Anyone in the US take delivery recently?

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
My car has been at Emden since 3/10. Two ships have left since, including one last night with a next stop of Baltimore (my port). It appears my car isn’t on it. Looking at the schedule, my next chance is 3/31-4/3, however with the recent +2 week delay on tack my dream, I think it’s going to end up on the Mediterranean Highway departing 4/16-17, arriving Baltimore 4/30. That would be ~37 days sitting at Emden. Track my dream is estimating to the dealer on 5/7. Production complete was 3/8, so 2 months production to dealer.
Mine has also been at Emden since 3/10 and Track My Dream says it won't leave until 4/16 although my salesman's internal schedule from Porsche presently shows it leaving on 4/9. :confused:

Does anyone know if cars headed for the 2 coasts come over on different ships with different routes? Or does one vessel make all the stops along the way from the East Coast to Benicia, CA (my POE)?
Sponsored

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Mine has also been at Emden since 3/10 and Track My Dream says it won't leave until 4/16 although my salesman's internal schedule from Porsche presently shows it leaving on 4/9. :confused:

Does anyone know if cars headed for the 2 coasts come over on different ships with different routes? Or does one vessel make all the stops along the way from the East Coast to Benicia, CA (my POE)?
Different vessels have different routes. Try:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-order-tracking-guide-v-codes-status-explained.1112/

Go to this website: http://www.pwl.de/en
On the middle right side of the screen under “Liner Schedules” select trade lane “US West - and East Coast"
Then under select carrier choose “Volkswagen Konzernlogistik Export”

Your web browser will download a PDF file containing the shipping schedule for the next month.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
Different vessels have different routes. Try:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/taycan-order-tracking-guide-v-codes-status-explained.1112/

Go to this website: http://www.pwl.de/en
On the middle right side of the screen under “Liner Schedules” select trade lane “US West - and East Coast"
Then under select carrier choose “Volkswagen Konzernlogistik Export”

Your web browser will download a PDF file containing the shipping schedule for the next month.
Thanks. Interestingly, that PDF shows no dates for either San Diego or Benicia on the West Coast, for any of the vessels, although there are dates for arrival in Mexico. I know that in the past, vehicles that I've ordered have been on ships that stopped in Mexico on the way to California so maybe the missing dates don't mean much.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Exactly the same for me. My dealer confirmed it is in fact in Baltimore (and not still on the Goodwood!!)
The Track system seems to lag at least a day behind. I thought they hadn't taken my car off the boat (SIem Aristotle) in Jacksonville as I saw it saying it was still on the boat headed out to sea. PEC confirmed it was off the boat. Now the same thing has happened where PECATL says they have the car and the Track your dream system says it is still on the truck. The system is better than nothing and does seem to match up to what the dealer can tell you. After a very long wait, my delivery is scheduled at PECATL on 3/31. For those who wonder, car locked 12/13, started production 1/18, finished production 1/25, left Emden on 2/12 and arrived in Jacksonville 3/8 and left Jacksonville today 3/24. The Cayenne we had produced took the least amount of time I have ever heard at a total of 57 days. Taycan 108 days from lock to delivery.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The Track system seems to lag at least a day behind. I thought they hadn't taken my car off the boat (SIem Aristotle) in Jacksonville as I saw it saying it was still on the boat headed out to sea. PEC confirmed it was off the boat. Now the same thing has happened where PECATL says they have the car and the Track your dream system says it is still on the truck. The system is better than nothing and does seem to match up to what the dealer can tell you. After a very long wait, my delivery is scheduled at PECATL on 3/31. For those who wonder, car locked 12/13, started production 1/18, finished production 1/25, left Emden on 2/12 and arrived in Jacksonville 3/8 and left Jacksonville today 3/24. The Cayenne we had produced took the least amount of time I have ever heard at a total of 57 days. Taycan 108 days from lock to delivery.
3/8-3/24 was the weird port delay I've been seeing. I've seen it be even worse in the north east lately. It seems to be a mix of a backlog and the Porsche stop-sale updates.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
3/8-3/24 was the weird port delay I've been seeing. I've seen it be even worse in the north east lately. It seems to be a mix of a backlog and the Porsche stop-sale updates.
It has to do with no releasing cars without a software update. The updates didn’t start until 3/16 so they are playing catch-up. I believe the stop sale is only for the 19.2Kw option and there are 253 cars in that stop sale. That has a much slower fix to that issue. I will be glad to see the car at PECATL in a week.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Mine has been in country for over a month and has not been released from the port as it waits for the SW update- allegedly going to be released in a week... we'll see...
Mine arrived at port on 3/20 and my dealer is confident he'll be getting it on Friday 3/26 so it seems they have a software update that they think will work. FWIW my dealer is only ~20 miles from the port so they may be prioritizing cars that they know they can deliver to customers by the end of the quarter.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Track my dream was working pretty well for my 4S until the car went on the boat at Emden. The Goodwood arrived in Baltimore, my port, last Friday and left of Saturday or Sunday. The TMD website still shows the car as being on the ship, and the ship track now has it at what appears to be Jacksonville, FL. And, TMD continues to show expected arrival at my dealer outside Washington DC in 2 days. I assume the car was off-loaded in Baltimore, but I have no confirmation of that and no clear idea when it may be released for the short transport to the dealer.

