Taycan Sport Turismo at the Ring!

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
That makes me feel slightly relieved, to be honest.

It sort of signifies the message of the Taycan as a sports car - and Porsches are supposed to be sporty, not practical.
To me this Sport Turismo thing signifies that Taycan is not a sportscar but rather an electrified Panamera.

Looking at the Panamera line up and Porches way of doing things it will not be long before we have

Taycan
Taycan 4
Taycan 4S
Taycan Turbo
Taycan Turbo S
Taycan Sport Turismo
Taycan 4 Sport Turismo
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Taycan Turbo Sport Turismo
Taycan Turbo S Sport Turismo

And then a couple years down the line: Taycan GTS and Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
To me this Sport Turismo thing signifies that Taycan is not a sportscar but rather an electrified Panamera.

Looking at the Panamera line up and Porches way of doing things it will not be long before we have

Taycan
Taycan 4
Taycan 4S
Taycan Turbo
Taycan Turbo S
Taycan Sport Turismo
Taycan 4 Sport Turismo
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo

*Taycan S (rwd). ;)

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag

Taycan
Taycan 4
Taycan 4S
Taycan Turbo
Taycan Turbo S
Taycan Sport Turismo
Taycan 4 Sport Turismo
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo

Nothing wrong with that. Also similar to 911/Cayenne/Macan.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
The Taycan saloon is an electrified, four door 911 - a 911 that has rear doors - basically, a four door sportscar. And indeed, it looks like a 4-door 911 - many angles, it looks like a 2 door coupe if you squint, with the rear door handle sort of giving the game away - but its profile is identical to that of a 2 door coupe. The Taycan looks so similar to the 911 - especially the roof shape, that it's very easy to miss that it is essentially a four-door saloon. The Taycan may have four doors, but it looks nothing like a saloon - the profile is not one of a saloon, but one of a sports coupe.

With the Sport Turismo, I have to say I see a resemblance to the Panamera sport turismo in the overall profile. This is just because I have nothing else to compare it to - I mean, Porsche have never made a 911 shooting brake. But maybe when this is revealed, we'll see something that bridges the gap between the Panamera Sport Turismo and the 911 shooting brake that Porsche has never made.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
*Taycan S (rwd). ;)
Oops, forgot Taycan S and Taycan S Sport Turismo.

I guess all I can hope for now is they don't introduce the long-ass Executive versions as well:facepalm:

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Oops, forgot Taycan S and Taycan S Sport Turismo.

I guess all I can hope for now is they don't introduce the long-ass Executive versions as well:facepalm:
If they don't produce long ass versions, then how will they be able to sell the Sport Turismo to funeral homes as a hearse as a coffin would not fit? :giggle::giggle::CWL::CWL:

Actually, I don't understand your logic or problem......I hate the Sport Turismo.....ie a hearse for funerals.....But in Italy, the nice hearses are modified Maseratis

CEO Blume clearly stated in April interview that the Taycan is in the limousine line up of Porsche (sedan in USA, saloon in UK), so yes, it is the sister car of Panamera. But he also stated it was the goal to have the Taycan drive like a 911, which it seems Porsche has succeeded....... So what is your issue here?? All that is important is if you like the look and performance of the Taycan, that is how it should be judged.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
CEO Blume clearly stated in April interview that the Taycan is in the limousine line up of Porsche (sedan in USA, saloon in UK), so yes, it is the sister car of Panamera. But he also stated it was the goal to have the Taycan drive like a 911, which it seems Porsche has succeeded....... So what is your issue here?? All that is important is if you like the look and performance of the Taycan, that is how it should be judged.
If my memory is not completely wrong CEO Blume said the Cross Turismo would go into production, nothing said about this ugly ST thing that has started making appearances again. I was also told by my sales rep that there would be a Cross Turismo but no ST.

When i ordered the Taycan I ordered a sportscar and not something that will be associated with estates, wagons or whatever people call them. Far as Panamera is concerned I was pretty close to order one as I like the new design, hated the old hump back. I dropped that plan as soon as the Panamera ST appeared. I live in a country where everyone wants SUV's or wagons, sedan models are hard to sell, new or used. If the Taycan ST is launched I will be surprised if more than a handful of sedans will be sold in my country the coming years.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
If my memory is not completely wrong CEO Blume said the Cross Turismo would go into production, nothing said about this ugly ST thing that has started making appearances again. I was also told by my sales rep that there would be a Cross Turismo but no ST.

When i ordered the Taycan I ordered a sportscar and not something that will be associated with estates, wagons or whatever people call them. Far as Panamera is concerned I was pretty close to order one as I like the new design, hated the old hump back. I dropped that plan as soon as the Panamera ST appeared. I live in a country where everyone wants SUV's or wagons, sedan models are hard to sell, new or used. If the Taycan ST is launched I will be surprised if more than a handful of sedans will be sold in my country the coming years.
But the sedan still looks good and is a proper sportscar. It's just Porsche's poor model strategy that means it's associated with wagons

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I don't really care what other models they choose to launch. If I don't like them, I don't buy them. I don't see how someone buying & driving a wagon Taycan would diminish my regular Taycan. To me that is a bit silly. It's a different car.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I don't really care what other models they choose to launch. If I don't like them, I don't buy them. I don't see how someone buying & driving a wagon Taycan would diminish my regular Taycan. To me that is a bit silly. It's a different car.
This. Plus so much is perception.

Don't think sedan, think four door sports coupe! Don't think wagon, think shooting brake!

Part of the Taycan's success in this area is that it looks so much like a four-door 911 - like a four-door sportscar. Sport Turismo or no, nothing will ever change that.

Personally I think launching the wagon is a mistake, they should be launching a sportier, higher powered version. But I see an opportunity here for Porsche to make the 911 shooting brake that never was.

Though of course we can call it a shooting brake instead of an estate all we want, what really matters if how Porsche treats it. Give us a lot of sporty, lightweight, high powered variants? Very easy to consider it a shooting brake. Otherwise it'll be trickier.

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
911 shooting brake, give me strength:facepalm:

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
911 shooting brake, give me strength:facepalm:
You always need to be positive!

But then again, we do need to see the finished car under the Camo. And it'll be harder if Porsche are putting the CT into production

Rollep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, BMW i3
Country flag
You always need to be positive!

But then again, we do need to see the finished car under the Camo. And it'll be harder if Porsche are putting the CT into production
As I understand it the Cross Turismo is already in pre production. If that means I don't have to see more of the ST I'll be most happy. Taycan sedan for us that wants an EV that is pretty close to a sportscar and Cross Turismo CUV for those who needs to carry a pram or a dog cage in the back:like:

Porsche will have more than enough on their plate with 2 Taycan models and the Macan EV coming shortly.
Sponsored