hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF R Sport, Taycan 4S (due Mar)
Country flag
Anyone has counts for days from having the car arrived at the port in the UK, to receiving the welcome email to collection date?

Mine had arrived at the port last week on Wed and was told it is in queue for Pre-delivery Inspections and should be ready in 7-10 days from Fri.

I know hard to apply the same count to every car, but like everyone on here, I am simply being impatient and need something to distract and stop emailing dealership everyday for an update :p

Alex and TomC, hope you are enjoying or at the dealership collecting your car :)
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Here’s a breakdown of my dates, in case it helps.

• 5th Dec: Having spent all of November in lockdown looking up cars, we go test drive the Taycan with great anticipation
  • 11th Dec: Ordered 4S, given estimate for April build
  • 5th Jan: Find out the 4S build date has been pushed back to “Q3”. I start looking for alternatives. An extremely helpful gentleman @Norfolkporsche helped push me towards a Turbo
  • 8th Jan: Got very lucky and changed order to a Turbo with a Feb build date.
  • 29th Jan > 5th March: All the usual stuff, inc. entry into port
  • 10th March: Email from Porsche regarding setting up Porsche Connect
  • 16th March: Dealer tells me today that they have the car, has provided the registration and informed we should be able to collect it on Saturday.
  • 20th March: Apparently collecting it
My 9 week old daughter has been screaming all day, in what I can only assume is excitement. She can’t wait.

Nadkar99

First Name
Nad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine arrived today!!!!
Opted for the Sport Design kit in black gloss...expensive option but makes the car a little different from other 4S’s on the road. In my first trip into London, saw 2 others, one of which had stopped on the hard shoulder with a problem I suspect as the driver was standing next to it on his phone....poor guy...

philkent

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Anyone has counts for days from having the car arrived at the port in the UK, to receiving the welcome email to collection date?

Mine had arrived at the port last week on Wed and was told it is in queue for Pre-delivery Inspections and should be ready in 7-10 days from Fri.

I know hard to apply the same count to every car, but like everyone on here, I am simply being impatient and need something to distract and stop emailing dealership everyday for an update :p

Alex and TomC, hope you are enjoying or at the dealership collecting your car :)
Here are my dates
Ordered Turbo S - 13th January
Start Production date - 29th January
Left Production Line - 10th February
Arrived Emden Port - 18th February
Arrived UK Port awaiting PDI - 24th February
Completed PDI inspection - 25th February
Setup Porsche Account = 2nd March
Arrived at Dealer - 8th March
Collected - 9th March

I tried paying deposit by credit card and was told they could only take Bank transfers now, remainder had to be Bank transfer too.

hitpl

First Name
Hit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF R Sport, Taycan 4S (due Mar)
Country flag
Thanks, TomC and Philkent.

I am seeing that the Porsche account was set up in around 4-5 working days from it arrives at the port. Today is my 6th working day since mine arrived in the UK. So, hoping I will see that allusive email anytime today :) Also, the rest of the timeline is helpful too and I am sure many others eagerly waiting for theirs will it useful too, so thanks once again.

About credit card, yes, now I have been categorically told that I cannot pay by credit card. That is a shame, but not letting it dampen my excitement.

More waiting...

RichH

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon!)
Country flag
Here’s a breakdown of my dates, in case it helps.

• 5th Dec: Having spent all of November in lockdown looking up cars, we go test drive the Taycan with great anticipation
  • 11th Dec: Ordered 4S, given estimate for April build
  • 5th Jan: Find out the 4S build date has been pushed back to “Q3”. I start looking for alternatives. An extremely helpful gentleman @Norfolkporsche helped push me towards a Turbo
  • 8th Jan: Got very lucky and changed order to a Turbo with a Feb build date.
  • 29th Jan > 5th March: All the usual stuff, inc. entry into port
  • 10th March: Email from Porsche regarding setting up Porsche Connect
  • 16th March: Dealer tells me today that they have the car, has provided the registration and informed we should be able to collect it on Saturday.
  • 20th March: Apparently collecting it
My 9 week old daughter has been screaming all day, in what I can only assume is excitement. She can’t wait.
That’s interesting to me you saying about the 4S build being pushed back. I’ve ordered a 4S through my company salary sacrifice scheme, and the order is being managed by a 3rd party. Placed it in December, initial expected delivery date was end of April, then slipped a week. Then last week was suddenly told expected delivery was end of June.
I’m trying to find out why but as I’m not dealing directly with the dealer it’s a slow process. Not like I’m using a car much currently but just prolongs the anticipation!

