Taycan S Release Date

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
As we said the 4S was released on the 14th October, looks like a good price point.

in terms of "Regular S" model then I’m still hearing it will be towards the end of the year but more than likely into q1 now.

Porsche’s strategy is to ship the higher value models first with the largest margin and then introduce the cheaper variants.

It’s a great tactic to pre launch with a figure of around £80k, then release an expensive variant, drum up of interest and then release a cheaper model to satisfy that demand.

Purely speculation but I would expect a 0-60 of sub 5 seconds (possibly 4.6-4.8) and a slightly cheaper price point to the 4S by around £10k / $14k
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think you will see a Taycan GT with over 1000HK in the future

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I think the Taycan with the small battery will have 330hk and boost to 430hk and the Taycan with the bigger battery 380hk and boost to 480hk..
And the range will be the longest in the Taycan line 550km wtlp with the bigger battery.

Fitzban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer was telling that a Taycan 4 will be announced by end of year. Given how Panamera 4 versus 4S differs, I'm guessing the back motor in the Taycan 4 is even smaller than the one in Taycan 4S and will come with less standard options.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
My dealer was telling that a Taycan 4 will be announced by end of year. Given how Panamera 4 versus 4S differs, I'm guessing the back motor in the Taycan 4 is even smaller than the one in Taycan 4S and will come with less standard options.
Here is my quess:
380hk/490hk Performance plus battery (best range of any taycan)
325hk/435hk performance battery

Last edited:

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Herr is my quess:
380hk/490hk Performance plus battery (best range of any taycan)
325hk/435hk performance battery
In fact if you look at Tesla they disbanded 2 wheel drive for all 4 wheel drive on the S because they could get better range from two different seize and geared motors than they could from a singe motor..... And their long range model 3 is not the single motor version but rather the dual motor version...……...

OP
OP
Austin_yeahbaby

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Porsche may very well upgrade the rear motor back to the turbo and remove the front motor.

This would result in a 2 wheel rear drive variant but without loosing too much power from the 4s.
Sponsored