Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
First, a huge thank you to everyone here for helping me put together my order just over 3months ago (when I switched my 911 Turbo to a Taycan Turbo). I took delivery of the car earlier today, a quick walk around video is below and the 1st picture I took of it is below.

Second, a huge shout out to Princeton Porsche. I work with tons of Porsche dealers, but Princeton Porsche continues to be one of the best in the country (and usually the one I loop members in with for help).

The car itself is amazing - very similar to the Panamera that I really enjoyed and traded-in for the Taycan but also sportier and I love the Mamba Green color. Overall, the Taycan Turbo seems to be dead-in-the-middle between the Panamera Turbo and 911 Turbo - which is what I was looking for. If I have one regret, it's that I went with all-black on the interior. I haven't done all-black in a while (my Panamera was red), but it was hard to match something to the bright green. I'm sure it will grow on me though. Also, as a pleasant surprise, the car came with a Porsche Mobile Charger (that supports up to 40amp). I know those who ordered around the same time as me (December/January) were surprised to see the configurator start charging for the mobile charger. I opted-out of it and received the Porsche Mobile Charger anyway (v2 if that matters). I didn't realize it was coming, so I think I'll stick to the charging set up I already have (and am selling the charger), but just a heads up for those who were in the same boat as me.

I'll report back with more feedback once I drive it some more. On the to-do's is a hard-wire radar installation (the tap-a-fuse I had didn't fit -Porsche is using normal size fuses here, not the smaller ones I had on past Porsche's). Aside from that, it's a very smooth ride (based on the feedback from my wife and my kids who spend most of the time in the GLS450 which is known for very smoothness and comfort). I haven't tried any crazy acceleration yet, but the instant hp/torque is already very noticeable.

For those on the fence about the bright colors, or any of the options I have, please message me and I can help. For those who need a great dealership who can provide a great price, also PM me. I've helped about ~2-3 dozen members here with their orders in the last 6mo and am always available to help.

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery 167290345_815499085723994_6273380792037469082_n
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Fwiw, the car comes with charger and mount, but the upgrade comes with a smart charger, screen and stuff on it.

Guards Red Car

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
Wow
Stunning!
Congrats!
Are you planning on swapping the amber to clear marker lights up front?

OP
OP
amelen

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
Congrats on the car as I’m sure you’ll enjoy!!

LovinTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan and 2019 Mercedes S560V
Country flag
Love the Mamba Green color, congrats!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Congrats on the new car. The first Taycan I test drove was in Mamba Green – and it got so much attention.

I'm Irish and its even a bit too green for me – but I'm a fan of brighter vehicles. Its great that Porsche make so many interesting colours available on the Taycan.

One thing I learned from your video is that I didn't realise US spec vehicles beep when the boot (trunk?) opens. I'm glad EU spec doesn't do that!

SCSEV

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Taycan 4S, Audi e-tron, Chrysler Town&Country
Country flag
Bold color! I kind of like it. Congratulations.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
BADASSSS and I can see why you love it! Many happy miles to you, and thank you again for your help in buying my 4S (coming soon!).

Drew Webb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 GT2, Tesla Model X, Maserati Quattroporte
Country flag
Congratulations @amelen , you will absolutely love this car especially in Mamba Green on black.
Have a MY21 4S in the same colour and get sooo many compliments.
Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery A788A585-6F93-43ED-879E-8CB791157010

I decided to spec it with performance + premium as replacement for my “mothballed”. 993 GT2. Amazingly drives very similarly but just more torque!
Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery F9B88174-0DBF-465D-9E72-535E1B9CB1F7

Porsche Taycan 2021 Taycan Turbo - Mamba Green Delivery 3C494693-59C3-48A0-AD6B-C6933850880E