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I'm collecting mine Saturday, also had to pay by BACS

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My production completes on the 23rd of this month. Any rough guesses when I should expect to receive the car?

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That’s interesting to me you saying about the 4S build being pushed back. I’ve ordered a 4S through my company salary sacrifice scheme, and the order is being managed by a 3rd party. Placed it in December, initial expected delivery date was end of April, then slipped a week. Then last week was suddenly told expected delivery was end of June.
For me it was just unacceptable to not have it during this tax year, along with suffering from impatientbastarditis in general. I was told it was due to supply outstripping demand, but not sure why that would have bumped my order.

Anywho, my begging the dealer has resulted in us now picking up the car tomorrow.

911GP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Volcano Grey
Country flag
Ordered my 4S and placed a £5k credit card deposit on 4th December. I made numerous additions and placed my final order on 4th Feb (locked so no further changes without incurring delays). I have been told today that my car is in pre-production and is due to be completed on 29th March and delivery will take about 2 weeks thereafter. Fingers crossed, all goes well. It has been a long wait!

Mylam

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DB11V12.
Country flag
I’m trying to find out why but as I’m not dealing directly with the dealer it’s a slow process. Not like I’m using a car much currently but just prolongs the anticipation!
I placed an order with a lease company for a Taycan 4S in early November told it was a March build, (Lease company deal very competitive compared with Porsche dealer) In mid February I called lease company to see what was happening as I was concerned I had no solid info on order progress, they gave me the Porsche dealers name, I called dealer and they said no build slot was allocated and earliest delivery would be July

dealer said lease companies get very low priority and are at back of queue behind Porsche customers

I cancelled order from lease company and ordered a Cross Turismo 4S direct from Porsche dealer. Lease company were very apologetic and refunded all fees paid

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I placed an order with a lease company for a Taycan 4S in early November told it was a March build, (Lease company deal very competitive compared with Porsche dealer) In mid February I called lease company to see what was happening as I was concerned I had no solid info on order progress, they gave me the Porsche dealers name, I called dealer and they said no build slot was allocated and earliest delivery would be July

dealer said lease companies get very low priority and are at back of queue behind Porsche customers

I cancelled order from lease company and ordered a Cross Turismo 4S direct from Porsche dealer. Lease company were very apologetic and refunded all fees paid
I also went directly through Porsche. Lease company lead times are very long.

I did at the time find going through Porsche to be cheaper as well. However looking now leaseloco is showing a 4S+ quite cheap but I think there will be a mistake in the price.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
What a stupendously fun two days it has been. We picked the car up yesterday at 2pm, which resulted in a pretty quick handover and finding ourselves stuck with this issue: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/grey-login-button-must-use-guest-account.2446/

I have been reading these forums every day for 5 months, so knew 1). to expect some tech issue and 2). that in most cases it just fixes itself. We just took it home without setting it up, I tried later on and it worked fine.

Yet that is really trivial compared to the absolute joy of this moving piece of art. My wife wanted a Tesla; I desperately wanted a Taycan. I practically had to beg to get permission to buy the Taycan, but today I got to use that phrase that we all love to use on our spouses: "I told you so". The sheer delight on her face as she was accelerating at the speeds where it is compulsory to laugh at the absurdity of the power - priceless. Speeds no more than national limits, of course, Your Honour. And by priceless I actually mean the price of a Taycan Turbo. But you get my point.

It looks like I'll be allowed to order a MY2022 Taycan Turbo S after all

torx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Got update today. V300 Port Emden 19.03.2021.

Believe V300 means production finished/left factory.

Do all ships that leave Emden go to a single port in the UK or are they stopping to ports closer to the dealerships? Mine will eventually end up at Porsche Norwich, any one know the most likely port?
Sponsored