First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Appreciate this forum! I know the issues I'm about post were discussed here before but I decided to still post them before making my decision on what design I order.

I am fixed in the exterior color - Blue Neptune.

Interior I was thinking the alcantara (ecological) but was talked out of it for apparently not so nice plastic being used in it. So I am left with 2 options in leather:
Bramble or Basalt Black / Atacama Beige. The second option would go wit the wheel in Alcantara (Race-Tex option) while in the first the wheel will stay in Bramble leather. Would appreciate any feedback on which of the 2 options is superior.

The other dilemma I have is whether to go with the SportDesign or not for the exterior. My doubt here is not for financial reasons but purely cosmic about which of the 2 looks better. There seems to be little difference to me to be honest but maybe I'm missing something. What do you guys think are the downsides of the SportDesign in comparison to the standard design?

The weals design I am thinking to go with are the Mission E in Black with Blue Neptune on the edges. I am told these have to come together with the PSCB brakes - anyone know anything negative about these kind of brakes?

That's about it. This is going to be my first EV and I'm super excited so I hope it will live to my expectations. Any additional advice you have, please shoot!

All the best,
Guy

Porsche Taycan Soon to be a Taycan owner! Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 00.12.46

Porsche Taycan Soon to be a Taycan owner! Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 00.15.22

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Awesome spec ?

I don't see a rear angle picture. I'm curious if you got the "Porsche" in blue lettering and how that would look.

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Appreciate this forum! I know the issues I'm about post were discussed here before but I decided to still post them before making my decision on what design I order.

I am fixed in the exterior color - Blue Neptune.

Interior I was thinking the alcantara (ecological) but was talked out of it for apparently not so nice plastic being used in it. So I am left with 2 options in leather:
Bramble or Basalt Black / Atacama Beige. The second option would go wit the wheel in Alcantara (Race-Tex option) while in the first the wheel will stay in Bramble leather. Would appreciate any feedback on which of the 2 options is superior.

The other dilemma I have is whether to go with the SportDesign or not for the exterior. My doubt here is not for financial reasons but purely cosmic about which of the 2 looks better. There seems to be little difference to me to be honest but maybe I'm missing something. What do you guys think are the downsides of the SportDesign in comparison to the standard design?

The weals design I am thinking to go with are the Mission E in Black with Blue Neptune on the edges. I am told these have to come together with the PSCB brakes - anyone know anything negative about these kind of brakes?

That's about it. This is going to be my first EV and I'm super excited so I hope it will live to my expectations. Any additional advice you have, please shoot!

All the best,
Guy

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 00.12.46.png

Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 00.15.22.png
there is a similar one you can see pictures of for the exterior Taycan Neptune blue

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
Love that color! Looks great with those wheels too.

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Love the color. That is on my list for mine.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congratulations.

I have the sport design on my car. I doubt few will notice that you have it, but you will know you are a little different from all the others on the road. Financially it doesn't make sense.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
The other dilemma I have is whether to go with the SportDesign or not for the exterior.
FWIW, I spec’ed the SportDesign Front Fascia because my wife said the regular front looks like sad eyes.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
Basalt Black/ Atacama beige has my vote - you'll never get tired of it. As for the SportDesign, although subtle from the rear and side, the front Fascia is noticeably different. It boils down to a personal choice in aesthetics between having slimmer or wider side vents. I personally like the narrower side vents in keeping with the original Mission E concept. Other than that, great specs.

OP
OP
Guy A

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Basalt Black/ Atacama beige has my vote - you'll never get tired of it. As for the SportDesign, although subtle from the rear and side, the front Fascia is noticeably different. It boils down to a personal choice in aesthetics between having slimmer or wider side vents. I personally like the narrower side vents in keeping with the original Mission E concept. Other than that, great specs.
Thanks a lot for the feedback! Went back and forth this morning with the interior and I decided to go with Bramble just cause it's different and Beige has it's downside on the long run with maintenance in my humble opinion. I also decided to go without the SportDesign.

The only question left for me at the moment is the Mission-E rims as they are mandatory with the PSCB brakes, which I am told have a poor reputation! Any insight on that one would be very helpful.

OP
OP
Guy A

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
You chose the best color.

what are your thoughts on this color combo with the Olea leather option?

20210213_114335.jpg

20210213_114354.jpg

20210213_114406.jpg

20210213_114252.jpg

20210213_114239.jpg

The exterior looks lovely on the picture you posted!! About the interior seem like it's truffle brown which looks lovely on the configurator. If this is what it looks like in real life then it's a bit disappointing. I think the best options for the Blue Neptune are Bramble, Atacama Beige or the Graphite Blue Race-Tex option. Reason I didn't go with the Race-TEX is that I am told there are many plastic elements in the interior of the car with this option.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
The exterior looks lovely on the picture you posted!! About the interior seem like it's truffle brown which looks lovely on the configurator. If this is what it looks like in real life then it's a bit disappointing. I think the best options for the Blue Neptune are Bramble, Atacama Beige or the Graphite Blue Race-Tex option. Reason I didn't go with the Race-TEX is that I am told there are many plastic elements in the interior of the car with this option.
The truffle is a dark brown, but I agree with you on your choice.
I also agree with the Race-Tex being too plastic. That material isn't conducive for a car at this price range.

I conducted a poll on interiors and only 15% of Taycan owners had the Race-Tex option.

OP
OP
Guy A

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Hey guys,

having some second thoughts about whether I should go with Neptune blue. I fear I might grow tired of the color with time. Silver is the most common color used for this car from what I see... black and white are too standard so what are we left with???

maybe red? My 6 y.o. daughter sure says red(

Is it Carmine Red in this video?

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hey guys,

having some second thoughts about whether I should go with Neptune blue. I fear I might grow tired of the color with time. Silver is the most common color used for this car from what I see... black and white are too standard so what are we left with???

maybe red? My 6 y.o. daughter sure says red(

Is it Carmine Red in this video?
Yes, it's Carmine Red like mine. I took pictures with different white balance on photo app. In real it looks mostly like the last picture.

Porsche Taycan Soon to be a Taycan owner! 20210207_140636

Porsche Taycan Soon to be a Taycan owner! 20210207_140646

Porsche Taycan Soon to be a Taycan owner! 20210207_140654