Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
The colour is strikingly similar. Here is Malcolm Campbell’s Bentley 4.5 Litre at the Lakeland Motor Museum in the Lake District National Park U.K. There is an evocative Donald Campbell exhibition
Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club 1614898652851
Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club 1614898652851

TaycanATL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4s, Tesla X Performance, F150
Country flag
I picked up my '21 4s in Neptune Blue (color was stunning in person - pics below) at the Porsche Experience Center last week. Really fun experience. Started with a tour of the museum where they had a Porsche in the movies exhibit (including the 928 from Risky Business and the 356 from Top Gun). Then a really impressive lunch at their restaurant overlooking the track. Next came the delivery of my car where they take you to a special suite of rooms set up just for you and my car was veiled with a car cover that they ceremoniously whipped off.

Next, I spent 90 minutes on the track with an instructor in one of their cars. The driving was truly impressive. The only question in my mind before was whether I would regret not getting the Turbo since my wife's Tesla X Performance is faster 0-60. But any doubts were dispelled. Not only was the acceleration in Sport Mode whiplash producing, the cornering abilities of this car were astounding. Also unexpected was how difficult it was to get in trouble with the car, even on the polished concrete wet skidpad. You had to turn off traction control and really try hard to spin the car, which I did of course.

Overall, the car initially felt like a heavy sedan (I've owned M5s and an M3 in the past and this feels heavier) but its low center of gravity combined with rear wheel steering made it fee like I was in a go cart on the track. The more I drove it, the more confident I became in its preciseness. Very fun and ,in my opinion, the most beautiful sedan in the world.

While I was driving their car, they took mine around the PEC for a photo shoot (see below) before handing it over to me. Overall, kudus to Porsche and the PEC for a fantastic car and really fun day.

P.S. Of the many options I ordered, my favorites today are the thermally insulated glass (very quiet) and rear wheel steering which makes parking deceptively easy.

Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club IMG_4472.JPG
Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club IMG_4416.JPG

Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club IMG_4439.JPG
Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club IMG_4339.JPG

Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club IMG_4429.JPG

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Neptune Blue is a little behind the other colors in terms of photos available, so please feel free to post more shots! I'd love to see some more photos in a natural state and less photo shoot-esque (although my word does it look beautiful in those conditions!!)

Pretty please? With sugar on top? :CWL:

tomasu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
This color is still very confusing to me. It looks completely different in some photos. So which one is it in real life?

Porsche Taycan NEPTUNE BLUE Taycan Club Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 20.17.18

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Just picked up my neptune blue yesterday. It's beautiful!! Much more distinctive than gentian blue, but not ostentatious. Mine is pictured w/sport design in high gloss black, trim high gloss black, and interior with Olea Truffle brown leather and Paldao Wood. What looks like dirt on the rear trim from sport design package, is a reflection of the gravel road beneath. Lighting is an overcast winter day.

IMG_8817.jpg

IMG_8828.jpeg

IMG_8842.jpeg

IMG_8843.jpeg

IMG_8849.jpeg
Wow this just made my day!!! Went for the same exterior look and it is just stunning in real life!!! Could be happier to see ur pictures :)

AhsanU

First Name
Ahsan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GT3
Country flag
This color is still very confusing to me. It looks completely different in some photos. So which one is it in real life?

Screenshot 2021-03-21 at 20.17.18.png
I’ve seen it in person and the honest answer is - depends on lighting. A lot of these paints look different depending on the type of light, overcast weather, etc. These photos make it even more difficult because there’s also the camera factor to take in. Best thing to do is to go see one in person. I personally loved Frozen Berry in person, but not so much in photos. Also enjoyed Frozen Blue and Ice Grey. I am on the fence about Mamba Green because I haven’t seen it in person yet.

tomasu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve seen it in person and the honest answer is - depends on lighting. A lot of these paints look different depending on the type of light, overcast weather, etc. These photos make it even more difficult because there’s also the camera factor to take in. Best thing to do is to go see one in person. I personally loved Frozen Berry in person, but not so much in photos. Also enjoyed Frozen Blue and Ice Grey. I am on the fence about Mamba Green because I haven’t seen it in person yet.
Yeah, you are right. Unfortunately seeing one in person is impossible at the moment as there are no Neptune Blue showroom cars. It does look like there's a hint of purple on certain light conditions which I don't like but then again it could be the camera. Maybe blue is a difficult color for cameras in general. I remember being shocked the first time I saw Miami Blue as it was so different from the photos I had seen online.

Thanks anyway!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

Neptune

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
IMO This is the truest representation of the color. I agree indoor lighting can change it a lot. This photo Is clear light without direct sun using an unfiltered camera lens

8A0F8B09-1C48-4E8B-B752-E4D0FD2825C1.jpeg
That's why I love this colour. In the sunlight its a crazy fluorescent blue but under all other lighting conditions it's a conservative blue.

Guy A

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW X7
Country flag
Hi you all! I am very proud that I sticked to my initial choice of Neptune Blue.

Why do you think the color is not as popular assume other colours? It being a new special colour for the Taycan and all.

Do you think it has something to do with it not being metallic? Seems Crayon is also not very popular with this car.
Sponsored