Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
Some of you may have read my post regarding my insurance issues! This was a total bummer!! That being said I talked to my current insurer(Aviva) and if I kept my spec under £100k they would insure me,
And for only £70 a year more then what I currently pay for my current Cayenne S.
My previous spec came out to £108k so I had to at least shave off a bit over £8000... not an easy task as I had so many things o was really set on. The last few days I really weighed on the things I really wanted/needed.
Pano roof, rear wheel steering, surround camera, Bose, 4+1, lane change assist and surround camera were all a must.
My initial spec had full leather, 4 zone climate, adaptive cruise control(which I currently have and use in traffic sometimes, and was one of my biggest “sacrifices”) also specced privacy glass and insulated glass(which I took of now, and will get privacy glass done after pick up for much less)
I also (as seen in one of my previous posts) decided on 20 inch wheels, and decided on the turbo aero S. I kept going back to my original choice the 21 cross Turismo wheels and lusting over them. For me personally,
I find them to be some of the best looking OEM wheels on sale today, by any brand, they really complete the look of the CT in my opinion. So I decided to sacrifice ACC in Favor of the wheels, I think I can leave without ACC, but those wheels will haunt me forever(yes I know I can buy the wheels after, for probably around 6k, but I know I won’t.
So yeah..... this was torture, and I’ve never been in this weird position where I can afford the car exactly how I want it, but the insurance is pretty much c@ck blocking me(excuse my French) is what it is, and these are good problems to have I guess, first world problems even! Hahahah
Well after this long rant.... this is what I came up with .... it was long and painful to get here....

My spec
Sponsored

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
Some of you may have read my post regarding my insurance issues! This was a total bummer!! That being said I talked to my current insurer(Aviva) and if I kept my spec under £100k they would insure me,
And for only £70 a year more then what I currently pay for my current Cayenne S.
My previous spec came out to £108k so I had to at least shave off a bit over £8000... not an easy task as I had so many things o was really set on. The last few days I really weighed on the things I really wanted/needed.
Pano roof, rear wheel steering, surround camera, Bose, 4+1, lane change assist and surround camera were all a must.
My initial spec had full leather, 4 zone climate, adaptive cruise control(which I currently have and use in traffic sometimes, and was one of my biggest “sacrifices”) also specced privacy glass and insulated glass(which I took of now, and will get privacy glass done after pick up for much less)
I also (as seen in one of my previous posts) decided on 20 inch wheels, and decided on the turbo aero S. I kept going back to my original choice the 21 cross Turismo wheels and lusting over them. For me personally,
I find them to be some of the best looking OEM wheels on sale today, by any brand, they really complete the look of the CT in my opinion. So I decided to sacrifice ACC in Favor of the wheels, I think I can leave without ACC, but those wheels will haunt me forever(yes I know I can buy the wheels after, for probably around 6k, but I know I won’t.
So yeah..... this was torture, and I’ve never been in this weird position where I can afford the car exactly how I want it, but the insurance is pretty much c@ck blocking me(excuse my French) is what it is, and these are good problems to have I guess, first world problems even! Hahahah
Well after this long rant.... this is what I came up with .... it was long and painful to get here....

My spec
This is a foreign concept to me. In the US they’ll insure you but you’ll pay more in premiums. Over 100k they just refuse? Why would they do that?

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
This is a foreign concept to me. In the US they’ll insure you but you’ll pay more in premiums. Over 100k they just refuse? Why would they do that?
not refuse, but they wanted 6-7k a year!!! And some refused(I had a write off last year and it took away my NCD)
Trust me I don’t understand.....

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Just insure it for 100k. & get the spec you want at 108k

nav1

First Name
nav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jaguar
Country flag
You sure?
Not sure ; but effectively a car that is more specced is more desirable and more likely to be stolen ; therefore it is not insurance is invalidated even if you ask them only to pay 100k

example is with house insurance if your contents actual value exceeds what you have insured ; you won’t get any pay out at all ... it’s a way insurance companies get out of paying for things .....

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Not sure ; but effectively a car that is more specced is more desirable and more likely to be stolen ; therefore it is not insurance is invalidated even if you ask them only to pay 100k

example is with house insurance if your contents actual value exceeds what you have insured ; you won’t get any pay out at all ... it’s a way insurance companies get out of paying for things .....
I wonder how insurance companies are going to deal with FoD?

OP
OP

Guyneutron

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S
Country flag
i think insurances will try and find anyway not to pay, but besides that, if something actually happens, they will only pay out the value insured and that might leave an outstanding finance balance, in that case the gap also will only cover up to the value you stated the car is worth.... but this is all speculation, and I’m not quite sure of the realities of this all of this....

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
i think insurances will try and find anyway not to pay, but besides that, if something actually happens, they will only pay out the value insured and that might leave an outstanding finance balance, in that case the gap also will only cover up to the value you stated the car is worth.... but this is all speculation, and I’m not quite sure of the realities of this all of this....
If you are deliberately underinsured then (at best) your payout will be ratio‘d accordingly and (at worst) your claim will be refused.

Maybe I’ve missed something, but why not just find a different insurer? Plenty of Porsche’s are over £100k!

rich_r

First Name
RIch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
Country flag
I do wonder how this works with wheels though. I suppose you go out and buy a set of expensive wheels a few months or year after the initial purchase? Will they no longer insure it? Doesn't make sense. Honestly, I think you should spec the base wheels, and then just buy the ones you want separately.
Sponsored