No Software Updates/Improvements since June (2020) delivery?

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I got my Taycan Turbo last June, drove it through November then had it away until now. Late October last year I had to stop into the dealer briefly to address a small issue and they told me there was a software update available at that time, but I didn't have time for them to install it. I just called to make an appointment to get said software update, and the guy told me that the 'campaign' had been canceled and there was no software update available for my car. He also said that software update was safety related anyway, and would not be related to user functionality. I have found the PCM to be unbelievably buggy and just generally sub-par, so am pretty disappointed that there haven't been any improvements so far. I've not been active on these boards, so apologies if this has been discussed, just wanted to make sure I am getting accurate information from the dealer that there is no software update since the initial launch of the car?
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I got my Taycan Turbo last June, drove it through November then had it away until now. Late October last year I had to stop into the dealer briefly to address a small issue and they told me there was a software update available at that time, but I didn't have time for them to install it. I just called to make an appointment to get said software update, and the guy told me that the 'campaign' had been canceled and there was no software update available for my car. He also said that software update was safety related anyway, and would not be related to user functionality. I have found the PCM to be unbelievably buggy and just generally sub-par, so am pretty disappointed that there haven't been any improvements so far. I've not been active on these boards, so apologies if this has been discussed, just wanted to make sure I am getting accurate information from the dealer that there is no software update since the initial launch of the car?
There was a software update in August that had to be done at the dealer. I would think it is still valid. I know that it has been discussed on the forum.
It had to be performed on my July deliver vehicle that I purchased in October prior to my dealer being able to sell the vehicle.
It has been solid, not real issues.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
There was an update for the inverters last year.
Now there's a big update for all cars.
MY20: WMA5 for update to MY21 spec (takes at least 8 hours).
MY21: WMA6 (takes 4-5 hours).

You'll be informed by email, letter or dealer.

Porsche Taycan No Software Updates/Improvements since June (2020) delivery? 0BA6530D-B727-4BE2-8C9F-62E91CEF07F7

Porsche Taycan No Software Updates/Improvements since June (2020) delivery? 083EB640-FC28-4947-ACFB-843190B69968

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
Amazing how uniformed dealers continue to be!

Catkin

First Name
Catkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got my email for 2020 taycan 4s firmware update. So hold tight!

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@Catkin Looking forward to see what it says. Thank you in advance.

Catkin

First Name
Catkin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
@Catkin Looking forward to see what it says. Thank you in advance.
Its in Estonian - so quick google translate:

2020 TAYCAN

Charging
- Charging Planner features have been expanded. For example, you can now set the battery level at which your vehicle must arrive at a predetermined destination.
- By planning an activated route during the loading process, both the vehicle and the application can inform the driver that the load required to complete the rest of the route has been reached and it is possible to continue driving.
- Home charging has also been improved and login to Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with activated device protection has been simplified.
- During the charging process, the connected vehicle and the current battery charge status are displayed on the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect screen.
- With the new charging function, the charging capacity can be reduced from 270 kilowatts to 200 kilowatts if desired to save battery power. The resulting lower battery temperature during charging will further extend battery life.

Chassis and driving comfort
- The new Smart Lift function allows the Taycan to be programmed to automatically raise the body at certain points, such as speed thresholds or garage entrances.
- Further optimization of the suspension system application improves driving dynamics and performance.
Comfort
- Seat and ergonomic positions are now also saved using the guest profile and are available again after a restart.

Porsche Connect and Porsche Communication Center (PCM)
- Improvements have also been made to navigation, such as the display of online information directly on the map and lane-based traffic information.
- Apple Car Play is now wireless. Once you've linked your Apple ID to your vehicle, you can also use Apple Podcasts, including video streaming and Apple Music Lyrics.
- For the upcoming 10-year period, you will also receive the new Porsche Connect Care package with fault call function. Porsche Connect Care will be activated through the Porsche Connect online store from March 2021.

Last edited:

mc9er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2021 Audi Q7
Country flag
My car just hit port in the United States on Thursday. Dealer says it should come with the update already on it… But I am not 100% certain they are correct. Does anyone know where in the car to check for the update number... And what that number is for a model year 2021? Thanks!!

OP
OP
TriTaycan

TriTaycan

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There was an update for the inverters last year.
Now there's a big update for all cars.
MY20: WMA5 for update to MY21 spec (takes at least 8 hours).
MY21: WMA6 (takes 4-5 hours).

You'll be informed by email, letter or dealer.
Thank you for this! I just called the dealer back and talked to a different service consultant. He knew about this update and said my car won't be eligible until I receive the e-mail or letter. Not sure why the slow roll out, it's kind of disappointing they won't just install it for me, but will definitely look forward to this update.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag

2020 TAYCAN

Charging
- Charging Planner features have been expanded. For example, you can now set the battery level at which your vehicle must arrive at a predetermined destination.
- By planning an activated route during the loading process, both the vehicle and the application can inform the driver that the load required to complete the rest of the route has been reached and it is possible to continue driving.
- Home charging has also been improved and login to Porsche Mobile Charger Connect with activated device protection has been simplified.
- During the charging process, the connected vehicle and the current battery charge status are displayed on the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect screen.
- With the new charging function, the charging capacity can be reduced from 270 kilowatts to 200 kilowatts if desired to save battery power. The resulting lower battery temperature during charging will further extend battery life.

- The new Smart Lift function allows the Taycan to be programmed to automatically raise the body at certain points, such as speed thresholds or garage entrances.
- Further optimization of the suspension system application improves driving dynamics and performance.
Comfort
- Seat and ergonomic positions are now also saved using the guest profile and are available again after a restart.

- Improvements have also been made to navigation, such as the display of online information directly on the map and lane-based traffic information.
- Apple Car Play is now wireless. Once you've linked your Apple ID to your vehicle, you can also use Apple Podcasts, including video streaming and Apple Music Lyrics.
- For the upcoming 10-year period, you will also receive the new Porsche Connect Care package with fault call function. Porsche Connect Care will be activated through the Porsche Connect online store from March 2021.
You're making a lot of people happy with this post :D

raymort

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2020
Country flag

2020 TAYCAN

Charging

Comfort

Thanks!!

Also, does anyone know what Porsche Connect Care is?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks!!

Also, does anyone know what Porsche Connect Care is?
It's some kind of remote access for Porsche technicians in case you have an error while driving. They can access the car and check what is going on and help you to continue driving.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
My car just hit port in the United States on Thursday. Dealer says it should come with the update already on it… But I am not 100% certain they are correct. Does anyone know where in the car to check for the update number... And what that number is for a model year 2021? Thanks!!
To answer your question from my view, my 4S has been at Jacksonville terminal since 3/8 waiting on the update as they won't ship to dealers/PEC until the software is updated. You are in line to get the update at your port based on what number you are and you get priority over non sold Taycans. Remember that there were at least two boats ahead of you (maybe more) that had sold Taycans on them so it just depends on how many are ahead of you. The in port updates only started getting software on 3/16. I am scheduled to have my car trucked to PECATL on or before 3/29 with a 3/31 delivery. Based on my wait at the port, it looks like it is about 2 plus weeks for software updates before you move to delivery. What does your TYD app say?
Sponsored