Only 1% SoC loss after a month of immobility!

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I shut down and closed my 2020 4S on March 8, without any trickle charger or tethering to the PMCC/EVSE, and with Interior Monitoring off. SoC was 58%. Then went to enjoy the Colorado mountains for a month. As usual, I refrained from using the Connect app meanwhile or from logging in to the website. Last night, I came back to New Jersey and checked the Taycan this morning. It opened and started up without any hesitation, showing a 57% SoC. 1% SoC lost after a month of standing still! I was happy and impressed and feel confident that I can leave the car for several months without any concern.

Porsche Taycan Only 1% SoC loss after a month of immobility! March8
Porsche Taycan Only 1% SoC loss after a month of immobility! April6

chuckster

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 21 4s , Cayenne, Cayenne Diesel, MB 350
Country flag
I shut down and closed my 2020 4S on March 8, without any trickle charger or tethering to the PMCC/EVSE, and with Interior Monitoring off. SoC was 58%. Then went to enjoy the Colorado mountains for a month. As usual, I refrained from using the Connect app meanwhile or from logging in to the website. Last night, I came back to New Jersey and checked the Taycan this morning. It opened and started up without any hesitation, showing a 57% SoC. 1% SoC lost after a month of standing still! I was happy and impressed and feel confident that I can leave the car for several months without any concern.

March8.jpg
April6.jpg
Great news I'll be leaving town for two months this make me feel confident that I won't need a trickle charger. Thanks for sharing. I assume you locked the car.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great news I'll be leaving town for two months this make me feel confident that I won't need a trickle charger. Thanks for sharing. I assume you locked the car.
@chuckster , yes, I locked the car but kept Interior Monitoring off. Have a safe trip.

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
@chuckster , yes, I locked the car but kept Interior Monitoring off. Have a safe trip.
That's pretty amazing. I left the car unused for 15 weeks (lockdown over here) and lost 16% of the battery in that time. Yes, it was hell not driving it for that period! Was pretty pleased with 1% per week. However, I left the interior monitoring and parking brake on, and occasionally turned the car on every 10 days or so to make sure the 12V was charged up. Also used the connect app during that time.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's pretty amazing. I left the car unused for 15 weeks (lockdown over here) and lost 16% of the battery in that time. Yes, it was hell not driving it for that period! Was pretty pleased with 1% per week. However, I left the interior monitoring and parking brake on, and occasionally turned the car on every 10 days or so to make sure the 12V was charged up. Also used the connect app during that time.
Thanks for the additional data, @DocB . 1% per week is indeed already a comfortable number, but it does seem as if Interior Monitoring, the periodic switch-on, and/or the Connect check-ins may have some impact on the stationary power consumption.

OP
OP
Kingske

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Confirmation of my earlier observation that leaving a Taycan for a month only costs 1% of SoC. I left my 4S on June 3 because of a trip to Belgium and found it back on June 24 with 1% gone. Virtually no drainage.

Porsche Taycan Only 1% SoC loss after a month of immobility! June3
Porsche Taycan Only 1% SoC loss after a month of immobility! June24

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Confirmation of my earlier observation that leaving a Taycan for a month only costs 1% of SoC. I left my 4S on June 3 because of a trip to Belgium and found it back on June 24 with 1% gone. Virtually no drainage.
This is what you get with a properly designed BMS and no phantom drain. Thanks for posting. I have put mine at 3% above the “minimum charge” and it is plugged in. But it will be interesting to see what percent it is when I am back to it in 5 weeks.

PT Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
What seems equally impressive is how the vehicle's SOC is conserved in a hot garage. Out here on the west coast, the heat wave has been enjoying its usual round of scorching temps. With my previous EV, I could hear the fans coming on full blast to cool the battery. With the Taycan, I can barely hear the fans. I haven't paid too much attention on how the SOC numbers are affected and what I've noticed is only by feel, but now your post will serve as a heuristic approach to do some trial testing on how a hot garage influences SOC over time. Thanks for the awareness.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My Model 3 fans were constantly running when parked in my garage in hot S. Florida summer. Taycan fans have yet to run when parked and it's summer.

GOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLS63 . Range Rover Sport
Country flag
What is interior monitoring if I may ask