Taycan Waiting Room: Who has ordered and a delivery date?

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
I ordered one too, have a 6/25 delivery date.

Ordered Cross Turismo 4 today (with paperwork to be finalized next week as dealer needs to check one issue for me i.e. whether with only pano roof but without roof rails, which I do not want, it would be possible to order some sort roof luggage system from tequpiment later on).
Build slot in June, delivery in July.
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
So, my 4S finished production 4 days early and arrived in Emden on 3/10. It was scheduled to be on a boat by 4/2 which seemed like a long time to wait in port but, oh well. Delivery scheduled for 5/7.

Now the tracking web site shows that everything has been pushed out 2 weeks; on a boat by 4/16 and not delivered until 5/21. If true, that means the car will be sitting in departure port for a month before it's shipped. Ugh.

I've sent my salesman an email to see if he knows what's going on.

Satin_Volcano

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2016 Gt3RS
Country flag
Mine was released from Canadian Customs last week and should be on a truck headed my way...Cant wait

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
So, my 4S finished production 4 days early and arrived in Emden on 3/10. It was scheduled to be on a boat by 4/2 which seemed like a long time to wait in port but, oh well. Delivery scheduled for 5/7.

Now the tracking web site shows that everything has been pushed out 2 weeks; on a boat by 4/16 and not delivered until 5/21. If true, that means the car will be sitting in departure port for a month before it's shipped. Ugh.

I've sent my salesman an email to see if he knows what's going on.
Mine left Emden on 2/12 and isn't scheduled to be released from Jacksonville until 3/29 and the boat landed in Jacksonville on 3/8. The port wait is usually as long as the boat trip over. My car was sent to Emden on 1/27 and sat there until it went on the boat on 2/12. Be patient as delays are part of ordering a Porsche.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Mine was released from Canadian Customs last week and should be on a truck headed my way...Cant wait
I was on the same boat but don’t have an update where mine is. I am in Toronto. Hoping to get before Easter.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My ETA was just pushed out an additional two weeks, so something is up. I suspect a combination of 19.2kW charger swaps and software upgrades being done at the destination port are to blame.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My ETA was just pushed out an additional two weeks, so something is up. I suspect a combination of 19.2kW charger swaps and software upgrades being done at the destination port are to blame.
I thought you canceled your order due to P&C?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Mine left Emden on 2/12 and isn't scheduled to be released from Jacksonville until 3/29 and the boat landed in Jacksonville on 3/8. The port wait is usually as long as the boat trip over. My car was sent to Emden on 1/27 and sat there until it went on the boat on 2/12. Be patient as delays are part of ordering a Porsche.
Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a half dozen Porsches so I'm familiar with the waiting game but this is the first time that I've experienced a potential wait as long as a month at the jump off point in Emden. I will try to be patient, however: like I have a choice? :)

BTW, I didn't order the 19.2kW charger which has apparently been a hang up for some other folks so the delay must be due to something else.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Got my Porsche account connected to my car and ordered all functions like Porsche Charging and other stuff. Picking it up this friday. Losing my mind while counting the seconds!

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I thought you canceled your order due to P&C?
So did I. The car is still en route, and I still have access to it. The problem is the alternative is going to cost me more and delivery keeps getting pushed out - I’ll be waiting an additional five months or more. Since I’ve already sold my car, waiting that long would be a challenge. I’m waiting to see what Porsche offers. Apparently they will be offering something to those impacted who decide to take delivery knowing the feature will never work. If I pass and order a new car they won’t do anything.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a half dozen Porsches so I'm familiar with the waiting game but this is the first time that I've experienced a potential wait as long as a month at the jump off point in Emden. I will try to be patient, however: like I have a choice? :)

BTW, I didn't order the 19.2kW charger which has apparently been a hang up for some other folks so the delay must be due to something else.
The main delay at the port (for US cars) is the software update for all Taycans, Panameras and Cayennes. I was told that all sold cars get first priority to get completed at the port and then shipped to the dealer or PEC. I know of some soon to be owners that are waiting for both the 19.2kW issue as well as the software update. From what I have learned, the software updates was to start at the 4 US ports today and be completed as soon as possible. There is a backlog of cars at the 4 ports because of this update requirement to be done at the port and not requiring it to be done at the dealer (some say it is because it is cheaper and easier to have it done at the port versus PORSCHE being charged for the update time at a dealership). All I know is I hope my car is released by the 3/29 date on TMD and at PECATL prior to my scheduled delivery of 3/31.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So did I. The car is still en route, and I still have access to it. The problem is the alternative is going to cost me more and delivery keeps getting pushed out - I’ll be waiting an additional five months or more. Since I’ve already sold my car, waiting that long would be a challenge. I’m waiting to see what Porsche offers. Apparently they will be offering something to those impacted who decide to take delivery knowing the feature will never work. If I pass and order a new car they won’t do anything.
I hope things work out for you and they come up with a satisfactory solution. I doubt they’ll offer me anything since I had an opportunity to remove the 19.2kW charger and declined knowing the consequences.

Diemme79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 630, Taycan 4s
Country flag
How do you check the status of your order? I was only told that mine would be in production during week 11 and that I should expect delivery at the beginning of April but I don’t know if that is confirmed

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag