Navigation just got so much better! A better Route Planner just released their new version 4.0.35 for iOS

OP
OP
felixtb

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Got my Tronity subscription but my Porsche connect and PCM issues are still not fixed so i guess I just have to wait for a better day :)
Sponsored

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
While I'm waiting for my 4S I have been exploring the ABRP app. I have it set for reference consumption of 325 Wh/mi at 65 mph (based on some of the range tests I have seen for the 4S). When I put in longer distance journeys (such as DC to LA) the app creates a lot of stops after about 100 miles and seems to assume a consumption of about 450 Wh/mi. Anyone know where this assumed consumption comes from? Is it based on temperature? The EPA rated consumption for the 4S? These short distances between charging really would be a pain for longer distance travel. I was thinking the charging stops would be more like 180-200 miles, which would be fine with my tolerance for stopping intervals. Anyone with real world experience with ABRP and 4S?

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've literally just found out about Tronity so decided to give it a go. It seems to be really useful. ABRP links to your (initially free account.. if you are signing up for a trial, please use my referral link in my signature for extra benefits).
So, set up your Tronity free account and then you can link your Taycan from the ABRP application.Once linked, this allows ABRP to obtain your real SOC.. even more useful, I found the information Tronity can give to you is fantastic.

Porsche Taycan Navigation just got so much better!  A better Route Planner just released their new version 4.0.35 for iOS Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 09.37.58

Here are the benefits of using my link below:

Referral Program

Whenever a friend will register using your unique referral link, your friends trial period will be extended form 2 to 4 weeks. As soon as your friend decides for a monthly or yearly subscription, you will earn the following rewards:

1 x free month for every referred friend with a monthly subscription
3 x free month for every referred friend with a yearly subscription

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
@UKTIVO thanks for sharing! I have seen this advertised but not tried it. I guess this is linked to MyPorsche account through API’s etc, and needs a working OTA module in the car? Mine isn’t since January!
Ach well , so close?

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
While I'm waiting for my 4S I have been exploring the ABRP app. I have it set for reference consumption of 325 Wh/mi at 65 mph (based on some of the range tests I have seen for the 4S). When I put in longer distance journeys (such as DC to LA) the app creates a lot of stops after about 100 miles and seems to assume a consumption of about 450 Wh/mi. Anyone know where this assumed consumption comes from? Is it based on temperature? The EPA rated consumption for the 4S? These short distances between charging really would be a pain for longer distance travel. I was thinking the charging stops would be more like 180-200 miles, which would be fine with my tolerance for stopping intervals. Anyone with real world experience with ABRP and 4S?
It does take elevation and speed into account. You can tweak the speed input as an offset to the speed limit of the road. You can also tweak the maximum SOC you will charge and the minimum SOC you’re willing to arrive with. Adjusting both of these will reduce stops, of course with potential downsides.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I've literally just found out about Tronity so decided to give it a go. It seems to be really useful. ABRP links to your (initially free account.. if you are signing up for a trial, please use my referral link in my signature for extra benefits).
So, set up your Tronity free account and then you can link your Taycan from the ABRP application.Once linked, this allows ABRP to obtain your real SOC.. even more useful, I found the information Tronity can give to you is fantastic.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 09.37.58.png

Here are the benefits of using my link below:

Referral Program

Whenever a friend will register using your unique referral link, your friends trial period will be extended form 2 to 4 weeks. As soon as your friend decides for a monthly or yearly subscription, you will earn the following rewards:

1 x free month for every referred friend with a monthly subscription
3 x free month for every referred friend with a yearly subscription
hmmmm - my login.porsche.com account name/password doesn’t work to add a vehicle - could be a North America thing?

bummer.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
hmmmm - my login.porsche.com account name/password doesn’t work to add a vehicle - could be a North America thing?

bummer.
Got to be honest I always struggle to log into my Porsche also.. but I think that’s more a user (over 50s) error...lol.. not sure about the log in. Mine worked first time.. apologies.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Got to be honest I always struggle to log into my Porsche also.. but I think that’s more a user (over 50s) error...lol.. not sure about the log in. Mine worked first time.. apologies.
I can login into login.porsche.com just fine - and since I’m using copy/paste for the account name and password I’m sure I’m getting it right - but those credentials do not work on the tronity site.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I can login into login.porsche.com just fine - and since I’m using copy/paste for the account name and password I’m sure I’m getting it right - but those credentials do not work on the tronity site.
Just make sure (I’ve done this in the past myself) that when you copy you aren’t grabbing a blank space as well.

OP
OP
felixtb

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
now when my OTA module finally works again it’s great to have ABRP/Tronity working together. Now we are almost as accurate as a Tesla. :)
Sponsored