Taycan GT3 RS / higher powered, sportier Taycan?

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Are there any plans for a model above the Turbo S?

Like a GT3 version of the Taycan?
Sponsored

seea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Singer Classic 911, Carrera GT, F430, Taycan 4S
Country flag
GT-series aren't necessarily above or below the Turbo cars...

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
GT-series aren't necessarily above or below the Turbo cars...
Hmm was thinking more along the lines of 911 GT3 RS

But basically, like a sportier, faster version of the Taycan? Above the Turbo S?

manitou202

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S, Audi E-tron
Country flag
I doubt there will be a GT version. As much as I love the Taycan, GT cars really should be the 911 and 718 platforms (maybe an electric version of those in the future).

I would like to see a GTS version. Maybe a little lower, lighter weight, with all of the performance goodies as standard. Probably less horsepower than the Turbo/S.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I doubt there will be a GT version. As much as I love the Taycan, GT cars really should be the 911 and 718 platforms (maybe an electric version of those in the future).

I would like to see a GTS version. Maybe a little lower, lighter weight, with all of the performance goodies as standard. Probably less horsepower than the Turbo/S.
But the Taycan is beautiful enough and sporty enough to merit inclusion in the 911/718 circles. The Taycan's whole strength is in being different from the S - whilst the S looks like a humdrum boring saloon the Taycan has wide hips, lower than just about any other four door car and several two door coupes - it has the look and profile of a supercar, without the rear doors you could genuinely be fooled into thinking it's a supercar. And Porsche has already defied convention by naming the trim levels Turbo and Turbo S. Why not base trim levels and power levels on the 911, and go the whole hog? With a GT2 and GT3?

And yeah, I too would prefer a version with a tiny bit more power than the Turbo S, but with drastic weight reduction/lighter batteries/both of the above.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
But the Taycan is beautiful enough and sporty enough to merit inclusion in the 911/718 circles. The Taycan's whole strength is in being different from the S - whilst the S looks like a humdrum boring saloon the Taycan has wide hips, lower than just about any other four door car and several two door coupes - it has the look and profile of a supercar, without the rear doors you could genuinely be fooled into thinking it's a supercar. And Porsche has already defied convention by naming the trim levels Turbo and Turbo S. Why not base trim levels and power levels on the 911, and go the whole hog? With a GT2 and GT3?

And yeah, I too would prefer a version with a tiny bit more power than the Turbo S, but with drastic weight reduction/lighter batteries/both of the above.
You’ll probably need solid state batteries for the weight problem, which is 5-6 years out for mass production. So it’s be a lot more likely with .2

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
You’ll probably need solid state batteries for the weight problem, which is 5-6 years out for mass production. So it’s be a lot more likely with .2
Maybe but given the Taycan is a sports car, I'd put money on Porsche plunging a lot of money into R&D for solid state batteries, releasing it in 4 years and jacking up the price, perhaps in the Taycan facelift.

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
There's no Panamera GT3 so why would there be a Taycan GT3?
It's not a sportscar, it's a sports saloon.
Because there's a 911 GT3

And the fact it has 4 doors (or is a sports saloon) doesn't stop it being being a sports car.

Besides, it'll be a good way for Porsche to explore the limits of the EV tech

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Because there's a 911 GT3

And the fact it has 4 doors (or is a sports saloon) doesn't stop it being being a sports car.

Besides, it'll be a good way for Porsche to explore the limits of the EV tech
Well, let's see what happens after Tesla's Roadster.
Then we'll know if there is a market for expensive electric sportscars.
But I don't think the Taycan is a good platform for that.
We can also look at Lotus, the Evija.

It is a very niche market and for now, in the transition to EVs it's kind of an unproven territory...
You don't invest into something you're not entirely sure of.
A four door saloon is proven by Tesla, Porsche just followed.
Maybe the Roadster will show there is a market...

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Well, let's see what happens after Tesla's Roadster.
Then we'll know if there is a market for expensive electric sportscars.
But I don't think the Taycan is a good platform for that.
We can also look at Lotus, the Evija.

It is a very niche market and for now, in the transition to EVs it's kind of an unproven territory...
You don't invest into something you're not entirely sure of.
A four door saloon is proven by Tesla, Porsche just followed.
Maybe the Roadster will show there is a market...
Yeah maybe, but I think Porsche have bet on the roadster being successful and are probably proactively hedging the Taycan as competitor to both the Model S and the Roadster

Just look at the Taycan, it's far sportier than the Model S, far lower to the ground, I think, if the Roadster's successful, Porsche will release a version of the Taycan to rival it

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yeah maybe, but I think Porsche have bet on the roadster being successful and are probably proactively hedging the Taycan as competitor to both the Model S and the Roadster

Just look at the Taycan, it's far sportier than the Model S, far lower to the ground, I think, if the Roadster's successful, Porsche will release a version of the Taycan to rival it
I would love to see a two door Taycan with a wing and diffusers...

Or maybe this is what you're looking for?
Porsche Taycan Taycan GT3 RS / higher powered, sportier Taycan? 539348

OP
OP
TheSnape

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I would love to see a two door Taycan with a wing and diffusers...

Or maybe this is what you're looking for?
View attachment 1957
That looks amazing

But why make it a two door? Part of the magic is just keeping it a four-door, but in every other respect treating it like a sportscar like the 911

Reactions: Dee

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There's no Panamera GT3 so why would there be a Taycan GT3?
It's not a sportscar, it's a sports saloon.
because they can’t risk fucking with the 911 purists until it’s perfect. The next evolution of the 911 will be a 918 style hybrid. The cayman and macan will go EV first. The .2 generation Taycan aligns very well if planned battery tech roll out. The taycan is a much safer place to experiment

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
because they can’t risk fucking with the 911 purists until it’s perfect. The next evolution of the 911 will be a 918 style hybrid. The cayman and macan will go EV first. The .2 generation Taycan aligns very well if planned battery tech roll out. The taycan is a much safer place to experiment
I think you're right and you gave the answer also: the Cayman.
It's already known this will be a EV and a much better choice to be an electric sportscar.
That way you'll keep your 911 purists, your luxurious super saloon, your electric sportscar and an electric SUV.
Pretty much the same product line like now but right along the ICE cars.
In a few years you can follow what could happen: will sales of the 911 drop and/or will electric be more popular?
Sponsored