5" at Porsche dealer, $500, sounds about right........:rolleyes:

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
So will PPF on the parking sensors cause problems? My detailed is asking me if I want to cover those as well.
Sponsored