Untitled.png
My TYD shows the same thing but my dealer has confirmed that they did indeed take the car off the boat in Baltimore/it hasn't taken an unscheduled trip to Jacksonville.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
Do they do software updates at Emden? I have been running ahead of schedule since day 1 (dealer grabbed a locked unsold car and was able to change to my spec final order wasn't until 02/12). Finished production 03/03 so before software update.
Arrived Emden 03/06 and left on Siem Confucious on 03/17.
Currently scheduled for Halifax 03/28 then scheduled for Davisville RI 03/31.
Showing at dealer 04/02; not a long trip to Wallingford, CT but the back end schedule doesn't seem realistic. Dealer agrees and says they will have a better idea once it is off loaded.
Is my luck about to run out?

nicks-taycan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have some good news! TYD and my dealer are finally on the same page:

Porsche Taycan Anyone in the US take delivery recently? CleanShot 2021-03-25 at 07.14.23@2x

TYD didn't update tthe status (from "Port Processing") until today, the 25th. The car left port on the 20th, arrived on the 23rd, and now it's updated. It was just as @amelen said: cars are showing up at dealers even when TYD says they are at port (or elsewhere). Seems the software update is moving along nicely. The one indicator I got that the software update was done seemed to be an email to set up Porsche Connect. I got that email the same day the car was en route to the dealer.

Hoping to pick her up tomorrow or Saturday!

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Track my dream was working pretty well for my 4S until the car went on the boat at Emden. The Goodwood arrived in Baltimore, my port, last Friday and left of Saturday or Sunday. The TMD website still shows the car as being on the ship, and the ship track now has it at what appears to be Jacksonville, FL. And, TMD continues to show expected arrival at my dealer outside Washington DC in 2 days. I assume the car was off-loaded in Baltimore, but I have no confirmation of that and no clear idea when it may be released for the short transport to the dealer.

Untitled.png
I’ll be willing to bet the delays at the port for the software upgrades are the cause. They expected the car to be scanned within a few hours of arrival and are now stacked up. Without a scan, track your dream just keeps showing the ship location.
Do they do software updates at Emden? I have been running ahead of schedule since day 1 (dealer grabbed a locked unsold car and was able to change to my spec final order wasn't until 02/12). Finished production 03/03 so before software update.
Arrived Emden 03/06 and left on Siem Confucious on 03/17.
Currently scheduled for Halifax 03/28 then scheduled for Davisville RI 03/31.
Showing at dealer 04/02; not a long trip to Wallingford, CT but the back end schedule doesn't seem realistic. Dealer agrees and says they will have a better idea once it is off loaded.
Is my luck about to run out?
You’re doing a lot better than I am. Production completed 3/8, so only five days behind you. My car has been at Emden since 3/10 but wasn’t loaded on two ships so far, including Confucius on 3/17. Track my dream changed to show on a ship 4/23 (?!?!) and to the dealer on 5/14. Five days seems to have had a huge impact on final delivery timing.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have some good news! TYD and my dealer are finally on the same page:

CleanShot 2021-03-25 at 07.14.23@2x.png

TYD didn't update tthe status (from "Port Processing") until today, the 25th. The car left port on the 20th, arrived on the 23rd, and now it's updated. It was just as @amelen said: cars are showing up at dealers even when TYD says they are at port (or elsewhere). Seems the software update is moving along nicely. The one indicator I got that the software update was done seemed to be an email to set up Porsche Connect. I got that email the same day the car was en route to the dealer.

Hoping to pick her up tomorrow or Saturday!
Nice! I'm being told that TYD is being corrected/updated with more updated tracking throughout the day today. So those of you who use it for tracking should finally get better info in there shortly (if you haven't already).

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
I’ll be willing to bet the delays at the port for the software upgrades are the cause. They expected the car to be scanned within a few hours of arrival and are now stacked up. Without a scan, track your dream just keeps showing the ship location.

You’re doing a lot better than I am. Production completed 3/8, so only five days behind you. My car has been at Emden since 3/10 but wasn’t loaded on two ships so far, including Confucius on 3/17. Track my dream changed to show on a ship 4/23 (?!?!) and to the dealer on 5/14. Five days seems to have had a huge impact on final delivery timing.
Does TMD show the ship you are getting on? While at port, at some point the next milestone (not yet met) started showing the ship name and it was accurate.
I do feel really lucky but worried that I've used it all up. Will keep updating.

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Does TMD show the ship you are getting on? While at port, at some point the next milestone (not yet met) started showing the ship name and it was accurate.
I do feel really lucky but worried that I've used it all up. Will keep updating.
Just FYI for those that aren't familiar - this is where you find the ship name, at which point you can track it via various ship tracking services (google the ship name + tracking).

Porsche Taycan Anyone in the US take delivery recently? Untitled

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag

Untitled.png
TMD has now updated to show my 4S as undergoing port processing in Baltimore, so no errant ride to Jacksonville.