Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
PM9AN647

Status on 03/06: car departed Emden, onboard ship Goodwood, present location (live view): https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:756386/zoom:8
(but I definitely don’t check it more than once every passing minute)

Planned arrival Houston 03/26, then in Albuquerque 04/02.
Be prepared for long periods with no updates. My car is on the Felicity Ace. That site didn’t give a location update from February 26th unit March 6th when it got to Halifax. And yeah, I might have also been refreshing the page every hour or so. I was convinced the ship sank or got lost in the Bermuda Triangle.
Sponsored

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Be prepared for long periods with no updates. My car is on the Felicity Ace. That site didn’t give a location update from February 26th unit March 6th when it got to Halifax. And yeah, I might have also been refreshing the page every hour or so. I was convinced the ship sank or got lost in the Bermuda Triangle.
I actually hope for a two-week delay in the 4 April scheduled delivery, as 18 April or 1 May would work better with planned reductions in my current collection of house-guest's cars. Plus, I'm the twisted type that delights in the elongated anticipation.

The live marine tracking link I posted should keep me abreast of the ship's positioning, so I'll be able to detect movements within MarineTraffic Terrestrial Automatic Identification System system (AIS) signal on its way to Houston. Then it's just matter of port inspection and a three-day drive (plus time for stops, possibly) across Texas, which I'm certain you know is sized like a vast country, (or Canadian province), before it gets to me in New Mexico. Then it's another few days to get the PPF/ceramic and window tint.

So I'm not too worried.

Glad to know yours made it to Halifax!

Last edited:

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Porsche tracker uses info from MarineTraffic Terrestrial Automatic Identification System system (AIS) which goes out of signal range when the ship is far from shoreline. For example, my Turbo-carrying good ship Goodwood, currently crossing the Atlantic:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...86/mmsi:636016606/imo:9701140/vessel:GOODWOOD

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
The Porsche tracker uses info from MarineTraffic Terrestrial Automatic Identification System system (AIS) which goes out of signal range when the ship is far from shoreline. For example, my Turbo-carrying good ship Goodwood, currently crossing the Atlantic:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ai...86/mmsi:636016606/imo:9701140/vessel:GOODWOOD
use fleetmon on the web and make a free account. The web version uses the AIS and My boat was never out of range for more than a few minutes. The app for fleetmon doesn't use AIS so you can go days without an update. Let me know if it works for you.

https://www.fleetmon.com/

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
According to MyPorsche, my car completed production 4 days ahead of schedule and is in transit to Emden. Better yet, the scheduled arrival date at the dealer has been moved up 2 weeks From May 14 to April 30. Hoping this is all accurate.

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
According to MyPorsche, my car completed production 4 days ahead of schedule and is in transit to Emden. Better yet, the scheduled arrival date at the dealer has been moved up 2 weeks From May 14 to April 30. Hoping this is all accurate.
I'm in the same boat as you (pun intended).

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
use fleetmon on the web and make a free account. The web version uses the AIS and My boat was never out of range for more than a few minutes. The app for fleetmon doesn't use AIS so you can go days without an update. Let me know if it works for you.

https://www.fleetmon.com/

Works great, thanks!

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Most of us are waiting at the port for software updates as mine isn’t scheduled to be released from the port until March 24. Will have been at the port almost three weeks by then. I hope your times stick. Ocean voyages are weather dependent and my 14 day boat trip took 24 days. Keep us posted.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I thought I had posted an update here but now I can’t find it. Weird.

My Taycan is about 3 days ahead of schedule. It arrived at port Emden today.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Most of us are waiting at the port for software updates as mine isn’t scheduled to be released from the port until March 24. Will have been at the port almost three weeks by then. I hope your times stick. Ocean voyages are weather dependent and my 14 day boat trip took 24 days. Keep us posted.
Thanks. I've been through this waiting game a number of times so I'm aware that things can go awry on occasion. Hopefully you will get your software issue resolved soon and my car won't have the same problem. Anyway, good luck and I'll post when I know more.

KK84

First Name
Karol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Taycan 4 Cross Turismo (on order)
Country flag
Ordered Cross Turismo 4 today (with paperwork to be finalized next week as dealer needs to check one issue for me i.e. whether with only pano roof but without roof rails, which I do not want, it would be possible to order some sort roof luggage system from tequpiment later on).
Build slot in June, delivery in July.

LuigiF1

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S 981, Taycan Ordered 6/4 Delivery.
Country flag
Hello Everyone, after weeks on the configurator I signed my final build sheet for my RWD Taycan yesterday 3/10. It locks on monday 3/15 and delivery is 6/4.

I was getting emails for Track my Dream. I signed up but nothing is found when I sign in yet. Dealer said it might take a couple weeks until I see movement.

Build http://www.porsche-code.com/PMM96CE0
or
Carrera White
21 Mission E
Wheels painted in exterior color
All Season 21
Black Interior standard
Power Seats 14 way
Massage with Ventilation
Power Folding exterior Mirrors
Window trim in high gloss black
Rear logo in high gloss black
Electronic sport sound
Performance Battery + 93.4kw
PASM
Sport Chrono
PSCB
Rear Axle
PTV+
Glacier Blue Rear
Panorama Roof
Ambient Lighting
Heated steering wheel GT
Smoking package
Bose
Electronic Charge port open

In meantime was told to get 14-50 50 amp installed in the garage/fuse box area. Any other pre-work I should be doing in next 3 months?

Thanks,
Dan

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had 3 weeks delay because of the chip shortage (at least thats what they said). Collecting next friday after ordering end of november. Cannot wait o_O

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
Looks like things are moving right along. Revised dates.

PM73CP48
Placed order with dealer: 29 January 2021
Vehicle fix date: 11 February 2021
Vehicle entry to body shop: 19 February 2021
Vehicle exit production: 25 February 2021
Vehicle completion: 25 February 2021
Entry port Emden: 01 March 2021
Expected exit port Emden: 19 March 2021
Expected entry port San Diego, CA: 23 April 2021
Expected exit Port San Diego, CA: 23 April 2021
Estimated delivery date (Honolulu, HI): 30 April 2021
New revised dates.