Porsche Dashcam - What did I miss?

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I prefer (Porsche) OEM products, but it still is a camera that you need to stick to the windshield and you get a nasty patch when looking at it from the outside. Also the cables would be visible. I know from experience, because I've got a Blackvue in my wifes car.

In the Netherlands they sell these. Maybe not with the Porsche logo, but near invisible and not a seperate piece hanging on the side of my mirror.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dashcam - What did I miss? 1615624939889

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I agree that the integrated into the mirror cameras look the best. Do you know if that Dutch company has a website/sells to other EU countries ?

The only thing thats appealing about the Porsche camera is that when your car has a warranty problem, they can't use it as an excuse to not resolve it.

In my previous Panamera, I had a Blackvue camera (with external battery) professionally installed. I had an issue (totally unrelated to the camera) and my Porsche Centre wouldn't look at the car until the "unauthorised equipment" was removed.

Thats the thing that the Porsche stick on camera solves – potentially the only thing!

That said, maybe the neatly installed camera as shown above, wouldn't attract as much attention and wouldn't come up in warranty issues as much, etc.

Edit: This is their website - https://www.carcam.nl

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I agree that the integrated into the mirror cameras look the best. Do you know if that Dutch company has a website/sells to other EU countries ?

The only thing thats appealing about the Porsche camera is that when your car has a warranty problem, they can't use it as an excuse to not resolve it.

In my previous Panamera, I had a Blackvue camera (with external battery) professionally installed. I had an issue (totally unrelated to the camera) and my Porsche Centre wouldn't look at the car until the "unauthorised equipment" was removed.

Thats the thing that the Porsche stick on camera solves – potentially the only thing!

That said, maybe the neatly installed camera as shown above, wouldn't attract as much attention and wouldn't come up in warranty issues as much, etc.

Edit: This is their website - https://www.carcam.nl
You found the website.

I'm not to worried about issues with any camera regarding to Porsche. It only draws current, but some camera''s shut down when needed. Detach the connecter when needed and problem solved.

I am a little worried about the video quality of this camera, because I can't find any good recorded footage to determine the video quality. Also found another brand ISO, that seems to deliver similar camera's. Not a big fan of the chinese dropship items with short production time though.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I prefer (Porsche) OEM products, but it still is a camera that you need to stick to the windshield and you get a nasty patch when looking at it from the outside. Also the cables would be visible. I know from experience, because I've got a Blackvue in my wifes car.

In the Netherlands they sell these. Maybe not with the Porsche logo, but near invisible and not a seperate piece hanging on the side of my mirror.

1615624939889.png
that's a cayanne

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
They mention Taycan as an option when ordering.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Dashcam - What did I miss? Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 13.07.26

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Do you go to Porsche or any other garage to install it? Especially the back camera cable has to go through the whole car right? I have no idea about the installation.
Super easy in most cars. You just pull the door seal back and push the cable behind the doorseal or on top of the roofing. You might need a small piece of hardware to pull the cable passed the B-pillar and from the c-pillar to the middle of your rear window.

Really nothing to it and done in half an hour. Front camera is even more easy with this sytem, but I don't know if there is power in the rear mirror or do you need to tap in the fuse box.

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Anyone bought one of the dashcams mentioned above? Still waiting on my car and haven't bought a dashcam yet. Leaning to the most invisible option from carcam.

Curious to hear your experience.
Sponsored