Enough Complaining, Let's talk about what we love about the Taycan and why we bought it.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
As I eagerly await the arrival of my 2021 Taycan 4S, all I have seen lately is comments about the growing pains of the Taycan (nice way of saying, complaints). As a long term Porsche owner, I know it isn't a perfect vehicle and isn't a perfect manufacturer but we all have faith or we wouldn't be loyal buyers.

I would love to know why you bought the vehicle and what you love the most about the car.

If you want to say something about what bothers you about the vehicle just make sure you answer the first two questions about why and what you love.
Sponsored

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Today, I had to drive a Toyota Corolla for 15 minutes. Steering was vague, suspension was like the springs of an old bed and the engine has no power. I was so happy to be back in the Taycan later in the day.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
As I eagerly await the arrival of my 2021 Taycan 4S, all I have seen lately is comments about the growing pains of the Taycan (nice way of saying, complaints). As a long term Porsche owner, I know it isn't a perfect vehicle and isn't a perfect manufacturer but we all have faith or we wouldn't be loyal buyers.

I would love to know why you bought the vehicle and what you love the most about the car.

If you want to say something about what bothers you about the vehicle just make sure you answer the first two questions about why and what you love.
Actually, for me there is nothing I really have complaints about. I love this car. I have been fortunate to have had so many really nice cars from 2 seaters sports and super cars, all the way to SUVs etc. This really is the best of the lot.

It looks amazing, is fast, practical, super quiet and comfortable, drives like my 911 ie is agile though you do feel/sense the weight of the car. Oh and by the way of course it’s a clean EV.

I am also lucky I guess as nothing has really gone wrong, it has so far proven very reliable (like most porsches), the app works fine for me and all the features/functions have worked.

I really don’t have anything to complain about right now. Finally, my OPC and sales team have been excellent and still reach out to me every now and again to check in - pretty good if you ask me...

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag

I bought the car because I am a firm believer that EV's are better in every way than ICE vehicles as far as safety, driving dynamics, pleasure to drive, and reducing effects on climate change. I specifically bought the Taycan 4S as I have always been a fan of Porsche (owned Panamera 4S, Cayenne Turbo) and loved the design and look of the car and after driving the demos knew how special an experience driving the car daily would be. I originally spec'd a Taycan Turbo S, and had owned a Tesla Model S P100D just before taking delivery of my 4S. I am glad I scaled back to the 4S from the Turbo S, as it is more than fast enough for me and my need for speed. It is a great car and brakes, steers, handles, and accelerates tremendously well all while being comfortable to drive and looking great. As an early adopter of the first generation of this technology for a Porsche, I was and am fully prepared to make concessions for "kinks" to show up and be fixed. So far, it is well worth the risks I've taken as a new owner, and the only real issue for me so far was a dead 12V battery that has so far been rectified. You will love this car when it comes in, happy and safe driving!

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
As my first EV (I don't count my Cayenne e-Hybrid as an EV), I was not sure what to expect. I took a big gamble by ordering one sight unseen. I was pleasantly surprised by the performance and handling. As a long time Porsche owner, the styling and build quality do not disappoint either. I have been fortunate that I have not had any of the issues even though mine is a very early build car. If I do experience the problems the car has a warranty and worst case scenario the lemon law is available. I have owned enough cars that those things don't bother me. If this is Porsche's first EV, I am really excited to see what Porsche will do with the next version. In the mean time I find any excuse to drive and enjoy it.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I cannot, without sounding like an unabashed fanboy, state how much I love my Taycan. Best car I’ve ever owned bar none. It’s some of the best-looking sheet metal on the street and it’s a non-stop grin machine when driving it. Awesome cruiser on the highway and a blast to throw around tight roads. My car came off the production line in late May 2020 and I’ve had, knock on wood, none of the issues you read about here. I made the call with my team to shift my company to all remote and distributed almost a year ago, so my opportunities to drive have been curtailed, but every time I have to go out I love getting into my car and so appreciate being able to have it. I had a 911 prior, and while that car still has a strong emotional grip on me, the Taycan still feels like it’s been delivered from the future. Yes, many things need work and iteration and maturity, but for me, the combo of driving pleasure, design, and that I can take my family with me in my sports car, and not burn any carbon, is still a very, very sweet feeling.

