Taycan 4 Cross Turismo black // delivered 10/2021

pnw-ev-nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Sweet! Do you plan to swap the winter wheels yourself? I'm curious if you can just jack up one wheel in a time in your garage like any other car, or if there are special considerations with a car this heavy and specialized

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I guess it's just like any other car, just need a jack that can lift such weight..

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Bordeaux Red leather interior with black contrast looks really good IMO. The leather is a bit dark red in real life, really goes well with black exterior. I also included the seat belts in Bordeaux red, gives a small extra touch. Panoramic roof is a must have also to get light inside. There is no sunroof curtain but the roof window is supposed to dim itself depending on lighting conditions, will see how it works in real life..
Porsche Taycan Taycan 4 Cross Turismo black // delivered 10/2021 TaycanInterior

tuptaycan4S

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered the Taycan 4 Cross Turismo today, loaded with options.

Here is the spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMJUCT17

First Porsche and first electric car! Very excited. Black with red leather interior.

Taycan4CT.png

Winter wheels:
talvivanteet.png
Your spec opened up in a different language for some reason. Anyways.....hoping you specced sport package. Rear wheel steer and pdcc is truly amazing. I wish I had it on mine. I regret not speccing it. Still love driving my 4s, but every time I drive a loaner with sport package I can’t help but feel I’m missing out.

tuptaycan4S

First Name
Lowell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your spec opened up in a different language for some reason. Anyways.....hoping you specced sport package. Rear wheel steer and pdcc is truly amazing. I wish I had it on mine. I regret not speccing it. Still love driving my 4s, but every time I drive a loaner with sport package I can’t help but feel I’m missing out.
Strangely, I’m also Dr T. Now I know why that handle was taken!

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What is the sport package? The config is made in Finland so it is in finnish, dunno if u can change the language. It will be my daily driver, so it is specced as such :)

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Winter wheels (rims changed to Offroad Design because options where limited to a few) with Hakkapeliitta R3 winter tyres

RaidenTsao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY20 E-tron 55. Taycan Cross Turismo 4 ordered
Country flag
Looks amazing. Just ordered a 4 with Cherry metallic and two-tone Bordeaux Red in Espoo. May I ask what's the range you get with 20' wheels these days in Finland?

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks amazing. Just ordered a 4 with Cherry metallic and two-tone Bordeaux Red in Espoo. May I ask what's the range you get with 20' wheels these days in Finland?
Cherry metallic is beautiful. I like my black CT, but it get dirty quite fast in this weather. Range:
About 350km with full charge in normal mode, over 400km with ac off. I guess there is still some kind of break-in period going on, the regenerative braking has not yet kicked in. Also have to experiment a bit with different tyre pressures.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Panoramic roof is a must have also to get light inside. There is no sunroof curtain but the roof window is supposed to dim itself depending on lighting conditions, will see how it works in real life..
If you were right about the roof glass dimming in bright light, I would be more enthusiastic than I am about the glass roof... But this is not "smart" (electrochromic or photochromic) glass, or Porsche would be raving about it, and it's a shame because Mercedes has done it:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/electrochromic-glass-gentex-boeing-dreamliner-future-tech/

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you were right about the roof glass dimming in bright light, I would be more enthusiastic than I am about the glass roof... But this is not "smart" (electrochromic or photochromic) glass, or Porsche would be raving about it, and it's a shame because Mercedes has done it:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/electrochromic-glass-gentex-boeing-dreamliner-future-tech/
Yeah, there is no roller blind or electronically dimming blind in the panoramic roof. I guess it's same as with privacy windows, the dimming either is enough or then not. Porsche writes following:
" For the first time in a Porsche, low-emissivity thermal insulation glass is used for the panoramic fixed glass roof. Several wafer-thin metal layers are applied to the insulating glass. As the thermal insulation glass allows short-wave radiation to pass through and reflects long-wave infra-red radiation, the vehicle interior will heat up more slowly in summer. This also means that the heat in the interior is retained longer in winter. In combination with the glass tint, it was therefore possible to dispense with a roller blind. An intermediate layer in the glass structure also provides acoustic insulation for the interior. "

Up here in the North, the sun is so low this time of the year and we have had mostly cloudy days, so haven't been able to test it. Realistically I guess I'll have to wait until June/July to get a feel how it works in direct sunlight, even then the sunny days are so limited so not really applicable for my country, I hope it works well enough in a warmer climate.
Sponsored