Anyone in the US take delivery recently?

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine has been in country for over a month and has not been released from the port as it waits for the SW update- allegedly going to be released in a week... we'll see...
Which port? Porsche issued guidance last week to prioritize "sold" cars for the updates - so should help move things along.
Sponsored

ejcintr

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s, F150
Country flag
Which port? Porsche issued guidance last week to prioritize "sold" cars for the updates - so should help move things along.
Benicia CA- POE for us in NorCal.. I am assuming I am prioritized.... but who knows.....

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Benicia CA- POE for us in NorCal.. I am assuming I am prioritized.... but who knows.....
I think ping the dealer. Say you've heard that pre-sold orders are being prioritized and you want to make sure you are. P.S. you didn't hear this from me :bandit:

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Mine has been in country for over a month and has not been released from the port as it waits for the SW update- allegedly going to be released in a week... we'll see...
Mine arrived in Jacksonville on 3/8 and I was told it will be delivered (post software update) at PECATL on 3/31. It hasn’t changed from Port Entry since 3/9 so I am hoping it gets on a truck this coming week or Monday 3/29 so I can pick it up on 3/31. Not sure how many sold Taycans are sitting at the Jax terminal but I know of one red one looking for its owner.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine arrived in Jacksonville on 3/8 and I was told it will be delivered (post software update) at PECATL on 3/31. It hasn’t changed from Port Entry since 3/9 so I am hoping it gets on a truck this coming week or Monday 3/29 so I can pick it up on 3/31. Not sure how many sold Taycans are sitting at the Jax terminal but I know of one red one looking for its owner.
From my understanding, it won't necessarily change status and at one point will just show as being on a truck - probably this week for you.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
My car has been at Emden since 3/10. Two ships have left since, including one last night with a next stop of Baltimore (my port). It appears my car isn’t on it. Looking at the schedule, my next chance is 3/31-4/3, however with the recent +2 week delay on tack my dream, I think it’s going to end up on the Mediterranean Highway departing 4/16-17, arriving Baltimore 4/30. That would be ~37 days sitting at Emden. Track my dream is estimating to the dealer on 5/7. Production complete was 3/8, so 2 months production to dealer.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has been at Emden since 3/10. Two ships have left since, including one last night with a next stop of Baltimore (my port). It appears my car isn’t on it. Looking at the schedule, my next chance is 3/31-4/3, however with the recent +2 week delay on tack my dream, I think it’s going to end up on the Mediterranean Highway departing 4/16-17, arriving Baltimore 4/30. That would be ~37 days sitting at Emden. Track my dream is estimating to the dealer on 5/7. Production complete was 3/8, so 2 months production to dealer.
Wow. Mine sat at Emden for 3 weeks and I thought it was long. It ended up on the Medeteranean Highway which landed in RI last week. I'm hearing tons of delivery delays across every manufacturer now unfortunately. Porsche is prioritizing the Taycan though.

nicks-taycan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine has been in Houston since last week. Ship from Emden was the Felicity Ace. Original ETA 3/16, current ETA in TYD is 3/26 but that seems in question. Fingers crossed cars are on trucks soon.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just as an update - a couple of the Jan/Feb orders are now making it to the dealerships for distribution. I'm not pushing to prioritize mine (rather have others get their cars first), but still expect delivery in the next 1-2 weeks.

nicks-taycan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just as an update - a couple of the Jan/Feb orders are now making it to the dealerships for distribution. I'm not pushing to prioritize mine (rather have others get their cars first), but still expect delivery in the next 1-2 weeks.
That's super helpful ... I received an email yesterday to set up Porsche Connect, but no other updates. Mine is still at the Houston port, ETA in TYD is in 2 days but I'm guessing it will be pushed out again.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's super helpful ... I received an email yesterday to set up Porsche Connect, but no other updates. Mine is still at the Houston port, ETA in TYD is in 2 days but I'm guessing it will be pushed out again.
The online info isn't very accurate right now. I know someone for whom it says "at port" while the dealership already has the car. For me personally, it shows that my car floated away to Texas (see below), while I know it's at port in RI. Porsche is backlogged at all ports, BUT has officially started prioritizing a week ago - top priority is Taycan RWD. 2nd is pre-sold Taycans. Cayenne's currently lowest priority and are being pushed back 30-60 days.

Porsche Taycan Anyone in the US take delivery recently? My-Porsche

Last edited:

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Track my dream was working pretty well for my 4S until the car went on the boat at Emden. The Goodwood arrived in Baltimore, my port, last Friday and left of Saturday or Sunday. The TMD website still shows the car as being on the ship, and the ship track now has it at what appears to be Jacksonville, FL. And, TMD continues to show expected arrival at my dealer outside Washington DC in 2 days. I assume the car was off-loaded in Baltimore, but I have no confirmation of that and no clear idea when it may be released for the short transport to the dealer.

Porsche Taycan Anyone in the US take delivery recently? Untitled

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Track my dream was working pretty well for my 4S until the car went on the boat at Emden. The Goodwood arrived in Baltimore, my port, last Friday and left of Saturday or Sunday. The TMD website still shows the car as being on the ship, and the ship track now has it at what appears to be Jacksonville, FL. And, TMD continues to show expected arrival at my dealer outside Washington DC in 2 days. I assume the car was off-loaded in Baltimore, but I have no confirmation of that and no clear idea when it may be released for the short transport to the dealer.

Untitled.png
Same here, worked fine until port arrival. PM me your build code, last name or any other info, I can have someone check where it's at.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
The Goodwood arrived in Baltimore, my port, last Friday and left of Saturday or Sunday.
My Turbo is also being transported on this voyage of the good ship Goodwood, but mine should get off the boat in Houston. After that, I figure up to a few weeks with it stuck in processing in Houston, or maybe just two days and a night. Then I give it up to a week to cross Texas. It's due for delivery on 2 April, but I'm prepared to muster my patience until May, if need be.

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag

Untitled.png
Exactly the same for me. My dealer confirmed it is in fact in Baltimore (and not still on the Goodwood!!)