First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag
Hi
is there such a thing as a list of the high powered locations around the UK maybe starting at 50kw as get car next week and once UK out of lockdown i do a lot of miles?

thanks guys.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
plugshare.com - and various EV charging app can list all the EV charging locations - most of them have filter options.

as a new EV owner you’ll need to get familiar with various EV charging app for each charging network - so you can start/stop/pay for charging.

I’m in US - so I’m not familiar with the popular ones in the UK - there are many helpful UK members on this site - they will step in and help you.

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
Hi
is there such a thing as a list of the high powered locations around the UK maybe starting at 50kw as get car next week and once UK out of lockdown i do a lot of miles?

thanks guys.
Download the Zap Map app or look online. You can set the filters accordingly to 50kwh, 100kwh whatever you want including which suppliers you only want to see. It is free to use and the one I use the most.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
As above - Plugshare or ZapMap. You can filter both for CCS connectors for the Taycan, ZapMap you can filter quite nicely for the fast charger types - 350kw, 150kw etc.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi

thanks guys.
The will also do some of this for you either with the built in PIRM or a general search on the navigation for plug and charge or chargers in general.

Multiple sources.

PIRM has a limited database focussing on 50kW upwards but gets updates so don't rule it out plus it integrates nicely with sat nav and the car in general (in conjunction with Range Mode / Normal mode for example).

People on the forum generally negative about it but try it and judge for yourself (RTFM first obviously!).

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
The will also do some of this for you either with the built in PIRM or a general search on the navigation for plug and charge or chargers in general.

Multiple sources.

PIRM has a limited database focussing on 50kW upwards but gets updates so don't rule it out plus it integrates nicely with sat nav and the car in general (in conjunction with Range Mode / Normal mode for example).

People on the forum generally negative about it but try it and judge for yourself (RTFM first obviously!).
Yes as W1NGE says the PIRM is worth a look at - the benefit especially for high power DC charging is that by the time you get to the charger especially in cold weather the battery will be conditioned using the heat pump to the ideal temperature to take the higher kw's.
The downside is that it will not show you whether the charger is already in use which ZapMap does, which is not so important if using a multiple charger site but if it is an isolated charger or a double charger site can be frustrating if you arrive and someone else is already there.
It will be much better when ZapMap is integrated into Apple CarPlay in the same way as ABRP is - -that is another good charger app but for the full monty you have to pay a subscription.
In the end I use a mixture of ZapMap and the onboard PIRM

OP
OP

Bill C

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport, Taycan Turbo, 911 Turbo cab
Country flag
Zapmap does the job well, even includes the 4 ionity charges we all have access to :rolleyes: :D
what all of 4 ionity
can we use Porsche dealership charging facilities?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes you can use Porsche facilities as long as you know the PIN and that they don't secure the premises (like mine does!!) - check first, but normally yes.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The downside is that it will not show you whether the charger is already in use which ZapMap does,
At least in Ireland and against ESB charging network the number of free chargers is shown on my PCM/PIRM with around 10 minute lag in the live info. So the PIRM is capable of reading charger availability/utilisation.

One "hidden" feature I really like in the PIRM is that if you click on the chargers ".../more" option it will show you pictures of the charger and its location. Something that wasn't immediately obvious to me.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is PCM showing some charger status/current utilisation:

Porsche Taycan UK high power location list IMG_0054

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I've also noticed that on the main map or on the digital cockpit display with map displayed that chargers and status appear 0/2, 1/2, 2/2 and so on.

Dumb question but as I'm Irish I can ask, if displayed 0/2 does that mean all are available or none are available?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dumb question but as I'm Irish I can ask, if displayed 0/2 does that mean all are available or none are available?
0/2 would mean: "0 chargers available and the site has 2 chargers" or put simpler "both chargers in use"

My screenshots above show "both chargers are available" at each site.

Although, in my case that was because a stupid 1994 Nissan Sunny was parked in the charging spot. :mad:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
0/2 would mean: "0 chargers available and the site has 2 chargers" or put simpler "both chargers in use"

My screenshots above show "both chargers are available" at each site.

Although, in my case that was because a stupid 1994 Nissan Sunny was parked in the charging spot. :mad:
Cool. I hope you left a note on the Sunny (impressive it's still a runner) explaining EV parking bay etiquette!
Sponsored