Enough Complaining, Let's talk about what we love about the Taycan and why we bought it.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Here are the things I love
1. Gorgeous looks. One of the most stunning cars on the market
2. Great handling
3. Great fit and finish
4. Much more quiet than any of the Tesla models I owned

Such a joy to drive.....
Sponsored

Codeias

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY23), 911 Carrera 4 GTS (997)
Country flag
Only had the 4S since early December, but it’s simply a stunning / exceptional car in pretty much every way, a wonderful daily, I’ve not had any issues to this point (famous last words). RWS makes a reasonably lengthy unit seem so agile snd manoeuvrable at low speeds with it being planted with spirited stints. My old 987 Boxster S was like it was on rails but the Taycan is something else and seats 5 (at a push!)! Oh... and pics just don’t do it justice... in person it’s beautiful from every angle!

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
I’ve owned my 4s just over a month now. I’ve put about 1300 miles on it! I LOVE DRIVING THIS VEHICLE!! The way it handles, the way it looks, i just am all in on it. THis is my first Porsche and my first EV and both aspects are just amazing. I was in line for a Tesla Plaid, but am so glad i made the choice to change it to this vehicle. The 4s is plenty fast, even coming from an 800 hp straight line bruiser of a muscle car, I still feel amazing pull and power from this car. I’ve had no issues so far, and will try my first 600 mile road trip in a couple of weeks, so we’ll see how that handles, but I think it’ll be great too.
May i ask which car was the 800hp beast?
What felt faster ?

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
What felt faster ?
Keep in mind that for ICE that is peak HP rating, while for EVs HP is available almost instantly. This makes a very big difference. Add to that torque and response....

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
What felt faster ?
It was a Hellcat Charger. The Taycan feels faster and it is on the regular streets as ICE cars with that much HP for the most part cant get that instant power and traction too. Now haven taken both to the drag strip, yes, the Hellcat is faster, but takes more discipline to launch right. Taycan is a breeze and launch control is practically fool proof either on the streets or the drag strip.

PEV1

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron 55
Country flag
Good thread Robert. While I have found some of the grizzles quite interesting and I guess food for thought on what may be coming my way, I am delighted to report that my Taycan 4S [PM8B8YU0] with those tailored touches we can throw in so often from the Porsche group, is quite literally the most superb; the best driving experience; fit for daily use; touring car I have owned (Past Porsche owned, 924, 911 CS, Cayenne S, 718 Cayman S, Panamera 4S e-Hybrid) (Past notable others: Audi RS4, S6, RS6). It really does tick all the boxes.

While I only have 1500kms clocked in 10days, already reflecting 435km range in normal mode and improving every rural tour. 3,600km round trip Auckland to Queenstown and back for Easter period in the calendar will be telling I guess. Although I think this will be more a test of the juvenile charging network in New Zealand (pretty much only 50kw) than the car itself, as I am totally chuffed with this car. Brilliance!

Dr Chill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2008 911 Turbo, 2009 911 Turbo Cab
Country flag
Had no interest in a Taycan while I was enjoying my 2019 991.2 TTS until one drove by me in my neighborhood and it's looks blew me away. One test drive later and it was all over for the TTS. The 4S was definitely fast enough. Simply an absolute joy to drive. Handles amazing. Performance package definitely helps. Love the Mission E wheels and PSCB's. No problems in 5000 miles.
Porsche Taycan Enough Complaining, Let's talk about what we love about the Taycan and why we bought it. Taycan

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Had no interest in a Taycan while I was enjoying my 2019 991.2 TTS until one drove by me in my neighborhood and it's looks blew me away. One test drive later and it was all over for the TTS. The 4S was definitely fast enough. Simply an absolute joy to drive. Handles amazing. Performance package definitely helps. Love the Mission E wheels and PSCB's. No problems in 5000 miles.
Beautiful. Can't tell for sure what the interior color is: Bordeaux red?

mike-taycan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I totally get a lot of the frustrations but have to say I am very impressed for a gen 1 EV car that Porsche was able to produce. Of course the fit and finish was going to be good but am impressed with the electronic are not super flakey or buggy. I run into a few “now why would they do it that way” but for the most part it exceeds my expectation for a gen 1. I really have no major complaints and will probably buy a gen 2 when they come out.

Mrmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT63s amg, Panamera GTS, s560, Range Rover
Country flag
It was a Hellcat Charger. The Taycan feels faster and it is on the regular streets as ICE cars with that much HP for the most part cant get that instant power and traction too. Now haven taken both to the drag strip, yes, the Hellcat is faster, but takes more discipline to launch right. Taycan is a breeze and launch control is practically fool proof either on the streets or the drag strip.
Frightening to hear a 4s feels much faster. Im still waiting for my 4s

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Frightening to hear a 4s feels much faster. Im still waiting for my 4s
In a good way! The car NEVER feels out of control. Cant say the same for hard acceleration with my Hellcat. Even on wet roads, the Taycan accelerates so Smooth and effortlessly. You’ll love it!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
In a good way! The car NEVER feels out of control. Cant say the same for hard acceleration with my Hellcat. Even on wet roads, the Taycan accelerates so Smooth and effortlessly. You’ll love it!
Until you disable the traction control completely....

:like::like::like:
Sponsored