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag

performance is outstanding (4s), it feels too fast for every day use :) had to setup speed limit warning to keep within reasonable limits. Other things to enjoy:
1) burmester is good and enjoyable
2) massage seats are relaxing
3) panorama roof provides that extra bit of luxury
4) awd is great and handles superbly on snow and ice (weight helps)
5) comfort access without keyless go surprised me
6) sport sound is nice fun thing to have
7) super fast and silent at all times - the thing you need to get to work and back home after busy day

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Like the OP, I'm waiting for my 2021 4S to arrive: May in my case. This will be my 6th Porsche since the first one purchased new in 1984, a ruby red 911 Carrera with burgundy leather and a whale tale spoiler.

What I like most about the Taycan is that it looks, performs and feels like a genuine Porsche and, in that sense, retains the characteristic Porsche attributes that have kept me an owner of the marque for 4 decades. The icing on the cake is that it's an EV which allows me to put my money where my mouth is with respect to doing my small part for addressing climate change, especially since I will be able to charge it at home exclusively from solar. That just really appeals to me.

I've little doubt that there will be problems to deal with at some point but I remain optimistic that overall it will be as satisfying to drive, in it's own way, as that first 911.

Irv09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020; Panamera GTS; 911
Country flag
Thank you for the thread! I traded my Panamera Turbo for a Taycan Turbo and the Taycan feels like my 911 except faster and more responsive. I love having my Apple Car play map and the Porsche map on two different displays.

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
My wife is getting into the habit of making fun of me every time she sits in the car by stating how I love the Taycan more than the kids and her.
That is one smart woman, good thing you married her.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
I’ve owned my 4s just over a month now. I’ve put about 1300 miles on it! I LOVE DRIVING THIS VEHICLE!! The way it handles, the way it looks, i just am all in on it. THis is my first Porsche and my first EV and both aspects are just amazing. I was in line for a Tesla Plaid, but am so glad i made the choice to change it to this vehicle. The 4s is plenty fast, even coming from an 800 hp straight line bruiser of a muscle car, I still feel amazing pull and power from this car. I’ve had no issues so far, and will try my first 600 mile road trip in a couple of weeks, so we’ll see how that handles, but I think it’ll be great too.

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
A ”911 which is tax friendly and family friendly with 4 seats and a decent boot”... it was the ultimate chance to realize my dream of buying a new Porsche.

Now that I have the car I understand what it’s all about to drive a Porsche sportscar. The handling, the speed, the smoothness, the driver position. Wauw, it’s incredible.

Up to today, touch wood, no issues. As far as the EV aspect goes, realize that we are still early adopters. You know this when you buy, accept it. But with +360km range in winter conditions I’m very satisfied. In summer range will be well over 400km.

Negative things? Well, Porsche service in general was poor, as was the dealer. Electrification support was abismal. The ”Porsche buying experience” was nothing special at all, quite to the contrary which is sad as the price tag and quality of the car deserve better. This however seems to be a general trend (buying experience in general for my last vehicles Maserati, BMW i8 and BMW 740 was equally poor, dealerships are becoming inpersonel mega stores, customer relations are managed by computer algorithms instead of people) but this does not impact the smile on my face when I’m driving the car.

2 months and just over 2.000 km driven and I LOVE IT! Enjoying every km I drive. We are all priviliged people on this forum, remember 99% of people are not as lucky and stuck with vehicles far inferior. A little less bitching on this forum would indeed be nice.

Last edited:

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have one one minor complaint about my Taycan (too many essential functions grayed out while driving, including master interior brightness). But that is the best I can do to complain. That says a lot about a car, specially a first year car, specially about the FIRST EV of a major brand.

I have no complaint. I love the car for its driving dynamics, its refinement, its effortless ability and the entire aesthetics of the car, specially the interior. This was brought to even more to the front after seeing the final Audi GT interior.

As I’ve said elsewhere I am not a Porsche driver. Never owned one. Bought this car immediately both to experience a Porsche EV and to support the effort. This is a HUGE leap for a storied sports car maker and they nailed it. All I want now from Porsche is to do this again, but in a small two seater!

BTW let’s take a moment and differentiate between posts we make to share issues, ask for help, or sometimes just vent a little frustration and whining/complaining. There is a difference in tone, and there is a sense of balance. I’ll go back to my first post, it irritates me that in a dark night I can not adjust my master brightness while in motion. I’d as far as to say this is a very big mistake in the car driving experience. That doesn’t mean I do not love the car, or think its “garbage” or that you could pry the keys out of my cold dead hands....
Sponsored