Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
“Porsche’s Taycan product boss also outlined that the model is continuously being optimised, highlighted by the fact that the Taycan 4S Cross Turismo accelerates three tenths of a second faster than the Taycan 4S from 0-124mph.”

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/porsc...ross-turismo-electric-shooting-brake-unveiled
I don't see that quote but it's BS, it's 0.1 seconds slower, the difference is just due to the bigger battery being standard on the wagon and they are comparing to sedan with smaller battery.
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
I don't see that quote but it's BS, it's 0.1 seconds slower, the difference is just due to the bigger battery being standard on the wagon and they are comparing to sedan with smaller battery.
Didn’t even clock. That’s a good point ? I’ve edited with the correct link

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
None of the manufacturer numbers matter anyways, since they sandbag numbers, and can easily publish whatever they'd like to tell whatever story marketing wants.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I really like this. Only thing is bad are those plastic things on the fender, but going with black colour would sort that out. Also having the new engine option is interesting. They promise 5.1s 0-100 so in real world it is probably 4,8 - 4,9 which is just on the limit if it is enough or not. Price is attractive.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really like this. Only thing is bad are those plastic things on the fender, but going with black colour would sort that out. Also having the new engine option is interesting. They promise 5.1s 0-100 so in real world it is probably 4,8 - 4,9 which is just on the limit if it is enough or not. Price is attractive.
They list it as 4.8 seconds, actually. The RWD Taycan is listed at 5.1.

It's exactly one second slower than the 4S on paper, however Porsche often further undersells their base cars. As an example, the 992 S is .6 seconds faster (2.9 to 3.5) in most tests than Porsche lists but the 992 base is .8 seconds faster (3.2 to 4). So it's possible the 4 will be more in the 4.3ish range.

The RWD Taycan has been tested pretty close to what it's listed as, haven't seen any 4 second times for it, but that's a bit of a different situation as it has a completely unique powertrain. The 4 has the same powertrain as the 4S, just software detuned. Often in those situations Porsche will market a more significant difference but really only engineer in a minor one. Then again, it's impossible to say for certain until we see test results.

I would wager the Taycan 4 will feel quite similar to an iPace in terms of acceleration. The HP/Torque/listed 40 times all quite align. So try testing one of those if you want to get a sense of the speed (the Taycan will handle about a thousand times better, though).

If true, that's quite usable. While my iPace didn't feel blisteringly fast from a launch, it felt exceptionally quick in real world driving. My Taycan 4S feels much, much, much faster but to the point where I very rarely floor it and if I do it's for less than a second.

But make no mistake, going from a 4.8 car to a 3.8 car is a massive jump and you might find yourself salivating over a move up to a 4S or even Turbo.

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
The 4 has the same powertrain as the 4S, just software detuned.
Has this been confirmed? Porsche is pretty ridiculous about using different parts if you don't pay for something even when it seems like it'd be easier for them to use the same.

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Has this been confirmed? Porsche is pretty ridiculous about using different parts if you don't pay for something even when it seems like it'd be easier for them to use the same.
Asked about this when ordering my CT4 today - apparently there is also some kind of difference in the hardware.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have seen the Cross Turismo! I attended an event this morning and unfortunately there was a no-photo clause so I can't show you how it looked like. It's a good looking car and the hatch was nice but the ground clearance and the plastic trim on the wheels is not my thing.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Any chance you were able to tell if the plastic trim was clipped on or stuck on with VHB tape or something else removable? Still got my fingers crossed for that...

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have no idea how it's connected, sorry. I am guessing that it is taped on though. It looked very "taped on", you could see the mamba green at the edges of the rear doors. They look smooth, so it might be possible to wrap them, worst case scenario.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
I have no idea how it's connected, sorry. I am guessing that it is taped on though. It looked very "taped on", you could see the mamba green at the edges of the rear doors. They look smooth, so it might be possible to wrap them, worst case scenario.
My dealer told me the 4S Cross Turismo specced with the "Off Road Package in Black" has matt plastic wheel arches. The Turbo S with the same pack has gloss black wheel arches.

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
My dealer told me the 4S Cross Turismo specced with the "Off Road Package in Black" has matt plastic wheel arches. The Turbo S with the same pack has gloss black wheel arches.
It's a little strange if you can't spec smooth wheel arches for a 4/4S then. Anyway, getting it painted would be the solution then, I guess.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
It's a little strange if you can't spec smooth wheel arches for a 4/4S then. Anyway, getting it painted would be the solution then, I guess.
not sure what kind of surface the plastic is though, and how the painted finish will look

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I presume it can be sanded and some kind of base coat laid down to smoothe it out. Not that I am a car painter of course...
Sponsored